Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Editor Team
Are you seeking help to learn about how to automate invoice reminders in QuickBooks Online? Here you will learn all about this, in QuickBooks Online you can set up automatic reminders there is no need to track the dates yourself or worry about sending too many reminders. You can also personalize, the email message so it matches your business. So let’s start the blog, without wasting our valuable time.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
While QuickBooks Online allows you to manually send email invoice reminders to do so requires a lot of work on your end. When you have dozens of outstanding invoices, it can turn into several hours of monotonous work, depending on sending manual reminders to customers. And you can personalize the email message so it matches your business.
Procedure to Automate Invoice Reminders in QuickBooks Online
Here we have provided a simple procedure in two steps, first read the steps, understand the steps, and then follow the steps.
Step 1: Set up Automatic Invoice Reminders in QuickBooks Online
The first step, is to set up the automatic reminders in QuickBooks Online, and do that follow the below procedure.
- Go to Settings and select Account and Settings or Company Settings.
- Select the Sales tab.
- Go to the Reminders section and click on the option of Edit.
- Select the Auto invoice reminder checkbox.
- Select either Before or After from the dropdown.
- On, due Date dropdown, select how many days before or after the due date you want to send reminders.
Note:- You can schedule and send email reminders up to 90 days before or after the invoice due date.
- Set your second and third reminders as needed.
Next, send the message:-
- Select Reset to email template if you want to personalize your message. You can leave it blank and use the default message
- Select the Use greeting checkbox to edit your greeting. Then select a greeting from the dropdowns
- Edit the email subject and message. Tip: we recommend you keep “reminder” in the subject
- If you want to get an email confirmation when reminders go out, select the Email me a copy checkbox
- When you’re finished, select Save and then Done option.
Here, the QuickBooks checks the due dates on your invoice a few times a day. And if someone meets your criteria, then it automatically sends a reminder. And also you cannot exclude specific customers.
QuickBooks uses this as a template for all invoice reminders. When you create an invoice, the due date on the form starts the clock. Make sure you include an email address in the customer email field on invoices.
Tip:- If you want a reminder to include PDF copies of the invoice? Then you need to go back to the Sales tab in Account and Settings. Select to Edit the icon and turn on the option in the online distribution section.
To Ensure ‘Who Got a Reminder’
QuickBooks checks your invoice due dates every night at midnight. If any meet your criteria, it automatically sends reminders. You can’t exclude specific customers. If you want to see which customers got reminders, then follow these steps:-
- Go to the Sales menu.
- QuickBooks adds “(Reminded)” to invoices in the Status column after it sends a reminder.
Step 2: Send Invoice Reminders Manually
Here, we provided the steps to instead of automatic reminders, that you can also send them manually. Follow these given steps:-
- Select the Sales menu, and then click on the option of Invoices.
- After that, you need to find the invoice you’d like to send a reminder for.
- Go to the Receive Payment dropdown, and then click on the option of Send reminder.
- Then, Customize your message and at the last click on the option of Send.
Here, in this article, we tried our best to provide information and we hope you like it and gain ideas to automate invoice reminders in QuickBooks Online. Further if in case, if you need help to automate the invoice reminder or want to clear for this topic deeply then you can get our ProAdvisor support for an instant solution at any time and anywhere.