QuickBooks web connector is one of the best tools of QuickBooks which enable the users to connect the third-party applications to QuickBooks Desktop. This web service is deployed in a web server, which can be hosted locally or by a web hosting service. Web Connector is installed on the same machine as QuickBooks (or as a minimum at the same local network). Today, in this blog, we are going to know about the connector deeply.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
QuickBooks Web Connector: Let’s Started It
The QBWC is ago-between software that supports passing qbXML and qbposXML among a web-based application and QuickBooks or QuickBooks Point of Sale. Due to the fact, all communication is initiated through the web Connector running on the same system like QuickBooks, there’s no need to open firewall ports.
For a web service to integrate with a web connector, it needs to implement a fixed of methods that might be defined in QB web Connector WSDL, those techniques allow the web service to talk with the web connector using the same qbXML that the desktop SDK and POS SDK use.
Adding a new web service to the list of web services that QBWC can communicate with is as easy for the user as downloading a record. (files with a. Qwc extension are XML documents that describe a web service designed to interact with QuickBooks and are opened automatically by the QBWC.) users of Quicken’s online banking features will immediately understand the user interface because it was based on the Quicken One Step update features.
Communication with web services may be automatically scheduled or definitely be initiated at the user’s convenience.
Other Recommended Articles:How To Resolve Quickbooks Unable To Sync Licence Issues
How To Create & Modify The QuickBooks Scheduled Reports
How to resolve Quickbooks error 2000
Procedure to Download & Install QuickBooks Web Connector
Follow the procedure to download, and install the QuickBooks web connector.
- First download the QuickBooks web connector.
- After that right-click on the installer download and click on the ‘Extract All’ option.
- In the extracted folder, right-click on the .exe file and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts instructions to complete the installation.
Here, we have given the direct link to download, and install the web connector according to the version with the disk size.
|QuickBooks Web Connector Versions||Link to Download & Install||Disk Size|
|Version 188.8.131.52||Download||75.9 MB (79,640,054 bytes)|
|Version 184.108.40.206||Download||75.9 MB (79,605,760 bytes)|
|Version 220.127.116.11||Download||75.7 MB (79,446,404 bytes)|
|Version 18.104.22.168||Download||79.8 MB (83,754,544 bytes)|
|Version 22.214.171.124||This version is removed.||–|
|Version 126.96.36.199||Download||80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)|
|Version 188.8.131.52||Download||80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)|
|Version 184.108.40.206||This version is removed because of the signed certificate issue.||–|
|Version 220.127.116.11||Download||77.9 MB (81,743,872 bytes)|
|Version 18.104.22.168||Download||12.6 MB (13,231,104 bytes)|
|Version 22.214.171.124||Download||12.4 MB (13,058,048 bytes)|
Steps to Add an Application to Web Connector
After installing the web connector, you can add an application to the web connector. Follow the below procedure, if you want to add any application to it:
- Open ‘QuickBooks’ and go for the ‘File’ menu to select the ‘Update Web Services’ option.
- From the web connector window, select the ‘Add Application’ option.
- Then, browse for the .qwc file, select that file, and open it.
Procedure to Uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector
Sometimes, we are unable to run the web connector after the complete installation. At that time, there is one solution to do, and that is; uninstall and reinstall of QuickBooks web connector. Follow the procedure to uninstall the installer, and again reinstall it.
- First of all, you need to open the run command window by pressing the ‘Windows + R’ key from the keyboard.
- Enter ‘Control panel’ in the ‘Run Window’, and click the ‘Ok’ option.
- In the next step, select the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- After that, you can see an option of ‘Web connector’ just click on it, and ten uninstall it.
- If in case, you are unable to find out the QuickBooks web connector in the C-panel then go to one of the locations, which are given in the below, and delete the web connector file.
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or,
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
Prevent QuickBooks Web Connector from Opening when Starting the Computer
In case you aren’t the use of web Connector, you can remove it from the windows Startup institution to prevent it from running every time you start your computer. Remember that removing the shortcut from a startup can also disable any application that makes use of a web connector to communicate with QuickBooks.
- Open the startup folder.
- Windows 10 and 8
- On your keyboard, press windows+R and then an open Run window.
- Type in a shell: startup & click OK.
- Windows 7
- Click on the windows start button & click on All programs/application.
- From the applications list, select Startup.
- Windows 10 and 8
- When prompted to verify Shortcut Delete, click on Delete Shortcut.
- Right-click on QuickBooks internet connector and choose Delete.
Errors that Make Trouble For You to Use The QuickBooks Web Connector
Here we have listed some of the error codes, which may create problems while using the web connector for accounting use.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1005
Problem: The QuickBooks web connector failed to run.
Cause: It happens, if the web connector can’t create a file when it needs to work.
Solution: You need to set up accurate access for the Windows login.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1006
Problem: Web connector is failed to run.
Cause: When the web connector, can’t find the needed file that you to work, it occurs.
Solution: To solve this problem, you need to correct the permission of QWCLog.txt file. And here is the procedure to set up the permission for the .txt file.
- Open the ‘File Explorer’ in your Windows, and search for the ‘C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory’ location to find the QWCLog.txt file.
- Make sure that the file is not write-protected.
- Then open the web connector, and check that the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1006 is gone or not.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1007, 1008, 1009
Problem: The web connector is not connecting to QuickBooks.
Cause: There is more than one reason for this error code. The first reason is the improper running of QuickBooks, the second reason is not opening of the company file, and the final reason may be an open Windows is preventing the connection between web connector, and QuickBooks.
Solution: Here you can do one thing, for this error by following the below procedure:
- If you are currently opened the QuickBooks then, exit it, and again reopen it.
- Login to your QuickBooks company file, and ensure about that there are no other windows open in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1011
Problem: The application name doesn’t exist in the registry report.
Cause: Generally, this problem occurs, when the application, didn’t install correctly on your computer.
Solution: You can do two things, one is close any open Windows in your web connector, and the second one is existing, and reopening of web connector.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1016
Problem: No application was selected for the update.
Cause: It may occur due to a small mistake. Whenever you update any application in a web connector, you may not first select the applications to update.
Solution: Go to the application, and select the application that you want to update. After that, click on the ‘Update Selected’ option.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1018
Problem: Application are not displaying to select at this time
Cause: This error code appears at the time when there are no applications to select, but you have selected the option of ‘Select All’.
Solution: There is two solutions for your problem, and they are adding of application in web connector, and the second one is the preparation of applications.QWC file. if you haven’t the file then get it from your application provider.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1019
Problem: There is no application available to un-select at this time.
Cause: This error code appears at the time when there is no application in the connector, but you have selected the option of the ‘Select None’ option.
Solution: There is two solutions for your problem, and they are adding application in web connector, and the second one is the preparation of applications.QWC file. if you haven’t the file then get it from your application provider.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1020
Problem: Web connector is unable to run the scheduled job if a user exists.
Cause: The main reason for this error is you are trying to exist the scheduled update of the web connector.
Solution: There is one solution for this problem, and that is you have to turn off all the QuickBooks web connector autorun processes. Follow the procedure to autorun it.
- Don’t exist the web connector, if you opened it.
- In the auto-run section, uncheck all the boxes, and click on the ‘Exit’ option.
- lastly, click the ‘Yes’ option on the error message.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1022, 1023, 1024
Problem: Connection is not proper.
Cause: As we discussed above, the causes of QBWC1007, 1008, 1009 QuickBooks error codes are also the same in this. The first reason is the improper running of QuickBooks, the second reason is not opening of the company file, and the final reason may be an open Windows is preventing the connection between web connector, and QuickBooks.
Solution: Solutions are also the same as with the QuickBooks error QBWC1007, 1008, 1009. Exist, and reopen the QuickBooks, log into the company file, and close all the windows in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1030
Problem: Password is not available for application.
Cause: When a user try to get into the application in a legal procedure but the password is not set up yet.
Solution: Set up the application’s password first. But yes, do it before syncing it with the QuickBooks, or before getting the update of applications. If in case, you are unable to set up your application’s password then you can contact the support team member of the particular application.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1032
Problem: Invisible of application in registry to complete the scheduled update.
Cause: When application is not available in the web connector during the scheduled update.
Solution: There are three solutions available for this problem, and they are;
- Turn-off all the auto-run program, and exist.
- Reopen the web connector.
- Remove, and again add the application
- Get the .QWC file of the application first.
- Then find the application that you want to remove from the web service applications list.
- Select the checkbox, and click on the ‘remove’ option.
- And lastly, add the removed application by using the .QWC file.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1033
Problem: the connector failed to initialize the QWCLog.txt file, and not running.
Cause: maybe the file doesn’t exist, and the hard drive is full.
Solution: Sign in to your system as an admin, and set up the web connector.
QuickBooks Error QBWC1038
Problem: User canceled from master key input.
Cause: Generally, it occurs when a user puts the incorrect password or ignored the password when the QuickBooks or the application asked for the password by closing the window.
Solution: Reset the password.
- Contact with the application’s support for the password issue.
- After getting the new password, set it up in the web connector.
The End Line
So, this was the article, hope you like it. Now we think, you can add or sync any application through the QuickBooks web connector to QuickBooks without any problem. Still, if in case you face any problems or any doubts regarding this article then you can get our ProAdvisor support for the instant and best solution.