Last Updated on September 17, 2020 by Editorial Staff
We already discussed a lot of QuickBooks error codes in previous blogs. Today, this is the blog for those, who are facing the QuickBooks error 213 while working on QuickBooks. In this blog you will be able to know the causes and solutions for the QuickBooks error code 213. If you eagerly want the solution to this error code then stay connected with us.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
Normally, it means your QuickBooks company file/data has duplicate list elements. just you need to verify it by using data utility to detect duplicate and damaged files in QuickBooks.
Causes and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 213
Know all the causes and solutions to get rid of the 213 error code as soon as possible from the below section:
Causes Behind the 213 Error Code
Have a look to the given points to know the causes for QuickBooks error 213, and remember all these points so that you will never repeat it again in the future.
- Duplicate entries in QB.log file
- Damage and duplicate list of data.
- Exist two files with the same name.
- Some malicious behavior can give rise to this error.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error 213
Remember one thing always, whenever you face any error create a backup file of your company file on your system storage before following the solution’s steps to avoid any data loss.
Solution-1: Create a Backup Company File
- First, Open QuickBooks and go to in File menu.
- Now, click on Switch Single user mode.
- Come back in the File menu and click Back up Company.
- Choose to Create Local backup then click on Local Backup in the window.
- After it, click on the Next option then select Browser in the local backup section.
- Now Save backup company file in the browser where you want to save it.
Solution-2: Run Logfile of Quickbooks Desktop to rename duplicate Entries
- First, open QuickBooks then press function F2 key.
- Now, appear a window of Product Information press F3.
- In the Tech help window, click on Open File.
- Then, select QBwin.log file then navigate to C:\Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit\QuickBooks \log \XXX\ folder to find your QBWin.log file.
- After that, double click on this Log file and then press Ctrl+End keys.
- Then, Ctrl+F for Find window and then enter Duplicate.
- Now, you can see duplicate entries to rename it.
- You have to rename all duplicate entries one by one and by using 3 to 7 steps repeat to each duplicate elements. After the renaming process, Run Verify data utility to check that there are no other duplicate entries left in the QB file.
Solution-3: Run Verify Data Utility Tool
- First, Open your QuickBooks application.
- Click on the File menu then choose Utility option.
- After then, click on Verify data and wait for a few minutes.
- After this process, if you find any issues with company file then Click on Utilities –> File menu option—> Select Rebuild Data.
- At last, Restart your computer and press the Shift key to the boot computer system in Safe mode.
We hope, you like the blog, and the solutions in this blog also, we tried our best to give a simple and effective solution to fix the QuickBooks error 213. We are sure that, you can fix the problem ownself by following these steps. Further, if in case, you need any kind of help to fix the problem or any doubts regarding this blog, then you can drop a call through the toll-free number +1-888-461-1179 for the ProAdvisor Support.