Quickbooks error code 6147 is a common error that any user gets when they are trying to open or restore a company file over a network. You will get this if your file is damaged or properly not located. That kind of error code comes in the series of QuickBooks 6000. If you also get Quickbooks error code 6147-0 and want to fix it, then read this post and follow step by step solution by following a step-by-step solution you will easily fix this error code or problems.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Causes of Quickbooks error code 6147-0.
There may be many cases that occurred when you are dealing with Quickbooks error code 6147-0, there is a list of reasons which are given below.
- The first reason behind, the QuickBooks file can be corrupted.
- When you are trying to restore the backup using a network.
- When the name of the backup file is more the 210 characters.
- You have download a corrupted file.
- You do not properly install QuickBooks.
- This error occurs when your window registry is corrupted.
- This may be a possible Virus and Malware infect your system.
- By mistake, you have deleted an important file of QuickBooks.
- If the user named the backup file incorrectly.
- .ND or.TLG extensions are damaged and corrupted.
- You might give an incorrect backup file path.
You can easily find from the above list which problem are you facing and then you can trigger your particular problem.
Other Recommended Articles:QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Password Crack: How To Unlock Company Files & Admin Password
Fix QuickBooks Error 6010- 2, 100 (The Database Server Error)
Symptoms of Quickbooks error code 6147
This are the following list of symptoms of error code 6147-
- When code 6147 appears with a popup window and crashes the active program.
- When your Quickbooks display is showing error code 6147.
- When a problem detects then Windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
- Quickbooks encountered a problem and needs to close and the following error message is displaying on your screen.
- Your window runs very slowly.
- When your computer periodically crashes for a few seconds at a time.
Methods to fix Quickbooks error code 6147
Solution 1- Update new Quickbooks release
Whenever you face this error, check your QuickBooks update that the new release is up-to-date or not. If you don’t have then update your QuickBooks else you can download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool that will fix the damaged company file and the network. Still, you are facing a problem then you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 2 – Rename.ND and.TLG file
- Open your folder which contains your company file.
- Then find the file with the same name as your company file with.ND and .TLG extensions. The syntax of file is given below.
- When you get this file Right-click on these files and Rename with the given below extension.
- Now close your QuickBooks then start again your QuickBooks and sign in to your company file. Still, you are facing a problem then you can move on to the next step.
Solution 3 – Restoring the backup to another location
If you are facing any issues related to your backup file, you can use this solution if your backup file is the host on the network drive then you have to save a copy of the backup file into your local computer system. These are the following steps to restore the backup to another location.
Step 1- Check your system is not hosting on any network. These are the following steps to stop hosting.
- Click on the File menu > select Utilities.
- Then select the option Stop Multi-Users Access.
- Then click on Yes “Stop hosting multi-user access”.
- After that Click on Yes “Company file must be closed option”.
Step 2- Restore your backup file which is saved in your system. Other backups also are restored if it is present.
Step 3- Then you have to check the particular path of the company file which contains less than 210 characters. Let me take an example of fewer than 210 characters.
Path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 2010\Sample_company_file.qbw.
In the above path directory, there are only 125 characters. Still, you are facing the error then you move on to the next solution.
Solution 4- Trend micro antivirus security for your computer system
- Click on the setting of the antivirus. Then click on the ignore path option.
- Then unselect the company file folder from it.
- Open your Quickbooks with holding the Ctrl key simultaneously then you will get to know where your data file is located.
- When you have done these things then Quickbook opens without any company file.
- Then press the F2 key from your keyboard then a window will appear that shows details of your company folder path.
Solution 5- Run the Rebuild Utility
- Open the Quickbooks select Utilities from File menu.
- Select the Rebuilt Data.
- If you get a sign of backup company file then click on OK.
With the above-mentioned point you can easily fix Quickbooks error code 6147-0, but still, anything wrong with you and have trouble with Quickbooks error c6147 then immediately contact Quickbooks Proadvisor for human assistance or help.