In most of the articles or blogs, we have discussed the QuickBooks file. But have you ever try to know about the QuickBooks file type, or what are the uses of different extensions in QuickBooks. If you not yet thought about this then, well in this blog you will be able to know about the .qbw file, and how to open qbw file without QuickBooks, which is one of the QuickBooks files.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Generally, those who already know the .qbw file, they asked the question ‘How to open QBW file without QuickBooks?’. In this blog, you can also get a brief solution for your query. But before that, it will be good to know a little overview of the .qbw file.
.QBW is a file extension for Quickbooks file and in QuickBooks, all important data information and Quickbooks company file is stored in .qbw extension in a windows operating system. That’s why it is a very important file in QuickBooks.
Steps to Open qbw File Without QuickBooks
To open a QBW file without QuickBooks you need to change or convert that file into other software compatible. There are so many reasons to switch one software to other software. Here we will explain the steps to change the file and open it with the help of excel 2010 or higher.
- First, you need to click on the start button on your windows operating system.
- Now click on all programs and find Intuit and choose QuickBooks.
- Open the QuickBooks financial file which you want to export. Sometimes it required a password for security purposes.
- After entering the password, Right-click on your QuickBooks Company file.
- Now you need to check the customer account opens to at the top of the windows.
- Now you are in the customer center.
- Export the file as an excel sheet. Note that the office version is at least 2010 or higher.
- Because Excel 2010 or higher version can convert the QBW file in excel readable file.
- Now time to import the QBW file that you exported in the previous step.
- Import the QBW file in the excel by following the step.
- Open your excel worksheet in your system.
- Navigate to the Data tab in your Excel software.
- Now click on import another source.
- Locate the QBW file in your system and open it.
- If you can’t find it then you can also search it by entering QBW in the search box.
- Choose your file to convert into the excel executable file.
- This process will convert the QuickBooks File into an Excel file.
Steps to Open QBW File in Excel
There is another way to open qbw file without QuickBooks, yes you can open the qbw file in excel. Let’s follow the below steps to open the qbw file:
- In the first step, launch the QuickBooks Desktop, and go for the company file.
- Open the company file that you want to use, go to the ‘File’ tab, and select the ‘Open’ option to open the file.
- After that browse the company file including .qbw extension, and select on the ‘Open’ option to open it.
- Then you can see an option of ‘Switch to Single-User mode’ under the ‘File’ tab.
- After that, select the ‘Export’ option from the ‘File’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Send the Report to a New Excel Spreadsheet’ option, an then on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Now you can see that the company file in an excel spreadsheet.
- In the next step, again go to the ‘File’ tab, and click on the ‘Save As’ option to save your file.
- Give a file name and select the location to save the file.
- At last, hit on the ‘Save’ option.
If you are facing a problem to open file QuickBooks. Probably you are trying to open the old version of the Qucikbook file to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
So this was the blog, hope now you are able to open qbw file without QuickBooks in the manual procedure and can open it in it excel. Still if in case, you are unable to perform this procedure or have any doubt in this blog, then you can get our ProAdvisor support through the toll-free number +1-877-715-0222 at any time and anywhere. This is a very easy and efficient method to open qbw file without QuickBooks accounting software.