Last Updated on November 20, 2019 by Editor Team
Amongst multiple important features that Intuit offers for QuickBooks, ‘verify data and Rebuild data’ are two essential and useful utilities. Those utilities have their very own wonderful identities with the former identifying the common issues that occur, and the latter handles the integrity problems. The verify data utility searches integrity issues. Once the integrity problems are seen then Rebuild data utility resolves them. The two tools are facets of the same coin and complement each other in detecting issues and solving them after that.
In this blog, we can first understand what results in QuickBooks Corruption and next data damage. After that, we will know the system to Rebuild the QuickBooks data file the use of the ‘Rebuild data utility.’ ultimately, we will examine a trade QuickBooks Rebuild Data solution to recover ‘QBW record’ in the case extensive damage occurs.
Why do we want to use ‘verify and Rebuild Utilities’?
Now QuickBooks encounters some excessive errors which need to be handled immediately to avoid discrepancies found on reviews together with payments or invoices posted with negative values.
Some of these are:
- The deposited payments are visible in the ‘payments to deposit’
- Balance sheet not displaying all accounts
- The information check-ups are run to check the record is error-free indicates software inflicted with severe errors.
- Missing or inaccurately displayed transactions within the window.
- Names are lacking from lists.
Rebuild Quickbooks Data File Documentation
Some steps to Rebuild Quickbooks Data File Documentation
- First of all, open QuickBooks and press on
- Next, click on ‘Utilities’ and then choose ‘Rebuild’
- In case you see an alert message for backing up the File, then click OK
- The app will show ‘Rebuild’ is complete & press OK
There are many methods to rebuild the QuickBooks Data File, but manual techniques are substantially helpful because of low corruption risk involved. Let’s look at some of those methods.
State File Volume to reduce Corruption Risk
Several a QuickBooks file may lead to data corruption. Hence it could be easily said that big-sized QuickBooks files are more prone to corruption in comparison to the smaller ones. It’s helpful to see the file size and maintain it under manipulate continuously.
Analyze and reduce the Database Fragments
In case the database has 10 or more Database Fragments, then perform the below-given method to reduce the fragments.
Listing Resorting– Visit Lists menu and use the ‘Resort list’ option. This may be beneficial as resorting using list headers will shuffle the list and will change the previous re-organization effect on the file.
Rebuild the report– once you have re-sorted the company files, then use the ‘QuickBooks data file Rebuild application’ by means of acting the identical technique that mentioned in the ‘the way to rebuild QB data file documents’ section enlisted at the beginning of the blog.
Make a portable company file – Make a portable company file & restore it to re-index the Database. That is a beneficial way to reduce database fragments.
Windows Defragmentation utility– correct Fragmentation is very important as the fragmentation level of the hard drive can influence the fragmentation level of the Accounting app’s database. To amend this, go to the area in the hard drive in which the utility document is there, and Run the ‘windows Defragmentation application.’
Resolve network issues
Incorrectly configured routers in a multi-user mode influence and affect the QuickBooks performance. This unwanted have effect will increase the risk of corruption. Furthermore, if the network issue occurs due to wrong server configuration or hardware components are malfunctioning then this can also lead to data file corruption.
Additionally, QuickBooks data File corruption may additionally arise if any of the below-listed issues or a mixture of the problems are present in the network. These are:
- Connection issues time-honored with routers
- Operating system issues
- Hardware or network problems are familiar on the workstation network adapters.
Transactions causing Corruption
In case you see that QB data file corruption is related to one or more transactions, then you can look to restore it through first deleting the transactions & then re-entering them. Now to locate a particular transaction this is causing the problem, it’s advisable to look for the ‘Document Number’ in the report and delete and Re-enter transaction. The discrepancies in the QuickBooks Data File can create several discrepancies in the balance sheet. In case none of the above-listed strategies work then you can look for other methods.
Important points to consider
- In case you aren’t able to recognize what results in this QuickBooks file corruption, then it’s advisable to restore it from backup.
- Do not Overwrite the Existing Company File and manually fill in the information once you end the restore function successfully.
- If QBW Rebuild software fails to recover the database from the errors, then you should attempt different techniques.