Last Updated on February 22, 2021 by Editor Team
Want to update your old or current QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version to the latest 20.0 version? If so, you are in the right platform, here you will get the procedure to update QuickBooks Enterprise to the latest version. You must stay connected with us to get the full guidance, this will be very informative for you. Hurry up, and start the blog.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Steps to Update QuickBooks Enterprise
The updating procedure of QuickBooks Enterprise, can be completed in 3 steps. You just need to follow the procedure carefully.
Step 1: Make Ready your Company File to Update
The very first step is to make ready the company file to update, here is the procedure, by which you can ready your company file to update QuickBooks Enterprise. But before that, install the newest version of Enterprise, and ensure that, the company file doesn’t have any data damage.
- Login to your QuickBooks account as the admin, and go for the ‘Company’ menu.
- Select the ‘Edit the Admin User’ option from the ‘Users’ sub-tab.
- Make sure that, you have removed the special characters ( :,&, ) from the name of the company file, and the extension is .qbw.
- Exist the file, and restart the QuickBooks again.
- Select the ‘Close All’ option from the Window menu.
- And select the ‘Utilities’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Lastly, click the ‘Verify Data’ option.
Once the data verified, you can see a message ‘QuickBooks Detected no problems with your data file’. Apart from this message, if you get any other message then, you can follow the on-screen instructions to fix the problem, after fixing it verify the data again. Once all the problems shut out, you can install the QuickBooks Enterprise.
Step 2: Install the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Version
In the second step, you have to install the QuickBooks Desktop version. But before that, ensure that, you have you have to ensure that, you have downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- At first close all the running programs, and open the downloaded enterprise file.
- Click the ‘Server Install’ option, and then the ‘Database Server and QuickBooks Application’.
- Install the update over your previous version, if you have server only install. Instead that, you can full program install.
- Install over the previous version, if you have the full program with the QuickBooks database manager on your computer. It allows you to use the both.
- Complete the installation process, by following the on-screen instructions. If in case, you get an error message during this process then reboot your system, or try to install it again.
- Now open the company file in the new QuickBooks version.
- Sign in as the admin to the company file. QuickBooks will create back up for the file before updating it.
- It will open, once the company files update.
Steps to Uninstall Old QuickBooks Version
Now you can uninstall the old QuickBooks version, once the installation process of new version complete.ollow the below steps to uninstall the old version.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button of the Windows.
- Go to the ‘Settings’, and select the ‘Control Panel’ option from the list.
- Click on the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ option.
- Now you can locate the old QuickBooks version, and click the ‘Uninstall/ Change’ option.
- At last, follow the onscreen instructions.
Step 3: Configure the Server and Network Settings
After the complete installation of the new version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, configure the server and network settings.
- Go to your Windows start button, and select the ‘Programs’ option.
- There you can select the ‘QuickBooks’ option, and then the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ option.
- Scan the Folder, and add the folder, where you store your company file.
- Again scan the folder. After that, you can see the company file at the bottom of the window.
- Lastly, close the ‘QuickBooks Database Manager’ option.
Step 4: Install the Latest Downloaded Version on your Workstations
This is the last step to complete the update process. But you should keep some points in your mind before installing the latest downloaded version on your workstation.
- You can’t able to open the company file once it updates, if a workstation is using an older version.
- Check all the workstations are using the same version.
If the above points are perfectly done then, proceed for the Procedure.
Steps to Uninstall the Current version of Enterprise
Uninstall the current version of Enterprise, by following the below steps:
- Go to the ‘Start’ button of the Windows, and select the ‘Settings’ option.
- After that, go for the ‘Control Panel’ and choose the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ option.
- Locate the old QuickBooks version, and select the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions.
Download the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Version
If you have not downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise then, download it.
Steps to Install the Latest QuickBooks Enterprise Version to Workstations
Follow the steps to install the latest enterprise version to workstations:
- If you are running any program in your background then, close all the running programs, also the anti-virus program.
- Open the downloaded enterprise file by double-clicking on it.
- After that, click on the ‘Server Install’ option and then the ‘database Server and QuickBooks Application’ option.
- In the next step, select the ‘Express’ option. And if you select the ‘Select the custom and Network’ option then, ensure to select the ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer…..different computer’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions till the installation process is done.
- Now you can open your company file in the new QuickBooks version.
- Log in to the company file as an admin.
- QuickBooks will back up the file before updating it. After the complete update of the company file, it will open automatically.
Hopefully, you have successfully completed the procedure to update QuickBooks Enterprise.
The End Line
So here was the article to update QuickBooks Enterprise, we tried our best to put information in it. Hope you like this blog, and now you are able to update the enterprise to the latest version. Further, if you have any doubts or have any problem then, you can get our ProAdvisor support for the instant response.