Last Updated on by
QuickBooks error 6000 occurs in QuickBooks payroll accounting software for several reasons. When your system encounters this error, you are having trouble accessing the QuickBooks company files. Do not worry and take patience you can fix it manually.
Before fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 you need to know the different reasons due to this error will come. After that, you need to follow the given solution to fix QuickBooks error code 6000.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 and Why it comes?
The error 6000 is related to the QuickBooks payroll software. This will occur when you try to access your Company file. It is a four to eight-digit number error and there is a number of errors in the series 6000, that will come in your system. Some to them QuickBooks 6000 series error occurs in your operating system are 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 82, 6000 83.
Reasons Due to QuickBooks error 6000 Occurs
There are many reasons for this error comes in your system, some of them are listed below: –
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Misconfigure your firewall connection.
- The .TGL file will be corrupted due to the third-party antivirus.
- Permission for access folder will set to deny.
- Your system network connection is not properly setup.
- A different number of users are trying to access the same company file.
- Corrupted Company file due to power loss.
- The server is not hosting the company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 will also come at the time of Restore Backup.
Different Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000
There are various solutions required to solve QuickBooks Error 6000. Try one by one all solutions, if one is not working for you then try another solution. We were sure that your problem will fix and you can access your company information.
Solution 1: Update you QuickBooks Software
- First, close your Company file if opened.
- Now exit to your QuickBooks Software
- Go to your Start menu and Right-Click on the QuickBooks Icon.
- Now click on run as Administrator.
- Click on the Help menu which is located in the toolbar.
- Now select Update QuickBooks on the list.
- Navigate to the options tab and mark all the checkboxes and click on save.
- Switch to the update now tab and reset all updated checkboxes.
- Now select on the get updates button.
When the updates are installed properly, you must restart your computer to completely apply the updates. After restart QuickBooks Error code 6000 will be fixed.
Solution 2: Open a Sample Company File
First, try to open a dummy or Sample company file to check that the problem is with a Company file or a QuickBooks Software. If the same file is open without any error means the problem is with the company file and your needs to repair QuickBooks company files rather than the QuickBooks software. You must read QuickBooks Error 6073 Unable to open Quickbooks company file.
Steps to open sample Company file:-
- Open the Windows start menu.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to open QuickBooks
- Navigate to no company open windows
- Now click on open a sample file from the appeared list.
If the company files open without any error message go to the next solution. Otherwise, you need to clean install QuickBooks accounting Software.
Solution 3: Change the Location of QBs File
- Find the file with the extension of (.QBW) in saved QuickBooks folder
- Click on this file and copy
- Now we paste this copy file on Desktop
- After that, open this file
Solution 4: Restore a Backup Copy of the Company File
We can restore a backup copy of our file to make sure it works smoothly.
- Open the company’s file and find a utility option.
- Click on Utility in the file option.
- Then, on the hosting multi-user access option, if it is stopped.
- Whatever is the path of the company, the company name should not be more than 210 words.
Solution 4: Rename QuickBooks (.ND) and (.TLG) Files
These files are related to the QuickBooks company file. These files are the config file that helps to open QuickBooks files.
The problem or an error message will come when these files are corrupted or damaged. When you delete or renamed these file your company data are not lost. These files created again when you open the QuickBooks company file.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location where your company file is stored.
- You will find the (.ND) and (.TLG) file the same name as your company file.
- Locate that file Rename it by adding .old at the end of the file.
- Now restart your system and try to open QuickBooks company.
Solution 5: Recreate the QBs Damaged Folder
- Create a new folder on C\: drive
- The user requires an open folder where the company files saved
- find the.qbw file
- we have to click on the(.qbw) extension and then copy
- Then we will open a new folder and paste it
- Going forward you need to set the access permissions for windows in order to share company files
- now we should open QuickBooks and open the file from a new location
We hope that these solutions will help you to solve “QuickBooks Error 6000”. Now you can easily access your QuickBooks company file Information. If you getting a problem following these steps then you can take advice to a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for any king of QuickBooks related problem.