Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by Editorial Staff
As everyone knows, QuickBooks Online is the second version of QuickBooks Desktop, which can be accessed in web browsers on any device and from any location. But sometimes due to some unconditional situations, QuickBooks Online runs slowly, and the users face QBO login problems while they trying to access the web. So today, in this article, we have the answer to your question that, why is QuickBooks Online so slow, and what are the solution to your problem.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
How QuickBooks Online Perform
QuickBooks Online regularly monitor by the QuickBooks developers in order to make it faster on the web browser. And it has been noted that QuickBooks Online’s every page’s loading time is less than 10 sec. So there is no chance of a slow QuickBooks web application. But yet if you face the slow performance of QuickBooks Online. Then you must check your computer system.
Because if your system is outdated, means your system should have at least a dual-core processor and above. Or your system must update your java kit & web browser updated. So if your CPU has powerful components like processor and RAM. The QuickBooks Online always perform its work through some specific system requirements, let’s check what kind of requirements needed for the QuickBooks Online.
System Requirements For QuickBooks Online
Here we have given the system requirements for both computer user and mobile users. Have a look;
For System User
If you are accessing QuickBooks Online in a system or computer then, here you go for the needed requirements.
For Windows User
- Intel Core i5
- Windows 7, or the newer version
- 4 GB RAM
- 3Mbps or higher Mbps internet connection is needed
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge are supported browsers for QuickBooks Online.
For Mac User
- OS XPanther, 10.13, or the newer version
- OS X “El Capitan” 10.11 or newer (for the minimum requirement)
- 1.5 Mbps (minimum) or the 3 Mbps internet connection
- Safari 11 is the supported browser for QuickBooks Online
For Mobile User
If you want to use the QuickBooks with your QuickBooks Online account in mobile then check all the requirements, which are given in the below.
For iPhone/iPad user
- Supported browser is Safari. You can also use the Dolphin, and Chrome but, these are not official support.
- Off the Private mode of safari to allow cookies.
- OS 11.1 or the new released version is also needed.
For Tablet & Android
- Chrome browser is supported for these
- Firefox, Opera, and etc may work for QuickBooks Online but, they are not officially.
- Nougat 7.1.1 or the new released version are supported
How To Run QuickBooks Online Faster than Before
As you have seen system requirement is most important for running smooth QuickBooks Online. But you met all requirements of QuickBooks Online. And still face the slow running issues. Then follow the below steps.
Technique 1: Run QuickBooks Online in Chrome
Normally QuickBooks Online access in chrome easily. No doubt the other operating systems also allow the QuickBooks to access online, but specially the Chrome browser is recommended by Intuit.
And if you currently using Chrome for QuickBooks Online login then make sure that, your using the latest released version of Chrome. To check that, you can follow the below procedure:
- Open Google Chrome, and click on the three dot icon, which is symbolized in the right corner of the browser.
- Then from the list, click on the ‘Help’ option, and then the ‘About Google Chrome’ option.
- Now in this page, you can verify that, which chrome version you are using.
Technique 2: Check the Operating System
Always check your operating system, that is up to date, and you meet all the QuickBooks Online system requirements.
If your system is not up to date the please make it up to date, and recheck that the QuickBooks Online is still running slowly or normally.
Technique 3: Verify the Internet Speed
Must check your internet speed, in the 95%, the QBO runs slowly because of this internet speed problem. So it will be good to check the speed of the internet. You can use an online tool to check your internet connection. Or you can also change your internet service provider. So that you will get faster internet speed. That makes your QuickBooks Online faster than before.
Technique 4: Manual Techniques
- Close the Running Tabs from the Background: If you want to make your QuickBooks Online run faster. Then you need to close all the running applications of your system. Also, you need to close unnecessary opened web browser tabs. Because each web browser tab uses your system resources. That’s why you may face QuickBooks Online running slow issue.
- Update Web Browser: Web browser takes a major role in QuickBooks Online running. Because QuickBooks Online is running on a web browser. That’s why you must update your web browser so that the latest features avail in your system. Because every browser releases some latest features to work fine. So go to the web browser settings and check for the latest update.
- Update Browser Flash Or Java: If you want to run your QuickBooks Online faster. Then you must update your flash drive and Java kit. Because QuickBooks speed depends on flash or java. So in order to increase your QuickBooks online loading speed update flash or java kit.
- Uninstall Browser Plugins: sometimes automatically installed plugins in your web browser. And these plugins are not useful for use and they use lots of CPU resources and make your web browser slow. So if you want to get better speed. Then uninstall them or disable plugins to make your web browsing faster.
- Use Another Browser: if you implemented all the above steps. But yet getting slow QuickBooks Online loading issue. Then change your web browser to make it faster.
- Delete History & Cookies: it’s necessary to clean your web browser history and cookies. Because history and cookies take lots of space. That’s why you face QuickBooks Online slow running issues.
- Use SSD: SSD drive is the latest technology in the computer field. As we use HDD that is very old technology to store and retrieve data. But SSD is the very fast storage drive, that is similar to HDD but it uses low read access time. So that your computer can run faster than before.
The End Line
At the last of the article, we hope, now you are able to find out the reason for the slow running process of QuickBooks Online, and the techniques for the fast running of QBO. Still, if you getting trouble to apply the techniques, or having any doubts then you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for a reliable, and effective solution.