Last Updated on July 10, 2020 by Editor Team
If you can not open your QuickBooks company’s file at that time QuickBooks Error Code 6150 occurs on your system, It is very important for you to fix it. If you want to fix this error, you can learn here how to resolve it? When this error occurs on your system at that time a warning message appears on the screen. That message is:
QuickBooks error 6150 may get for the following reasons, such as:
- Damaged QBW or company files.
- When you install corrupt or damage QuickBooks.
- When you try to open a portable file but QuickBooks did not open.
- When you enter the wrong extension of the QuickBooks company file.
- When you delete QuickBooks related files by mistake.
- When QuickBooks company file has entered the virus.
If you are facing this QuickBooks error 6150 then You don’t have to worry, we will provide you the helpful solutions through this blog, with the help of which you can easily solve this QuickBooks error code 6150.
To fix this QuickBooks error 6150, Please pay attention to read this blog and also need to follow the given solution’s steps. These solutions are:
- To Check the virus from the system and clean it
- To Restore the backup company file
- To Use the Auto data recovery
Check the virus from the system & clean it
Generally, viruses can reason for this QB error 6150 and May stop you from opening the QuickBooks. Then Check If There Is A Virus In Your System or not.
For this –
- First of all, open the system then go to the Windows Start Menu and click on it.
- Then Go to the search bar and type File Explorer after that open it.
- Then Search your QuickBooks folder and open it. Mainly, This is located in the C drive of your system.
- After that find that files that have include words like Decrypt or Instructions (.txt or .html).
If you do not see any such file then there is no virus in your system. That means your system is correct
If you see files that means your system has a virus, Then you just need to clean these viruses.
clean the virus from the system
- First of all, Go and check to your system has antivirus, Then Update the antivirus programs just like – Macafee(This is an antivirus program ).
- After the antivirus will activate then you have to scan the system.
- If any viruses or bugs and malware on your system then fix it.
- If your system has no virus or bugs, then apply the other solution to fix this QuickBooks error code 6150.
Restore a backup company file
If you want to restore a backup, just follow the given below steps to restore from the backup QuickBooks company file.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks then open the company files After that go to the open file or restore the company files option and click on it.
- After that mark Restore a backup copy checkbox and press the Next button to go to the next procedure.
- Mark the Local Backup checkbox and hit Next.
- In the next section, select the location of the company file backup through the given drop-down menu box.
- After that select the backup, it necessary to end with .qbb extension.
- After clicking the Next button click on the open button.
- After that go to the Save-in drop-down menu then choose or browse the favorite location to restore the Backup files.
- Then go the file name field, and enter a new Company Filename or check that Save as filed It should automatically save the restored file in .qbw format.
- And click on the yes button.
- Then enter the yes to confirm the overwrite procedure.
If you recently saved the backup of your QuickBooks company file, Then use it and restore your QuickBooks company file to work.
If you do not face this error again, it means that everything is fine. If you again gat this QuickBooks error 6150 in your system then go and follow the next solution to fix it.
Use the Auto data recovery
Auto data recovery is a type of tool. Through this ADR tool, you can repair your QuickBooks company file. Its process is more lengthy and also it takes some days. when the process will take time, that time you can’t use QuickBooks software. During this time, you can note down the accounting changes and insert them later into QuickBooks.