Last Updated on January 19, 2021 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks unable to connect to the remote server issue appears when a user tries to access the company file in multi-user mode. This connectivity error occurs because of different reasons. In this article, we will know the details about the issue like what are the reasons behind the error, and how to fix the issue in a short time.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Variation of QuickBooks Connectivity Server Issue
- Can’t talk with QuickBooks server.
- QuickBooks Desktop unable to connect to the remote server.
- QuickBooks server and workstation communication issues.
- Why QuickBooks Cannot Connect to the Remote Server
- How to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Connect to the Remove Server Issue
- What is the Alternative of QuickBooks Multi-User
- The End Line
Why QuickBooks Cannot Connect to the Remote Server
QuickBooks cannot connect to the remote server, mainly because of the firewall issue. If we go to the deep then, there is more than one reason for this QuickBooks connectivity error. Let’s see ‘How?’.
When we use QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode through a local area network, the other users connected to the QuickBooks database server manager through a hardware system through the particular network. It is ok, if the users are using the same network in a local area. But it will create problems when, the users are located at different locations in the same network. At that time, you can only access the company file in single-user mode.
Primary Reasons for the Remote Server Issue
- Maybe the server connection has been lost, or not set up properly.
- The bad condition of the server is one of the main reasons for the improper running of the database server manager.
- The firewall may be installed in the same local network.
- If there is any issue with QuickBooks report or permissions.
- If there isn’t always a proper installation of the QuickBooks server.
- Whilst the local location network isn’t in the active state.
- If there’s a halt in the connection of the QuickBooks server.
- If the model of QuickBooks is outdated.
How to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Connect to the Remove Server Issue
Here, we have given the effective solutions for the QuickBooks connectivity error, all of the solutions are proven, and experienced by our QuickBooks technical members.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Released Version
- Open your QuickBooks, click on the Help menu then click on update QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, click on the options tab & choose Mark All choice.
- Click on the ‘Update Now’ option & wait for the complete updates.
- When you are done with updates, close your QuickBooks, and restart the computers.
Solution 2: Verify the Webmail Alternatives
- First, go to the Edit menu & select on the alternatives.
- Now select to send forms
- Now you need to view My options and select the e-mail account which you use & click on edit
- update the SMTP & save it.
Solution 3: Rename the .ND File
- First close to your QuickBooks, now open your report location.
- ND (network data) document.
- Now, choose file & press F2 for renaming.
- Attach OLD before the file name & press enter.
Solution 4: Organize QuickBooks Database Server manager
- At the Window Key, type QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open QB Database Server Manager, and remove pre-existing folders
- Now upload the QuickBooks company file Folder in the database manager.
- Scan the Folder & make the notes of the errors in QuickBooks DB server manager.
Solution 5: Validate QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting
Sometimes, the hosting services do conflict among the QuickBooks Server and its workstations. To eliminate this trouble you need to go the following steps:
- Turn off hosting on all workstations
- Visit the QuickBooks file menu and pick choose the Utilities.
- Now, select stop hosting mostly user Access.
- In case you see Host Multi-user access instead of stop hosting Multi-user access then confirm it by using press “yes”.
- Turn on hosting at the server Desktop
- Press the Windows Key and Type windows task manager and click Enter.
- Click on the more details of the task manager windows.
- Now, choose the services Tab and place QBDBMgrN.exe.
- Press Windows + R to confirm the file.
- Open Run box type services.msc.
- Now, you have to press the letter Q till you find QBDBMgrN.exe.
- At last, you want to start the service and choose the automated start option.
Solution 6: Reset Internet Settings to Default
- In Internet Explorer, click on the tools menu Alt + T.
- Now choose net options.
- Click on the advanced tab & select restore advanced Settings
- Press OK and close your browser.
What is the Alternative of QuickBooks Multi-User
The QuickBooks server connectivity error will appear whenever you try to use the multi-user mode in the same network. So it will be good to have an idea of an alternative to QuickBooks multi-user. You can use the QuickBooks remote access tool for the alternative of QuickBooks multi-user.
Through the remote access tool, you can access any company file from one place to another place any data file. It is totally your choice to choose the remote access option as the alternative of multi-user.
The End Line
Hope, now you are able to connect QuickBooks to the remote server. Still, if you have any kind of error to fix the problem then, you can ask for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get the effective, and relevancy solution to the problem.