Do you want a solution for how to change employee payroll information in QuickBooks Online? We have provided details here for you through which you can easily do this process. We have provided these steps according to your convenience and you have given details to make it easy.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
In QuickBooks, an employee form is available for each person who wants to make the change, which is named the W-4 form. Follow some steps and fill this form. You can certainly change the information within a second. This form is also known as the state allowance form. If you want more information about payroll and all its services then you have the option to get information fast.
- Employee details that you can modify at any time: Legal time, DOB, address, payroll schedule, income, class, excess, deductible, company contribution, direct deposit, sickness leave, COVID sick leave, allowances, additional withholding, federal filing status, State withholding of remaining state excess, state filing status, and state assessment deduction.
- The amendment, which applies to the next pay period: lived state, lived state, and had other taxes.
- For details on employees that cannot be edited on the QuickBooks Online, contact the QB Payroll Assistant Representative for assistance: SSN, Medicare, Advanced Earned Income Credit Card, SDI, SUI, and Company Payments. Working in the current year Reconsideration amendment. Live in the state, and pay other taxes to the state.
Other Recommended Articles:Is Quickbooks easy to learn?
Is QuickBooks down or not working?
How To Use QuickBooks: Features & Advantages
What Information Can you Change in Employee Payroll
Employees Information: If a client wants then they can change the employee’s details that are Legal Name, Address, Payroll Schedule, Earnings, Date of Birth, State Filing Status, Class Additions, State Estimated Deductions, Deductions, Company Contributions, State Allowances, Direct Deposit, Sick/Vacation, Allowances, Federal Filing Status, Extra Withholding, and State Extra Withholding. You can change Employee Information anytime when you want.
Procedure to Change Employee Payroll Information in QuickBooks
Follow the below given steps to change the employee payroll information in QuickBooks:
Step 1: Change Employee Payroll Information
After getting the updated information, you can proceed with the step to change employee payroll information in it. Here we will know the edit information for QuickBooks Online Payroll, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, and Intuit Online payroll. Let’s start with the QuickBooks Online payroll:
Change Employee Payroll Information in QuickBooks Online Payroll
If you want to Edit an employee’s info in QuickBooks Online payroll for all versions, then follow these given two options carefully:-
Option 1: Update an employee from their Employee profile
- First, you need to click on the Payroll menu, and then click on the option of Employees.
- Choose the employee’s name.
- And then, click on the option of Edit on the section you want to update.
- And, edit their information.
- At the last, click on the option of Done.
Option 2: Update an employee while you run a payroll
- Click on the option of the employee’s name on the Run payroll screen.
- After that, edit their info and then click on the option of Done.
Change Employee Payroll Information in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
Follow the below given steps to change employee payroll information in QuickBooks Desktop payroll
- Click on the Employees option, and then select the Employee Center.
- Then, you need to Double-click the employee’s name that you want to edit.
- Then, make changes to the edit column.
- And at the last, click on the option of OK.
Change Employee Payroll Information in Intuit Online Payroll
If you want to Edit an employee’s info in Intuit online payroll for all versions, then follow these given steps carefully:-
- Click on the Employees option, and then select the Employee Center.
- After that click on the option of Edit on the section that you want to update.
- And at last click on the OK option to save the change option.
Step 2: Change Employee Name
In the second steps, change the employee name, whom name you want to change:
- Firstly, go to the Employees menu and then click on the option of the Employee Center.
- Then, you need to double-click on the employee’s name.
- Then, you need to enter the corrected employee name under Legal Name on the Personal tab.
- In the end, click on the option of OK.
Step 3: Added Payroll Item
- In the Item Name column, choose beneath the last item.
- If you want to create a new payroll item then click on a payroll item from the drop-down arrow.
- After that, click on the Add option.
- In the end, click on the option of OK to save your changes.
Step 4: Change the Payroll Item’s Amount, Percentage, or Annual Limit
- Select the Hourly or Annual rate, amount, or Limit column for the item you want to change
- Change the amount, percentage, or limit.
- Click Ok to save your changes.
Step 4: Change tax withholding or add extra withholding
- First, you need to click on the option of Taxes.
- After that, click the tab for the type of tax that you want to change.
- When once you change the tax, then at the last, click on the option of OK.
Step 5: Insert a Payroll Item above Another
- First, you need to click the item above that you want to insert an item.
- After that, click on the Edit option.
- Then, choose Insert Line.
- And the end of this step, click on the ok option to save your changes.
Step 6: Delete a Payroll Item
- In this step, first, you need to choose the object that you want to remove.
- Click on the option of Edit, and then select the Delete Line option.
- And at the end, click on the option of Ok to save your changes.
Step 7: Reactivate a Terminated or Released the Employee
- First, you need to go to the Employees Center and then change the view to all Employees.
- Then, double click the employee that you wish to reactivate.
- Then, click on the Employment Info tab.
- Delete the release date, so the field is blank. And then, go to the Terminated tab and delete the information.
- Unmark the Employee inactive box.
- And at the last, click the option of ok to save your changes.
Step 8: Complete New State Setup
In this step, when your employee moves to another state or another place, then you may need to set up and pay taxes in that state or place (beneficial for you and also your employee). And you need to change or create a new set up for those employees.
At last, we hope you like the blog, and now you are able to change employee payroll information in QuickBooks. But further, if you have any doubts regarding this topic then, you can get our Accountwizy ProAdvisor support to clear your doubts, and also can get guidance to do this activity in a proper way.