QuickBooks error 1328 is one of the common update errors reported by the users. Here in this post, we are providing you all the information, including how to fix QuickBooks error 1328, and it causes.QuickBooks is a widely used financial software that is used by different types of small and medium-sized businesses. This highly popular accounting software incorporates both basic and advanced features, thus catering to the needs of different accounting professionals. By using this software, you can effortlessly manage your day to day accounting tasks. A QuickBooks customer can encounter QuickBooks Update Error 1328 when he or she is installing or uninstalling QuickBooks, repairing or updating QuickBooks. Following error message gets displayed on the computer screen.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-855-422-5334.
What is QuickBooks error 1328?
Quickbooks Error 1328 usually occurs while updating, installing & repairing or even uninstalling QuickBooks.This error may show up on your computer screen in various ways. Although the file reference of such error shows what the problems exactly are.
Why Quickbooks error 1328 occurs?
One possible reason for Quickbooks update error 1328 Maybe installing a version with a license number that differs from the 2009 versions that are presently installed. This reason for this update errors for the .tmp files in the config.msi folder which prevents QuickBooks from finishing the update.
What causes QuickBooks Error 1328?
QB error 1328 can occur due to the following factors –
- There is some problem with downloading.
- Program files are damaged or have become corrupted.
- Some problem has occurred in the network.
- Your computer is not working properly.
- Installation files are incorrect.
- Windows registry has invalid entries.
- A computer is infected with a virus, trojan or malware.
- The system did not shut down properly due to power failure.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1328
Following symptoms can appear when QB update error 1328 occurs –
- The user is unable to update QuickBooks.
- The user fails to install or uninstall QuickBooks.
- The process of repairing QuickBooks cannot be accomplished.
- QuickBooks freezes or gets crashed.
- QB Error Code 1328 flashes on the computer display screen along
- with the error message.
- Windows becomes slow or crashes frequently.
- QuickBooks takes a lot of time to respond.
Other Recommended Articles:QuickBooks Online Test Drive – Try Free Company File Sample
How To Manage QuickBooks Undeposited Funds
Quickbooks Income Statement: Benefits & How To Run
How can we fix Quickbooks update error 1328
Below are the solutions that can be followed to troubleshoot the QuickBooks update errors 1328. If you get QuickBooks update errors 1328 on your screen the QuickBooks would stop and you will not be able to work on it. So it always recommended resolving the QuickBooks update error 1328 as soon as possible to continue working on Quickbooks.
Solution 1: Locate the config.msi file
- Right-click on the Start key button
- Then choose the Explore option.
- Double-click on the ‘C’ drive.
- You will have to click on Tools
- And choose Folder.
- Click the View option in the toolbar
- Select the All hidden files as well as folders.
- Now, click Apply, then press the Ok button.
- Operate all necessary system files.
- Make a right-click on config.msi
- Select the Rename option.
- At the end of a filename, add .old
- And click the Enter key.
- Hence, This will hide and protect your operating system files including all necessary hidden files & folders again on your system.
Solution 2: Repair registered tool application.
- It’s important to first run any Registry Repair Tool & repair the damaged Registry Entries that relate to QB.
- Use a malware removal tool to fix any type of malware infection attack from your system, and get rid of all malware from your computer.
- You have to delete all the unwanted or junk files from your system.
- It is also important to uninstall all the out of date PC Device Drivers.
- Restore by selecting Undo through Recent System Changes.
- Moreover, you need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Run Windows System File
- Checker to scan your personal computer for damaged files and repair.
- Now, install all essential Windows Updates.
Solution 3: Repair your Windows Installation Process.
- Log on to Windows as an Administrator.
- Now open your Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features option available there.
- Now, locate QB in the list, choose it, and then click the Uninstall option by selecting the appropriate button.
- When QuickBooks uninstaller appears, choose the Repair option.
- Run QB repair on your system when the repair completes then, you will need to apply the security patch.
Solution 4: QB Reinstall by doing a Clean Setup.
Step 1: Prepare QuickBooks Uninstallation
Step 2: After this, make a clean installation of QuickBooks. To do so, you can select one of the given options that are mentioned here:
- As discussed earlier, the first option is to install QB directly from the CD drive provided.
- A user can install QuickBooks through a downloaded QuickBooks installation file.
- Now, get ready to download or simply install QuickBooks.