Last Updated on February 16, 2021 by Editorial Staff
QuickBooks Payroll presents the information related to your’s company employees and payroll charges. The summary report allows the users to check for the Payroll Summary report. This helps you to check the current pays for a month, half or a full year to the government for tax on pays. On this document, the dates will draw up by using paycheck dates most effective, not pay period dates.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
What is the QuickBooks Payroll Summary Document
The Payroll summary report is a fast way to see the payroll totals by an employee for a selected amount of time. This report suggests the payroll matters with a subtotal for net bills, and all of the company payroll taxes are shown by the employee. A payroll summary reports a collection of employee’s profits, a list of your current employees, a paid day without work balances, and much more. It can be generated for anyone’s duration range.
What Does a Payroll Summary Report Consist of:
Its consist of followings objects,
- Worker vacation and sick time
- Worker, Taxes modifications and wages
- Taxes and contributions and taxes.
- Net Pay of Employees
In these types of reports, Gross pay indicates the fee and other bonuses. When we lower any pre-tax deductions like a contribution by means of a worker towards 401(k) plan the quantity is called Adjusted Gross pay. Furthermore, the net pay is the amount which an employee obtained after taxes and all different after-tax changes (like loan repayment and travel expense reimbursement),
To Create a Payroll summary report:
- At first login to QuickBooks payroll service.
- Set a date range.
- Choose Refresh.
- Remove the Hours/charge columns-
- Select the ‘customize file’ option
- After that, go to the show tab, and select the ‘Hours/rate’ checkbox.
- Lastly, click the OK option.
- Under the Filters tab, you can also upload pay periods.
- Select the Print > file to print the Payroll summary.
To run a report for a specific employee:
- Select employees to open the employee Center/Centre.
- Pick the worker you need to run the report, on the left side.
- Select the report you would really like to run, in the upper right corner:
- quick file
- Payroll summary
- Paid time off
- Payroll Transaction Detail
- Enter the dates you need.
- If you think the printer needs the change then change the setting, and click the ‘Print’ option.
To Modify the Payroll Summary Report:
If you want to make some changes on the payroll summary report then, follow the procedure
- First, visit the ‘Menu’ tab, and select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Adjust the parameter, and click ‘Run Record’ to view it again.
To Print the Payroll Summary File:
- Visit the ‘Menu’ bar, and select the ‘Print’ option.
- Before printing the file, you can check the preview of the file through the ‘Print Preview’ option.
- Go to the ‘Page Set Up’, and set the margin, and the size of the page, and click the ‘print’ option to get the printout.
Procedure to Export the Payroll Summary File to Excel:
Follow the procedure to export the payroll summary file to excel:
- Go to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘ Excel’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Create New worksheet’ option or the ‘Update’ option for the existing worksheet.
- If you are choosing the ‘Update’ option then browse the workbook.
- Visit to the ‘Advanced’ menu, and clear the distance between the columns checkbox.
- Click ‘Ok’, and then ‘Export’.