Last Updated on January 27, 2021 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks error 1602 is a common installation error in QuickBooks Desktop. This error code occurs when you trying to install your QuickBooks on the Desktop, and any of the Microsoft components does not synchronize with your outdated OS.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Today in this article, we are going to discuss the detail of QuickBooks error code 1602 like, why this error code occurs, and what are the solutions to fix the problem.
A QuickBooks user can easily identify this error, by its error message ” [file path/name/extension] has failed to installation”. But this error message also can appear in the below-given error code.
During the installation of QuickBooks, you may also get many other installation errors codes, below mentioned many other error codes that you may get while installing Quickbooks.
But don’t worry, you can can ensure the 1602 error code through its reasons
Reasons, Signs, and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 1602
Here we have given some the reasons, signs, and solutions for the error code, have a look:
Causes Behind Error 1602
Many reasons can occur QuickBooks to show errors in 1602. A number of them are given below –
- Destroy the Microsoft component.
- The latest Windows OS has been set up on the Desktop.
- QuickBooks installer file isn’t working or is damaged.
- The error can arise when a customer upgrades the QB version.
- Security software is not allowing the set up of QuickBooks.
- The person is lacking the permissions required for the set up of QuickBooks on windows.
What Affects Error Code 1602 in QuickBooks
This error code affects the QuickBooks in different ways, it may be directly, or indirectly. Have a look, and know , what happened when this error code will appear.
- The customer will not able to set up QuickBooks.
- The system Windows will get hang repeatedly or crash often.
- The Desktop will respond slowly to the user’s inputs.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 1602
Solution 1) Run QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Run the component repair tool by following the below steps:
- In the error window, select ignore and then continue to complete installing QuickBooks.
- Now, no need to open QuickBooks but restart your system.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool then run it.
- Finally, open QuickBooks or see if you can do the work.
Solution 2) Resolve the Windows Component
If QuickBooks errors 1602 was not fixed by using the install Diagnostic tool then, you need to repair unique windows components.
- Resolve the MS.Net Framework and reinstall it.
- Correct the MSXML
Solution 3) Do Some Changes to Windows Account Settings
If one of the above solutions are not work out for you then you need to do some changes to Windows account settings.
- First of all, you have to transfer to the Windows Administrator account.
- Then, visit the file Explorer.
- After then, go to the unusual files under program files in the C drive.
- Do a right-click on common documents.
- From the list, select the properties.
- Then edit in the security tab.
- Visit the section with the name – group or customer’s names – and select the customers.
- Now, look for the sections with the name – Permissions for customers – and turn on the important permissions – modify, read or Execute, List folder contents, Read, Write.
- Choose the apply button and then click the OK.
- Set up QuickBooks. After installation, sign out of the admin account via the start menu.
- After that log in to your ordinary user account.
- In the CMD window, type “net user administrator /active: no” or hit enter. Your admin account turns into a hidden.
- If QuickBooks can be opened with your typical/ordinary account, it means QuickBooks error 1602 fixed.
Solution 4) Add QuickBooks to Bitdefender Exclusion List
You can add the QuickBooks to bitdefender exclusion list to fix this error code.
- If you are the usage of Bitdefender, you then can not solve this error by just disabling it. What you need to do is to add QuickBooks to the exclusion list of the Bitdefender.
- If in case, you’re using a 32-bit Windows OS, then you have to placed C:\Program Files\Common documents in the exclusion list.
- If in case, you are the usage of a 64-bit Windows Operating System, then you have to put C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program documents(x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list.
Solution 5) Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
QuickBooks error 1602 appears on the screen at some stage in the set up of Adobe Flash player, then observe those steps. In this case, you need to uninstall, and reinstall the Adobe flash player, follow the steps for this.
- Download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and run it.
- Search for the ‘Control Panel’ in the search subject.
- Go to the Control Panel then open it.
- Now, visit Uninstall a program.
- In the list of packages, search for Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.
- Then Uninstall it.
- Follow these instructions and let the uninstallation get completed.
- Download Adobe Flash Player and then reinstall it.
Baby Steps, You can Take Before you Proceed for Solutions to fix the Error 1602
Here we have some common and quick steps for the 1602 error code, you can apply these steps before proceeding for the appropriate solutions.
- You can repair registry entries associated with error 1602.
- Perform a complete malware scan.
- Clean up and remove your system junk.
- Update your PC with device drivers.
- Utilize the windows system and restore to undo recent system changes
- Reinstall and uninstall the windows installer program associated with error 1602
- Run the windows system with a file checker
- All install windows will be update
- Perform the clean installation of Windows
With the above-mentioned steps, we hope you have fixed the QuickBooks error 1602, and now you are able to install the QuickBooks on your Desktop. But still, if you find anything wrong or have trouble in installation then you can contact Intuit Quickbooks ProAdvisor, they will fix Quickbooks error 1602 for you or assist you how you can fix it ownself.