Last Updated on January 6, 2021 by Editorial Staff
The users found the QuickBooks error 103 while they trying to login to the bank account through the QuickBooks accounting software because of different reasons. Today in this article, we are going to know the troubleshooting solution for QuickBooks Online error 103, and the reasons behind the error.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
Reasons & Solutions for QuickBooks Error 103
Here we have given the reasons, and solutions for the error code, have a look;
Why QuickBooks Online Banking Error 103 Occurs
QuickBooks error 103 occurs due to different reasons, here we have given some of the possible reasons regarding this error have a look:
- You have entered the wrong credentials when trying to connect with your bank’s account for the First time.
- You’ve selected the wrong financial group (there are regularly many to choose from).
- In case you are currently connected and you’ve updated your credentials with your bank account. The details in QuickBooks online are to be updated as well. For that reason, you may face the Quickbooks Error 103 at the same time as Logging into to bank account.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 103
Choose any one of the solutions to fix the banking error as soon as possible.
Solution 1: Verify the Login Information
- First, open a new window in the chrome or any web browser that you are using.
- And open your connected bank’s website.
- Make sure that, the website has the HTTPS protocol.
- Log in to your bank account with your login credential (ID, & password).
- If in case, you have two accounts in the same bank as a personal, and a business then, login to the account, which is connected to QuickBooks.
- If you get any error during the login process then, follow the bank’s instructions to reset the user ID, and password.
Solution 2: Enable the Third-Party Access
- Search for the ibx.key.com, or key.com, and login to your QuickBooks connected account.
- Click on the ‘User Profile’ option.
- And go to the ‘Password and Security’ tab to switch on the third-party access.
- Confirm the choice by selecting the ‘Yes’ option.
Solution 3: Put the Bank Login Information in QuickBooks
Here we have given solutions for two situations, one is for the current correction, and another is for new connection.
For the Current Correction
- Click Banking from the left menu and click on Add account.
- In the search field, enter the Name of the bank you’re trying to connect with or enter the bank’s URL.
- If a lot of results are displayed, Choose the bank’s name from the list.
- Log in with your customer id or password.
- If you obtain the error 103 again, then Choose the go back button and then next in the name list.
- Repeat this process until you find the right website below the bank name and you’ve successfully linked with your account.
For the New Connection
If it is the first time you’re connecting, ensure it’s the right bank. Moreover, to avoid error from 103 when Logging into to bank account, enter the right credentials.
- Error code shows on your system
- Bank name which one you are trying to setup
- Bank name shows at the time to set up your bank account
- Type of account you go to setup like Business, cash management, personal or any other.
- Exact URL and the website information shows after setting up your account.
- On the left menu, Firstly Click on Banking.
- The card for the account that results in QuickBooks Error 103.
- Choose the Edit option.
- Select the Edit sign-in data.
- Enter your new credentials then click on update.
Solution 4: Manual Solutions
- Select the Reconnect button that displays within the Error message. Make sure to manually type the customer id or password.
- Then hit the update sign-in information.
- Verify the bank connection by means of following the steps below:
- Search the bank’s login web-page URL or search for the URL you get when you log into your bank account.
- First of all, search for a bank with the URL that you use to sign-in to the bank account. Try to all possible results by means of disposing of certain strings from the URL. Look out till your search ends.
- For an Error 103 coming with the key bank, login to your account from the bank’s website and take a look at for third party access
We tried our best to put information in this blog to solve the QuickBooks error 103. At last, we just want to say that, this is not a permanent problem in QuickBooks. You can solve it very easily through the above solutions. Still, if you are unable to fix the error, and having problems to run the solutions then, you can get our QuickBooks ProAdvisor support for the best troubleshooting solution.