QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software that helps users to maintain all flawless accounting solutions. However, we all know that every software has its own limitations and issues. Typically, users encounter a QuickBooks update error 15106 at the time of updating their software. And sometimes this error also occurs when users perform the best practices of bookkeeping and payroll. If you are also facing that kind of error then you will get the perfect solution here.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Quickbooks Error 15106: Overview
Quickbook always encourages its users just because of its outstanding features and quick response. Before knowing about the QuickBooks Errors 15106 solution, users should be aware of this error nature. This is not a major issue in your software, it’s just a payroll update error that you will face at the time of updation. Users can also face QuickBooks Error 15106 in all versions of their QuickBooks desktop through an alert message.
Various Reason Of Quickbooks Update Error 15106
Users face Quickbooks Update Error 15106 due to a couple of reasons and they will get the message like – “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “Error 15106: The update program is damaged. Here we discuss some reasons why these messages pop up on the screen.
- Sometimes you’re already installed antivirus firewall blocking to install the latest QuickBooks update.
- You are logged in as a different user and you don’t have the admin authorities.
- In certain cases, UAC settings can also be an issue.
- Due to the presence of Spy Sweeper in the webroot antivirus software.
- Already Damaged update program can also be the reason for this error.
Other Recommended Articles:Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 & 816 (The Company File Issue)
QuickBooks Search Not Working
QuickBooks Pro Plus 2022: Features, Plans & Pricing
Easiest Way to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Here you can see some simple steps which help you to resolve this issue, These step-by-step instructions help you to get a quick solution.
STEP 1: First of all make sure you’re logged in as an Administrator in your system
- You have to press the Windows + R key from the keyboard at the same time and You will see a Run box pop up on your screen.
- Type Control Panel or Control into the Run box and then click on the Ok button.
- Now click on the User Accounts > User Accounts
- In the Users Accounts, you should check your name on the right side. Which will help you to know you are logged in as an Admin or not. You can check it’ll show you the Administrator below to your name.
In case you are already entered as an Administrator
- First, close your running QuickBooks Desktop app.
- Then you need to right-click on QuickBooks Desktop Icon and select Run as administrator.
- Now you’re able to make all the changes in your QuickBooks as all Admin rights.
STEP 2: Disable or uninstall your already installed Antivirus and Rename folders
We know it’s difficult to use your system without antivirus but you need to disable your antivirus for a temporary period of time. This helps you to prevent your system from the QuickBooks update error 15106.
- Click on the Windows Notification Area on your screen right-hand corner.
- Here you can see your antivirus logo so right-click on it and make it temporarily disable.
- Unable to find out then you can also take suggestions from your antivirus service provider.
- After that, you are able to reinstall QuickBooks update.
When you disable your antivirus and it’s working then that is great for you but if not then you need to completely uninstall it. Here you can see the following steps:
- Press Window + R key simultaneously and a Run box will pop out.
- Type appwiz.cpl in that box and then click on OK.
- You can see your program list so click on your antivirus and click Uninstall
- Wait for a while to uninstall
After that, you have to rename your QuickBooks update folder for further process
- Press your keyboard Window + E keys together.
- Now navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)\Components
- After that look for DownloadQB(version) and right-click on it. Quickbooks have many versions for eg: DownloadQB29 stands for QuickBooks Desktop 2019.
- Choose that folder and Rename it.
- Please put .old at the end of the name. For Eg: Download(version).old.
Hope so if followed above two steps may you not face QuickBooks update error 15106. Unfortunately, if you are still facing the same then please follow the below steps too
STEP3: You Need To Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows + R key together to get a Run box pop up.
- Type Control Panel or Control in the Run Box and click OK.
- Navigate to System and Security > Security and Maintenance section.
- When you enter the Security, find out the User Account Control.
- Click on Change settings for any changes.
- Now you are redirected to the different page and then click OK.
- If UAC prompts you, click Yes
STEP 4: Need To Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
In case you are going to uninstall QuickBooks desktop you should make sure you have your license and product number. However, you reinstall your quick book applications again in your system then you need to put the original product key.
- Press Window + R keys simultaneously and a Run box will pop up.
- Put appwiz.cpl in the text box and then click OK.
- Checkout QuickBooks Desktop in the program list and click uninstall.
- You need to wait for the uninstall program.
Here in this blog, we discuss all the Quickbooks Update Error 15106 and how it works. You can also know about the different reasons for showing this error. When this error occurs in the user system then they are not able to operate this software smoothly. We hope these methods will help you to troubleshoot the error easily. Just follow the procedures and keep away from the error.