Last Updated on February 16, 2021 by Editorial Staff
Are you a new user in QuickBooks Desktop, and also need help for the QuickBooks Desktop Login? If your answer is yes, then there is good news for you that you are on the right platform. Here in this blog, you will be able to know that ‘How do I login to QuickBooks Desktop?’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Now without wasting any time read this blog and collect some knowledge regarding the above topic:
- Overview of QuickBooks Desktop
- Procedure to Login to QuickBooks Desktop
- What Are the Key Advantages After Signing Into the QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Desktop Login Problems
- The End Line
Overview of QuickBooks Desktop
Before knowing the login procedure of QuickBooks desktop I think it will be good to know something about the QuickBooks Desktop. It is a versatile product provided by the Intuit which allows the users to do a variety of works like track income and expenses, can do invoicing, track inventory, run reports, send estimates, perform payroll, manage bills and accounts payable, track sales tax, can scan bar code, and etc.
QuickBooks Desktop has some affordable plans (QuickBooks Desktop Pro, QuickBooks desktop premier, and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise) to make the work easier for users, and also have some advantages of QuickBooks desktop payroll login. We will also discuss this topic, but now follow the below procedure to set up the QuickBooks Desktop administrator and password for the QuickBooks Desktop account login.
Procedure to Login to QuickBooks Desktop
Here we have given the procedure for the QuickBooks Desktop login, follow the steps, and run your QuickBooks Desktop account.
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop Login:
The login procedure in QuickBooks Desktop is very easy, any kind of user can login to the QuickBooks Desktop without facing any problem. But the QuickBooks Desktop login makes sure that you have an account in Intuit. If you have no
- At first, visit the official site of Intuit/QuickBooks or follow the link for login: https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/
- After visiting this site, you have to choose your product type, here our product type is QuickBooks desktop, just click on it.
- Then put the mail address or the QuickBooks admin login Id and enter the password in the password section.
- In the QuickBooks Desktop, Admin and user’s password should be different.
- After doing all these steps go for the Sign-in option or click on the Sign-in option.
- At the last fill out all the details on the desktop screen.
So here was the procedure for the Intuit QuickBooks Desktop sign in, and also for the QuickBooks Self-employed login, and QuickBooks Online Login.
Note: If you are trying to sign in to any other product of QuickBooks by following this procedure then remember that after visiting the above-mentioned site choose your product type then get into your product.
Set Up QuickBooks Desktop Administrator & Password:
After getting into the QuickBooks Desktop, set up the administrator ID, and password. Here we have given the steps set up the ID, and password of QuickBooks Desktop, have a look:
- At first, you need to go to the ‘Company’ tab.
- And select the ‘Set Up users and password’ option.
- Then on the ‘Set up Users’.
- Now you have to decide that, who will be the administrator.
- In the next step, select the ‘Admin’ option from the ‘User List’ window, and click the ‘Edit User’ option.
- Now in the administrator field, enter the user ID that you want to give, and in the administrator, password enters the password and confirm it in the confirm password field.
- Always remember the admin ID and password.
- Select a question from the ‘Challenge Question’ drop-down arrow, and answer it correctly in the ‘Challenge Answer Field’.
- Go for the ‘Next’, and at the last, click on the ‘Finish’ option.
What Are the Key Advantages After Signing Into the QuickBooks Desktop
Here are the some of the key benefits after signing into the QuickBooks Desktop. Have a look:
- You can lead your business in the right direction.
- Can track the income, and business expenses easily.
- Perform payroll, and purchase orders without any problem.
- Make accounting at any time and anywhere with the QuickBooks Desktop mobile app.
- Manage your records, connect bank accounts, save your data at any time and anywhere.
- You can get the automatic backup feature in QB desktop.
- Get paid faster through the auto-reminder clients when payments are due.
- Track sales tax and examine which products and customers are taxable.
- Can run sales tax liability to know the exact owe.
- QuickBooks Desktop will help you to send a professional estimate and to track leads in a place.
- You can also convert any estimate to invoice easily.
- Can create purchase orders to maintain a record of what’s on order.
- Auto-early pay discount is also available in the desktop version of QB.
- You can see the unpaid bills from your vendors for easy payment management.
QuickBooks Desktop Login Problems
Sometimes the QuickBooks Desktop users face login problems while they trying to log into QuickBooks Desktop. Here we have mentioned some of the scenarios, where you may unable to login to QuickBooks Desktop, have a look:
- You may forget your login password
- Maybe you need a confirmation code to log in
- You may reset your password, but now you are unable to sign in with the new password
- The login page of QuickBooks Desktop is not working
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Login Issue
Whenever you found that the QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or it is unable to open, then at that time, you need not to worry. Here we have some solutions for the problem, you can apply all of the ways to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop Application
This procedure will be effective, if your company files got damaged in QuickBooks Desktop. If QuickBooks try to open the previous company then, you should follow this procedure.
- From the keyboard, press, and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key, and double click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- But remember that, you have to press the ‘Ctrl’ key, till you have not see the ‘No company Open’ Window.
- Now select the company file, and click on the ‘Ok’ option.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Running of QuickBooks tool hub is the other way to fix the QuickBooks Desktop issue. Run the toll hub, and fix the problem.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub, in the latest version, and install the toll file in a portable space, where you can access it easily.
- Open the file, by double-clicking on it, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the file.
- After the complete installation process, double-click on the icon to open it.
- Go to the ‘Program Problems’, and select the ‘Quick Fix My Program’ option.
- Then start your QuickBooks Desktop, and open your data file.
Solution 3: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Still, if you are facing the problem in QuickBooks Desktop, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Open QuickBooks toll hub, and go to the section of installation issues.
- There you can see the option of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool, just click on it.
- The tool will run for some times.
- After the running process, restart your system, and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check the error is occurring or not, if the error appear still then go for the next solution.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Open QuickBooks tool hub, and go to the section of installation issue.
- In the installation issue section, you can see the option of QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Go for that, and run it.
- This will rename all the old install folders automatically to add a new install file.
- You can check that the problem is gone or not.
The End Line
We hope this article will help you to log in to the QuickBooks Desktop easily, we tried our best to provide information on this blog. Further, if you have any doubts regarding this blog then you can contact our experts and can get ProAdvisor support , the ProAdvisor support team member will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.