Last Updated on by
QuickBooks Online Faster is a browser-based online accounting and invoicing system. By using QuickBooks Online, users are able to send invoices to clients, keep track of business income and expenses and access data related to business finances from any computer over the Internet. Although QuickBooks Online runs quickly, you can easily find that QuickBooks is running slowly on your browser. By troubleshooting the potential causes for this problem, you can often resolve it.
Is Your QuickBooks Slow? 5 Tips to Make it Run QuickBooks Online Faster
Here are some useful tips you can implement to optimize the performance of your QuickBooks Desktop software on the cloud.
- Get a Swift Internet Connection – Hosted QuickBooks can be accessed from anywhere at any time via a portable device connected over a reliable internet connection. These devices include smartphones, laptops, and tablets, among others.
- Choose SSD Server For Hosting QuickBooks – All functions of hosted QuickBooks are processed on the cloud-based server. Hence, the performance of the server is vital to the software. Compared to all previous technologies, SSD (Solid State Drive) based servers have shown remarkably better speed in delivering the application-based solution over the cloud.
- Plan Resources According To Number of Users – cloud providers offer you flexible solutions that enable you to choose the server specifications like RAM, storage, number of users, etc. You are charged on a pay-as-per-usage basis that includes the usage of all these specs. This implies that the more resources you use, the more charges you incur. To save revenue, most businesses tend to opt for limited resources.
- Integrate the Add-ons Smartly – Integrating smart add-ons with QuickBooks can streamline the operations brilliantly. On the other hand, if the add-on integration is done inefficiently, the chances are that it may spoil the effectiveness of QuickBooks and slow down the accounting process. This is because installing add-on with hosted QB is slightly different from the local machine installations. This may even require the changes with the server resources.
- Maintain Local Machine Rightly – As already mentioned, that QB Desktop hosted on the cloud can be accessed with the help of portable devices like smartphones, laptops, etc. These devices are used only to access the software. Practically speaking, the specifications of the device do not affect the performance of the software. However, it is recommended to maintain your all portable devices and analyze any issues that might restrict access to the cloud or hamper its performance. For instance, if you are accessing the application over the browser, clear the cookies and cache memory from time to time. Running too many applications may also be causing freezing with the device process. The gist is pointing that keep your device in the right shape with some basic checks.
Shortcut Keywords for QuickBooks App
- To open new invoice the shortcut keyword is Ctrl + I
- Keyword for opening a new Estimate is Ctrl + T
Some Tips for Make QuickBooks Online Faster
- Close the open tabs of other browsers: If your QuickBooks is not working properly and you are worried about its performance, then ensure that all the other tasks going on in the browser are closed, as this affects the working of QuickBooks and make it run slowly.
- Updating the browser: Updates for browsers are released timely and they ensure that you are updating your browser time to time. This will automatically enhance and improve browser speed.
- Disabling browser’s plugins: All the open and unusable tabs and programs slow down the QuickBooks Online as well as your machine. Sometime Online may completely stop working due to this. So, disable the plug-ins if you are not using the programs, it will improve the speed of QuickBooks
- Java or Flash update of the browser: QuickBooks depends a lot on the Java or Flash update of your browser if they are not updated then update them because it makes the working of QuickBooks Online very slow
- Different browser: It happens that some of the browsers do not support all the websites, so try different browsers to run QuickBooks Online faster. In some cases, browsers don’t support or handle Google Chrome-like websites, but they can work perfectly with the QuickBooks.
- Internet speed: internet speed is a vital part of all types of online working. Though for QuickBooks you don’t need the fastest speed but ensure that the speed of the internet is good enough to make QuickBooks work smoothly. The cache is stored by the web browser so that you can access the previously visited pages easily, but if it’s full then surely have an impact on the performance.
- Delete cookies: the cookie is a message that is given by a web server to the web browser, which is sent back again to the web server when the page is requested by the browser. It helps in identifying the store shopping cart information of the user, creates the customized web pages, which utilizes the information of the user.