The QuickBooks Web Connector is an application that enables web services to exchange the data with QB Desktop products. Your web service is deployed in a web server, which can be hosted locally or by a web hosting service. Web Connector is installed on the same machine as QuickBooks (or as a minimum at the same local network).
The QBWC is ago-between software that supports passing qbXML and qbposXML among a web-based application and QuickBooks or QuickBooks Point of Sale. Due to the fact, all communication is initiated through the web Connector running on the same system like QuickBooks, there’s no need to open firewall ports.
For a web service to integrate with web Connector, it needs to implement a fixed of methods that might be defined in QB web Connector WSDL, those techniques allow the web service to talk with the web Connector using the same qbXML that the desktop SDK and POS SDK use.
Adding a new web service to the list of web services that QBWC can communicate with is as easy for the user as downloading a record. (files with a. Qwc extension are XML documents they describe a web service designed to interact with QuickBooks and are opened automatically by the QBWC.) users of Quicken’s online banking features will immediately understand the user interface because it was based on the Quicken One Step update features.
Communication with web services may be automatically scheduled or definitely be initiated at the user’s convenience.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
- A way to install QB Web Connector
A way to install QB Web Connector
- Download the installer of QB Web Connector.
- Unzip the downloaded installer and run the.exe file.
- Follow the prompts to finish the setup.
QuickBooks products supported by web Connector
- U.S. Variants of QuickBooks financial software products
- QuickBooks Enterprise solutions
- QB premier (2002 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro (2002 or later)
- QuickBooks simple start (2006 or later)
- Canadian versions of QuickBooks Pro, premier or enterprise (2003 or later)
- Uk editions of QuickBooks pro or Accountant version (2003 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later) – QBWC 2.1.Zero.30 or earlier
QB web Connector 2.1.Zero.30 and older versions best support up to TLS 1.0.
QB web Connector 22.214.171.124 and newer versions will only work with the following variations of QuickBooks:
- U.S. Variants of QuickBooks Financial Software Products
- QuickBooks enterprise solutions (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks premiere (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro (2015 or later)
- Canadian variants of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
QuickBooks web Connector 126.96.36.199 & newer versions support TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
An installer for the QB web Connector software is available to all as a free download as described below. Developers may additionally refer their customers to this web page for downloads or redistribute the installer to their clients.
For technical information on the QuickBooks, web Connector sees the QB web Connector Programmer’s manual. You can additionally find the Programmer’s guide in the desktop SDK installation, in QBSDK13.0/document/pdf/QBWC_ProGuide.Pdf.
The QB Web Connector can be used with any QuickBooks Desktop product supported through the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK, including:
- U.S. Versions of QuickBooks financial software product
- QB Desktop Enterprise
- QuickBooks Desktop premier (2016 or later)
- QuickBooks Desktop pro (2016 or later)
- U.S. QuickBooks Point of Sale (v13.0 or later)
- The Canadian edition of QuickBooks pro, premier or Enterprise (2016 or later)
- UK variants of QuickBooks pro or Accountant edition (2016 or later)
A way to uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector
- In your keyboard, press windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type in control & click OK to open the control panel.
- Click Uninstall an application.
- Select web Connector & click Uninstall. If you can not locate QB Web Connector in control panel, delete the QBWebconnector folder in the following location:C:\Program Files(x86) common FilesIntuitQuickBooks or C:application FilesCommon FilesIntuitQuickBooks
The way to add an application to Web Connector
- On your web Connector, click adds an application.
- Browse to the third-party software’s.QWC file.REMINDER: The .Qwc report can be provided to you by the third-birthday party web software provider. This record should be downloaded on your computer.
- Choose.QWC file & click Open.
A way to prevent QuickBooks Web Connector from opening when starting the computer
In case you aren’t the use of web Connector, you can remove it from the windows Startup institution to prevent it from running every time you start your computer. Remember that removing the shortcut from a startup can also disable any application that makes use of a web connector to communicate with QuickBooks.
- Open the startup folder.
- Windows 10 and 8
- On your keyboard, press windows+R and then an open Run window.
- Type in a shell: startup & click OK.
- Windows 7
- Click on the windows start button & click on All programs/application.
- From the applications list, select Startup.
- When prompted to verify Shortcut Delete, click on Delete Shortcut.
- Right-click on QuickBooks internet Connector and choose Delete.
If an error occurs after the installation of QuickBooks web connector?
Sometimes we get hassles after installing the web connector in the server, and it is necessary to fix it. To fix this problem, You can uninstall the web connector and reinstall it again.Let’s know how to do it?
- Press and hold the ‘Windows +R’ key simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Run window will appear in your screen, enter or type ‘control panel in the run window, and hit the ‘Ok’ button.
- After that click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ option, and select the ‘Web Connector’.
- Now you can choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- If in case you are unable to find the QuickBooks web connector in control panel, then delete the folder of QBWebconnector from the location ‘C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\’ or from the ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\’
Some common errors, which may create problems during the use of web connector:
QBWC1005: This is an error code that may create a problem during the time of creating a file, that means, it will occur when the web connector can’t create a needed work file.
QBWC1006: You will be unable to run the web connector. If this error code occurring on your screen, because this error code wants to show you that the web connector is unable to find the QWCLog.txt file.
QBWC1007, 1008, 1009: These error codes generally appear in web connector whenever QuickBooks is not working properly, any company is not opened in it, and when a window prevent the connection.
QBWC1011: Whenever an application name doesn’t exist in registry, then it is confirmed that the app was not installed properly in your system.
QBWC1016: This error code shows that there was no application selected for update, and this generally happens due to the unselect of applications to update during the web connector update selection.
QBWC1018: If in case, you clicked on the ‘Select All’ option, and you found there are no applications in the web connector, then you may face this error code QBWC1018.
QBWC1019: This error occurs due to the exact opposite reason of the QBWC1018. That means, there are no applications available in the web connector and you selected the select ‘None’.
QBWC1020: This error generally occurs due to the forcefully closing of the web connector having scheduled updates
QBWC1022, 1023, 1024: Whenever the QuickBooks will not running properly, and the no QuickBooks company file is opened, in that time these kinds of error will appear in the QuickBooks web connector.
QBWC1030: If you are trying to sync the app and not yet set up the password then this error code will appear in web connector.
QBWC1032: This error will appear when you unable to find the application in the registry to complete the scheduled update.
QBWC1033: You will get this error code when the QuickBooks web connector failed to initialize the QWCLog.txt file, and unable to run.