Last Updated on December 15, 2020 by Editorial Staff
‘QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user….’
This is the warning message of the QuickBooks -6073-99001 error code. The QuickBooks error 6073, -9901 mainly occurs due to the hosting problem, that directly affects to the QuickBooks company file that’s why, we are not able to open the company files in QuickBooks.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Well, this is not a big problem, but we need to find out the solution to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Here in this blog, we will help you to know the causes, and solutions for this error code. So take a long breath, and start the blog follow these simple steps to fix this error.
QuickBooks -6073-99001 Error Code Reasons & Solutions
You can easily know the reasons for this problem, and also can find out the solution for the QuickBooks error 6073 code. We have described everything in detail, have a look:
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6073 Occurs
QuickBooks error code 6073, -99001 has a lot of reasons to appear. We have listed some of the reasons below. Read all the points, and examine which of the point is the cause of your problem.
- Maybe the particular company file is opened on another computer in single-user mode.
- This will also happen if the file is located in the read-only network folder.
- If the file is hosted in the Linux server, but you are using more than one login credential to the shared folder.
- Your file could be access by using remort software and the system perceives that you logged in.
- Might be network data files are corrupted.
- A renamed data file with a different extension.
So, these were the reasons for this error code. Be aware of this, and don’t make these mistake again, so that you can use the QuickBooks software smoothly, without having any error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073-99001
Here we have given the solutions for the problem, you just need to follow any one of the solutions by determining the reason for the error code QuickBooks -6073-99001. If you can’t find any one of the above reasons, but still you are facing the same problem then try all of the mentioned solutions given below.
Solution 1:- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Follow the procedure to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- First, download QuickBooks tool hub, and install it in a portable place where you can easily access it.
- After opening the tool hub, go to the ‘Company File Issue’ section.
- Click on the run QuickBooks file doctor option.
- Choose the company file from the drop-down option or browse to find out the company file.
- Now, click on the middle Checkbox to your file and then choose the Continue option.
- After that, Enter the admin password of your QB then chooses the Next option.
Solution 2: Turn On Multi-User Mode in all Workstations
Turn on the multi-user mode in all workstations, if the company file is in single user mode, by following the below procedure.
- At first, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop on all computers.
- Then go to the host computer, and open the company file.
- Now from the file menu, select the ‘Switch to Multi-User Mode’ option.
- If still, the error is appearing then reboot all workstations.
Solution 3: Turn On Multi-User Mode on Host System
If your company files open in single-user mode on the host computer then follow the procedure to resolve the problem.
- Open QuickBooks, and visit for the ‘File’ menu.
- Select the ‘Close Company’ option from the ‘file’ menu, and reopen the company file.
- Again from the ‘File’ menu, select the ‘Open or Restore Company’ option.
- Now select the ‘Open a company file’ option, and click the ‘Next’ option.
- Choose the company file, and click on the ‘Open file in multi-user mode’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Open’ option.
Solution 4: Remove the Company File From Read-only Network Folder
If your company files are located in a read-only network older then you can go through this process.
- Go to the computer, where the company files are hosting.
- Open the company file folder, right-click on the folder.
- Select the ‘Properties’ option, and click on the ‘Security Tab’.
- There you have to choose the user, who is getting the issue, then select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Mark on the ‘Allow’ box for full control, apply it and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Solution 5: Run Quick Fix My Program
Lastly, you can run the ‘Quick Fix My Program’ if the computer accessed by remotely via GoToMyPC, LogMeIn and so on.
- From the downloaded tool hub, go to the ‘Program Problems’ section.
- And then select the ‘Quick Fix My Program’ option.
- Start QuickBooks, and open the data file.
At the last, we hope you like the blog, and satisfied with the given solutions to fix the QuickBooks error 6073. Further if in case, you need any help to do this or have some doubts regarding this blog then, you can get our Accountwizy ProAdvisor support to solve your problem immediately.