Sometimes we need to delete a customer in QuickBooks, and in that time a question strike on our mind that ‘How to delete a customer in QuickBooks?’. So here is the blog, which will give the exact answer to your question, and also help you to clear all the doubts regarding this topic.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Generally, we can delete that customers who have no transaction with you through QuickBooks, and can delete those customers who are in the inactivated list and have some transaction in the previous period. Now let’s start reading to know the procedure for the deleting process of customer in QuickBooks.
Procedure to Delete a Customer in QuickBooks
This is the procedure by which you can easily delete a customer in QuickBooks, so follow the procedure and try to understand:
- To delete a single customer in QuickBooks, at the first step you have to open the QuickBooks.
- After that go to the ‘Customer’ icon and click on it from the upper bar of QuickBooks.
- Then click on the ‘Customer Center’.
- Now go to your customer list and right-click on that customer that you want to delete or remove, then click on the ‘Delete Customer Job’.
Note: This method can be done if the customer has no jobs or transaction with you through the QuickBooks
- After that click on the ‘Ok’ option to confirm the delete process of the customer.
- Now you can see the customer Dewey Duck has been deleted.
Method to delete all customer in QuickBooks:
The above method was to delete a single customer from QuickBooks, but this is method by which you can delete all customer in QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks and click on the ‘Customer Center’ window.
- Now go for the ‘Customers and Jobs’ tab, and click on the drop-down box.
- To display all customer list click on the ‘All Customers’ option.
- Then choose those customers that you want to delete or hide, and press the ‘Ctrl’ key with the ‘D’ key simultaneously to delete them.
- Or you can click on the ‘Delete customer job’ option from the ‘Edit’ menu for each customer.
How To Inactive A Customer In QuickBooks
As you have come to know, you can’t delete a customer who has any balance. So in such kind of situation you need to inactivate customers. So that you can not do any mistake in your business.
- At first, go to the ‘Customer’ tab, and beside on the customer name, checkmark on it.
- Then click on the ‘Make Inactive’ option from the ‘Batch Actions’ drop-down menu.
- After that click on the ‘Yes’ option to confirm the process.
Or you can follow the below process for the same activity:
- Go to the ‘Sales’ menu and click on the ‘Customer’ tab to choose that customer that you want to inactivate.
- Click on the ‘Customer Details’ and then on the ‘Edit’ option to select the ‘Make inactive’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘Yes’ option to confirm it.
How to edit a customer in QuickBooks
Edit a customer in QuickBooks by following these steps:
- At first, you have to open the QuickBooks accounting software
- After opening the software go to the customer section, and click on the customer list from the left side.
- Now choose that customer you want to edit, and right-click on it.
- Then click on Edit Customer.
- After clicking on the ‘Edit Customer’ option, an edit ‘Edit Customer Window’ will appear on your screen.
- Specify all the necessary details that you want to add or update. And click on OK button to proceed
So here was the procedure where you can know how to delete a customer, delete all customers, inactivate a customer, edit a customer and etc. We think you will like it, and also able to do al the activities perfectly because for all QuickBooks users it is not a very difficult task, but yes all users need some guidance to do any work. Further, if you have any doubts then you call us through our toll-free number, we will try our best to solve your problem.