Last Updated on November 20, 2019 by Editor Team
In QuickBooks Script errors are occurs when tasks that process scripts are blocked, or loss of script software and / or data related Generally, QB Script errors are related to Internet Explorer Because by default Quickbooks uses Internet Explorer for the connection with the Internet. In QuickBooks, Script error is one of the most confusing errors Which you can face while opening the QuickBooks company file. Quickbooks does not provide any other information because of a script error and displays an error message. If you got upset this type of script error message so you don’t worry because we will provide some troubleshooting steps through this article. And Using which you can get a fix of such scripting errors in QuickBooks. Script error occurs for the following reasons such as- Configuration of the browser, Internet Explorer is already running, QuickBooks does not sync with the Internet Explorer.
Some Important Notes Before removing QuickBooks Script Error
If you are using Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9 and another version. so Firstly you will Turn off all script error notifications. And To do this follow the given steps that are as below:-
- First of all, Open the Tools menu and go to Internet Explorer.
- If you can’t find the tools menu, so press the ALT key then all hidden menus will appear.
- After that select Internet Options, and select the Advanced tab.
- Then clear the box that contains the display information about each script error.
How To Remove QuickBooks Script errors
If you get an error message when opening QuickBooks software so, it is possible that a webpage issue is preventing you from doing work because QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the default browser. This script error of QuickBooks is not a big deal you can easily fix it.
You are being given some important steps, with the help of you can easily fix the script error. That following step is as below:-
- Add Intuit as a trusted website in Internet Explorer
- Clear Internet Explorer cache Data
- Turn off add-on in Internet Explorer
- Clear SSL Certificate from the Internet Explorer
- Set up Internet Explorer as your default internet browser
Add Intuit as a trusted website in Internet Explorer
- First of all, open the internet explorer and the Settings then go to the Security tab.
- After that Go the Trusted Sites section and add *Intuit.com as a trusted website and go back to the Trusted Sites window.
- Then Go to the unmark Require server verification (https:) option.
- Then Exit the Trusted Sites window and unmark the Enable Protected Mode option.
- And last Exit the Internet Explorer and try to run QuickBooks Desktop again And yet if you get a scripting error in QuickBooks, follow all the troubleshooting steps that are given below.
Clear Internet Explorer cache Data
If An Error Occurs While Exporting So this step needs to be done to solve this QuickBooks script error. And first of all, You must have a 32-bit internet explorer.
- Then next go to the settings of the Internet Explorer then go to the Browsing History section.
- Then Click Delete and select history, cookies, and temporary internet files.
- After that click the Delete.
- Then Click Apply and OK.
Turn off add-on in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools then select Internet Options.
- After that go to the Programs tab, and click Manage Add-ons.
- Then click the add-on and select disable from the bottom of the screen.
- Then Click OK and close the Internet Explorer tab.
Clear SSL Certificate from the Internet Explorer
If An Error Occurs While Importing So this step needs to be done to solve this QuickBooks script error.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top of Internet Explorer and select Internet Options.
- Go to the Content tab/Advanced tab, and click the Clear SSL State button.
- Then click OK.
Set up Internet Explorer as your default internet browser
- Go to the settings of Internet Explorer and go to the Programs tab.
- Then click the Make Default button and checkmark this option that is Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser.
Types OF Script Error In QuickBooks
There are many other types of script errors in QuickBooks.That script errors are:-
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
- QuickBooks Script Error Line O
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
- QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
- Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
- Script Error QuickBooks 2010
- QuickBooks Pro2015 Script Error