- November 6, 2019
- Posted by: Luna
- Category: Uncategorized
Today we will discuss Quickbooks error code 6144-82 and it is one of the most occurring errors. You may see this error while opening any company file which is used by another application. This will not allow you to perform any task on your main and other computers. This error can occur due to wrongly configured system settings and any irregularities in the Windows registry. In this article, we will discuss the troubleshooting step and these steps will help you to resolve the Quickbooks error code 6144-82. Whenever this error occurs then Quickbook stops working so we recommend you to solve this error as soon as possible and continue your work. We are going to tell you what kind of step you should take to get rid of this error code.
Symptoms of occurring the error Quickbooks error code 6144-82
- You do not install Quickbook properly.
- You have a wrongly configured system setting and any irregularities in the windows registry.
- Any other program mistakenly removes your important QB file.
- Your window is running slowly.
- When any problem detected then your window shut to prevent any damage to your computer.
- The window of your computer is showing we are sorry for the inconvenience message.
- You are using a corrupt file of the Quickbooks softwareHow to resolve Quickbooks error code 6144-82.
What are the causes of this error
- You do not set up properly your firewall setting.
- This error can be occurred due to damage in yours.TLC (Transaction log file).
- There are possible chances for your Quickbooks.ND (Network Data) files are damaged.
- The user permission is not set up for sharing any company file.
- When you make a change in Quickbooks then it introduces corruption inside the window registry
- Your file is affected by a virus and malware.
- It may be a network issue inside your server, it shows when you encounter Quickbooks error code.
- There are many changes in your hard-disk and the ram not working properly.
A solution to fix Quickbooks error code 6144-82
Solution 1- Change the name of the.ND and.TLG files
- First, open your Quickbooks desktop application.
- After that press F2 from your keyboard.
- Then go inside the File Information.
- Here, you can get access to the location detail of your company file.
- Choose that folder that contains all the company file.
- Then select files that end with.ND and.TLG extensions.
- Right-click the.ND file and rename it and save it with.OLD extension.
- It is similar to the above point.TLG file right-clicks and then rename it also with.OLD extension.
- Now you have to try to open Quickbooks file by providing your login credentials.
- If you do not get the solution of the Quickbooks error code 6144-82 then you move to the next solution.
Solution 2-Granting user permission in the Quickbooks
- Go to your desktop and open Quickbooks software.
- From the upper right menu click the Company.
- After that, go inside the Set Up Users and Roles.
- After that fill the password and you will get access to the information.
- Click on username form the available user list.
- Here you get permission option now you can select user permission according to you.
Solution 3-Windows error repair all in one tool
- Download the window error repair tool from the internet by typing its name.
- After that, run and install this tool by simply click on ok.
- This tool is mostly used to fix these issues.
- Reset Registry Permissions
- Reset File Permissions
- Register System Files
- Repair Windows Firewall
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair Host files
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Repair Windows Updates
- When you have completely installed this tool then open it.
- After that scan, your system and that will help you remove all the issues.
Solution 4-Repairing of your Windows registry
- Click on the Windows start button.
- Into the right corner of the popup window, a small search will appear into this search box type “command”.
- After typing command hold the Ctrl + Shift together and hit the Enter button.
- After that, a popup box will show on your display simply click on the Yes button.
- Then a black color window appears where you can write.
- Now write here “Regedit” and click Enter from the keyboard.
- From the registry editor click on the Quickbooks error code 6144-82.
- Open the File menu and then select Export.
- Choose any folder for taking a backup.
- Click on save > list.
- After that a name for your back up.
- When you have taken backup successfully click on the save button.
- Then click on the save button or save it with .reg extension.
- Here you will get the backup of your Quickbooks related registry entry.
Hopefully, you get a clear idea bout Quickbooks error code 6144-82. This error can occur due to wrongly configured system settings and any irregularities in the Windows registry. One of the most occurring causes is you have a wrongly configured system setting and any irregularities in the windows registry. I have shared with you four solutions Solution 1- Change the name of the.ND and.TLG files, Solution 2-Granting user permission in the Quickbooks, Solution 3-Windows error repair all in one tool, and Solution 4-Repairing of your Windows registry.