Last Updated on by
How are you going to solve QuickBooks error 213? As you know, an error becomes a big problem until you try to fix it. Really it is very important to know “what are the causes behind this error?” So check the cause of the error and follow the solution’s steps to resolve the error in QuickBooks. let’s know its causes and solutions.
Error 213 in QuickBooks means your QuickBooks company file/data has duplicate list elements. just you need to verify it by using data utility to detect duplicate and damaged files in QuickBooks.
There would be many causes such as:
- Duplicate entries in QB.log file
- Damage and duplicate list of data.
- Exist two files with the same name.
- Some malicious behavior can give rise to this error.
Fix QuickBooks error code 213
remember one thing always, whenever you face any error create a backup file of your company file on your system storage before following the solution’s steps to avoid any data loss.
Solution-1: Create a backup company file
- First, Open QuickBooks and go to in File menu.
- Now, click on Switch Single user mode.
- Come back in the File menu and click Back up Company.
- Choose to Create Local backup then click on Local Backup in the window.
- After it, click on the Next option then select Browser in the local backup section.
- Now Save backup company file in the browser where you want to save it.
Solution-2: Run Logfile of Quickbooks Desktop to rename duplicate Entries
- First, open QuickBooks then press function F2 key.
- Now, appear a window of Product Information press F3.
- In the Tech help window, click on Open File.
- Then, select QBwin.log file then navigate to C:\Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit\QuickBooks \log \XXX\ folder to find your QBWin.log file.
- After that, double click on this Log file and then press Ctrl+End keys.
- Then, Ctrl+F for Find window and then enter Duplicate.
- Now, you can see duplicate entries to rename it.
- You have to rename all duplicate entries one by one and by using 3 to 7 steps repeat to each duplicate elements. After the renaming process, Run Verify data utility to check that there are no other duplicate entries left in the QB file.
Solution-3: Run Verify Data Utility Tool
- First, Open your QuickBooks application.
- Click on the File menu then choose Utility option.
- After then, click on Verify data and wait for a few minutes.
- After this process, if you find any issues with company file then Click on Utilities –> File menu option—> Select Rebuild Data.
- At last, Restart your computer and press the Shift key to the boot computer system in Safe mode.
After these above solutions help you to resolve QuickBooks error 213. When you followed the solution then you should check for error 213 is fixed or not. If you still face this error that means you need to update the latest version of QuickBooks. For the further error of QuickBooks visit here anytime anywhere to resolve errors. You should rectify this error by using the next solution.
- Create and restore the QuickBooks company file
- QuickBooks error 1402
- Fix QuickBooks Desktop update error
- QuickBooks uncoverable error
- How to fix QuickBooks error 503?