To use QuickBooks desktop app on any computer or device you need to download and install it. But sometimes during installation some files if missing in CD. But that type of missing file sometimes QuickBooks doesn’t work properly and need uninstall or reinstall. If you have a question about how to reinstall QuickBooks on a new computer. If you want to reinstall or uninstall QuickBooks then read this post carefully, bellow we discuss the method to reinstall.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Now users can reinstall QuickBooks with CD or by downloading through official websites.
How to Reinstall or Uninstall QuickBooks?
There are many causes or problems that force any user to reinstall and uninstall QuickBooks, if you want to know what are the causes behind it then read the below-mentioned step-by-step procedure.
- The user may not able to open QuickBooks on their system
- Sometime the QB application could not load parts of its individual program any longer, due to crashes.
- Malware or virus corrupted the QB installation on their PC.
- It may be hard drive replaced with the latest hard drive or it has been crashed.
- The user replaces their old PC with a new computer.
- Before Reinstall or Uninstall QuickBooks need to create Backup
- The user needs to create a backup for their company data first. If the user is not able to run QuickBooks to create a backup, then they need to make a copy of their company data file.
Uninstall the QuickBooks
- If QB is already installed on their hard drive, they need to uninstall the existing QuickBooks installation before they install it again.
- If the user does not get uninstall option on their PC, they can perform the task through the window user.
Other Recommended Articles:A Way to Use GoPayment QuickBooks
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error (Recover the Unrecoverable Error)
Discover & Recover Past Due Invoices in QuickBooks
For Window 7 QuickBooks Uninstallation steps:
- Go into their Windows 7 QuickBooks Panel. Tick on Features and Program.
- Here they will see a list of every program installed on their PC. On the bottom, they will see their QuickBooks program and double tick on it.
- Choose the finish and remove
- Removed or uninstalled the QuickBooks software from their system
- Look for the original install CD, or if they download their QB programs,
- If their QuickBooks software is on a CD, they can insert in their CD drive and follow the guidelines to install QuickBooks software.
- If the user downloads their QuickBooks program, the double tick on their downloaded software and install the program on the PC and follow the instructions.
- If the user does not understand how to download it on their PC, they can find their system for the setup process of downloading. Press the Window button on their keyboard. Now set the software and follow the prompt, which will display on their PC.
- If the user doesn’t have the installation CD, or they cannot search their download file, they can contact on QuickBooks.
- At the time of the installation process, the user will be prompted for their license number and product code for the complete installation. The user should have received the codes with their CD packaging of if they download the QB software.
- After completing the QB installation, the user needs to register on it.
The common issue during Reinstalling QuickBooks:
The user often gets difficulties during they require to reinstall their QB software. Here we describe a few of the most shared circumstances:
- The user can find their installation CD.
- They cannot find their installation codes:
- They don’t recall their earlier registration information
- The want to reinstall their old version of QuickBooks on a new PC that is not compatible
After reading this blog carefully you will understand how to uninstall or Reinstall QuickBooks on a new computer or any old computer. If you are still unable to uninstall Quickbooks and need additional help then you can contact our QuickBooks Proadvisor, they will assist you in how you can uninstall by yourself.