Last Updated on July 8, 2020 by Editor Team
To enhance features and services or Quickbooks payroll and desktop intuit regularly release payroll or desktop updates. And to get the latest features you need to download the latest update, but while updating sometime we get an error message “The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated”, “he updates did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.” which in known as QuickBooks Error 15271. And a QuickBooks Error code 15271 restrict us from getting latest release and updates. If you want to fix error code 15271 then read the complete post carefully.
What kind of message appear when you encounter this error
You will able to see only two errors when you encounter this error-
- A document cannot be justified due to incomplete payroll updates.
- A record cannot be approved due to incomplete payroll updates.
Causes of Quickbooks error code 15271
- This issue can arise from Network connectivity issues.
- This error can come due to insufficient storage.
- When your Quickbooks related file mistakenly deleted by another program.
- This error can be occurred due to the corrupt window registry.
- That may be possible your Quickbooks pro related files and programs are infected by virus or malware.
- When you are downloading the new update of payroll and you get a corrupted file.
- When you do not properly install Quickbooks pro.
- Windows User Account Control (UAC) is stoping Quickbooks from installing the new update.
Solutions of Quickbooks error 15271
Solution 1: Update your Quickbooks software
- First click on Help
- Then click on Choose Update Quickbooks.
- After that click on Update Now.
- Then mark the box next to Reset update.
- Then click on Get updates.
- After that close Quickbooks and then reopen it if it is showing Update Complete then restart your computer else click on install update when it is complete then restart your computer.
Solution 2: Turn off User Account Control into your computer system
Most of the time the Quickbooks error 15271 solve by turn off User Account Control. This error occurs because UAC stops to install new updates so simply turn off the UAC by following given steps and update again your QuickBooks.
Solution for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Press Window+R key and type control panel and hit enter.
- Then go inside the Control panel.
- In search box type UAC and press enter.
- After that turn off User Account Control(UAC).
- Click on the Ok button.
- After that, he would ask for confirmation, provide your admin password and restart your computer and update again.
When you have completely turned off UAC then follow these steps-
- Restart your Quickbooks software.
- Then a message appears with this message Quickbooks Update Service and then click on Install Later.
- Then download the new update of Quickbook.
- Then again restart your Quickbooks desktop.
- Then a message appears to Install now, click it and install completely after that reopen your Quickbooks desktop and click on Yes.
- After that Update your payroll tax tables.
Solution 3: Update in window Safe mode
- Restart your computer and continuously press the F8 key.
- Then the Advanced boot options screen appears.
- After that, you have to select Safe Mode with the help of your keyboard and then press the enter button.
- When your window reboots in safe mode then install again payroll update.
Solution 4:Installation of Quickbooks under selective startup mode.
- Press Window + R key from your keyboard and then type “MSConfig” and press the Ok button.
- Then click on General tab> selective startup> Load System Services.
- After that Go to services> hide all Microsoft services> Disable all tab> Uncheck hide all Microsoft services.
- Then Update your payroll.
Solution 5: Still if you are facing the same then you can try these steps.
- Fix your Quickbooks registry entries.
- Scan malware into your computer system.
- Delete your computer’s junk files.
- Update the drivers of your computer system.
- You have to Uninstall and then again install the Quickbooks application.
- Scan your System File Checker.
- Install all the new updates.
By following all the above-mentioned steps and methods you can easily fix QuickBooks Error 15271, but due to any reason if you are unable to fix this error code then instantly find a Quickbooks expert and ask from them what you can do now.