Last Updated on September 29, 2020 by Editorial Staff
‘Want to create an IIF file for QuickBooks?’ If so, let us tell you that, you are in the right place. Here you can know ‘How to create an IIF file for QuickBooks?’ easily.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Before creating an IIF file for QuickBooks, we think it will be good for all new QuickBooks users to know a little overview of IIf files. The IIF files are ASCII text tabs and it is a separate value file that QuickBooks desktop uses to import or export lists of transactions. These files make it easier to transfer data from one platform to other platforms which is the best management company in QuickBooks.
Importing or exporting data files on the desktop is easy because QuickBooks desktop format the file for you. However, creating iif files and storing data from another program is very complex and it may be difficult if you don’t have experience formatting delimited text files which makes it faster and easier to enter the information directly into QuickBooks desktop, unless you have a large amount of data to import.
If you use Microsoft Excel to create the IIF file, you may save it through going to File > Save As command then make sure that the save as kind is set to Text (Tab Delimited) then input the iif within the file name box as show below:
How To Create IIf file for QuickBooks
You can create iif file for QuickBooks by using these method:-
- Import iif file with Quickbooks desktop
- Sample of iif file
- Import iif file to Quickbooks online
- IIf file converter
- Export iif file into Quickbooks
- Free iif file creator
- Where do iif files in QuickBooks
- Quickbooks iif Journal entry
Import IIF File For QuickBooks
If you are familiar with the method to format and store your IIF document then It is time to import the Quickbooks IIF report we created. To import the Quickbooks follow these steps
- Open Quickbooks
- Navigate to File > Utilities > Import > IIF Files
- The Import window will appear. Choose the iif record which you saved.
- Click on the Open.
- Click ok on the message “Your statistics has been create efficaciously”
Use of IIF files
You can use IIf file as these method:-
- Export lists from one QuickBooks business enterprise record and import them into some other.
- Import transactions into any other QuickBooks software.
- Import QuickBooks timer activities into an organization record.
- Share records between exclusive QuickBooks variants and systems such as inclusive of Pro, Premier, and Enterprise; or Windows and Macintosh.
Create an IIF File from Excel
If you began exploring a method to import Payroll and Invoice records into Quickbooks then, you could import from Excel by method of creating a iif file.
- Do shop from Excel, simply pick out Text or tab-delimited as your option to keep
- After you have stored, use explorer to make the folder and the report,
- Properly click on the view record and give the same as name from .Txt to IIf. It can be less complicated to do when you have not checked the field below explorer that announces hide extensions of regarded report types.
Create an IIF file for QuickBooks Desktop
If you have QuickBooks Desktop integration then, create an Intuit Interchange format report after strolling payroll. This file carries away which payroll amounts align with bills in QuickBooks Desktop.
- After you have run payroll, click on the Reports tab.
- However, run the payroll and click on view details.
- Next, go to the QuickBooks and click on the export.
- The IIF document can be installed on your computer.
- Open IIf file in QuickBooks desktop
- Import IIf files QuickBooks online desktop
- What is an IIf file in QuickBooks desktop
- Quickbooks file types to create desktop
- How to open a QuickBooks file in QuickBooks desktop
- IIf file converter for QuickBooks desktop
- Quickbooks data file location in QuickBooks desktop
We hope, you like the blog and, now you will be able to get your solution for ‘How to create an IIF file for QuickBooks?’. We tried our best to put information into it. Still, if in case, you are unable to create the IIF file successfully, or you need help to create IIf file for QuickBooks then, you can get the QuickBooks ProAdvisor support through the toll-free number +1-877-355-0435 at any time and anywhere.