‘How to enable chat in QuickBooks?’- Generally, this query is struck by those users, who are new to use the QuickBooks messenger feature in QuickBooks. If you also have the same problem, then stay with us and know the turn-on process of chat in QuickBooks.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Today in this article, we are going to know about the activation procedure of QuickBooks messenger. So let’s read:
A user can get the facility of QuickBooks messenger in QuickBooks Desktop multi-user mode by clicking on the icon of the tool. It allows the users to chat with other company QuickBooks users inside the QuickBooks software, and also allows the users to switch the single-user mode by logging of other users. But before that, you have to install and enable chat in QuickBooks. To turn on it, follow the below procedure:
Enable chat in QuickBooks procedure:
This is the procedure by which you can easily turn on the mode of QuickBooks with a perfect method, and can chat with other users
- If there is any other user logged into the QuickBooks company file, and you want to discuss an important topic with him/her, then you can use the ‘Chat’ option for easy communication.
- You will be notified that whenever the user logged into the particular company file so that you can able to connect with that user at the right time.
- In the notification window, you can see an option of ‘Chat’, just click on it to start the conversion.
- You can choose another way to enable the chat mode in QuickBooks, and that is: go to the ‘QuickBooks Messenger Tool’ icon from your desktop and double click on it to open the app.
- Then search for the ‘Chat’ option, just click on it.
- After that, you can chat with other users those who are logged into the QuickBooks company file, if you are the admin.
- To do this go to the ‘Actions’ menu and choose the ‘Send Message to Logged In Users’ option.
- Now you can start your conversation with the logged-in users in QuickBooks. But you have to remember that, if you are an admin and want to view the conversion between users during the log of period, then you can’t be able to do this.
Other Recommended Articles:Owner’s Draw in QuickBooks (Members Draw QuickBooks)
How to Record a Customer Refund in QuickBooks Online
How to Export Reports and Customer Data to Excel From QuickBooks Online
Some common procedures to make the chatting process easy in QuickBooks:
There are some common methods that will help you to use the QB messenger properly. Have a look:
Status availability in QuickBooks messenger:
This is an add-on procedure for you by which you will be able to change your status according to your choice like you are busy, available, away, and anything else, and this status will be shown to your QuickBooks users. To make it work, go to the username and click on the drop-down menu, and select the status (that you want to choose) from the list.
How to close company files for other users?
Close the company file for other users by following the below method:
- Open the QuickBooks messenger and go to the ‘File’ menu to choose the ‘Chat with a Coworker’ option.
- Then go to the ‘Actions’ drop-down menu and click on the ‘Close Company File for Users’ option.
- Choose that users you want to remove the access from the file of QuickBooks.
- Click on the ‘Close company file’ option, and click ‘Yes’ in the confirmation window.
How to disable QuickBooks Messenger in QuickBooks?
To disable the QuickBooks Messenger in QuickBooks you have to follow the below steps:s
- At first, you have to log in as an admin in the QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- Then go to the ‘File’ menu and select the ‘Utilities’ option from the list.
- Now you have to choose the ‘Disable QuickBooks Messenger’ option.
- After that log out from the company file.
The End Line:
In the endline, we just want to say that the Chat feature of QuickBooks is a very good feature provided by Intuit, you just have to use it properly. We hope, you like the blog and are able to understand all these steps. Further, if you have any doubts then you can get our help.