Last Updated on December 16, 2020 by Editorial Staff
If we are not wrong, you are so worried to fix the QuickBooks error 1402, isn’t it? Be calm, and relaxed, here we have your solution in this blog. Yes, in this blog, you can get different methods to troubleshoot this error code. We tried our best to provide easy and different solutions for the users, so that whenever a user faces the problem, he/she can fix it immediately own self.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
Reasons & Solutions for QuickBooks Error 1402
Just get the reasons and follow the steps one by one to fix the problem easily, and quickly.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 1402
The below listed points are some of the main causes for the error code:
- Corrupted Operating System
- Outdated software and hardware failure.
- Incomplete installing QB desktop.
- Damage QuickBooks files.
- The window is not updated.
Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1402
All the given solutions are effective and easy to follow, and the tools are used to fix the problem very powerful. So select the solutions to apply according to your comfort.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- To use the tool hub, close your QuickBooks software
- Then, download QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save it on your desktop with QBtoolhub.exe.
- After that, open the downloaded hub file and follow all instructions.
- To install the QB tool hub you need to allow terms and conditions.
- When installation complete you have to click on the hub tool icon.
- After it, click on the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Now, choose Installation Issues.
- After that, Click on QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to Run it.
- This diagnostic tool takes 15 to 20 minutes to resolve your QuickBooks error 1402.
- After completing the process, You should Restart your computer.
Now, you are supposed to solve this QuickBooks error. If you still face this error then continue the second step to resolve it.
Solution 2: Use an Updated Version of Windows
Apply the second step to fix the QuickBooks error 1402, if the first procedure is not work out.
- First, you need to update the windows.
- After installing the updated window, Restart your computer and open your QuickBooks.
- After it, if you can open your QuickBooks then an error is fixed.
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks Desktop
- First, create your backup company file and keep a copy of your QB desktop license info plus product info.
- To Install QuickBooks Desktop again, Start the computer in selective startup mode.
- Press Window + R on the keyboard.
- Now you see a Run Command screen.
- Enter MSConfig and click on OK.
- Go to in General option and click on Selective startup and load system.
- After it, click on Services Option and click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now, click on the Control panel and open it.
- Click on Add/Remove program.
- After it, Click on Uninstall QuickBooks.
- At last, Restart your computer and Reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Repair Microsoft components
- Install Microsoft.net framework or Repair it.
- Repair your Microsoft MSXML.
- After it, install and open QuickBooks to do your work with a smile.
Solution 5: Use Selective startup to Install QuickBooks Desktop
- First prepare the data by creating back up of the company file, and by copying the product and license information of QuickBooks.
- Then start the system in the selective start-up mode.
- Press the’ Windows +R’ key simultaneously to open the run command.
- Enter ‘msconfig‘, and then click the ‘Ok’ option.
- In the next step, select the ‘Selective startup, and the ‘Load system services open’ from the ‘General’ tab.
- Then click the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ from the ‘Services’ tab.
- Choose the ‘disable all’ option, and uncheck the ‘Hide all Microsoft service’.
- Ensure that, the windows installer is marked.
- Then click the ‘Ok’ option and the ‘Restart’ option from the system configuration window.
- After that, install the QuickBooks Desktop or install it.
- Now switch back to the normal startup mode.
- Open run command and type, ‘msconfig‘ and hit the ‘Ok’ option.
- Select the ‘Normal Startup’ option from the ‘General’ tab, and click the ‘Ok’ option.
- At last, click on the ‘Restart’ option on the ‘System Configuration Window’.
In the above, we have provided different types of solutions to fix the problem, but there is a point to remember. If you are applying the first solution to fix the error, and the problem fixed out then, don’t try the other solution. At last, we hope, this blog will be informative for you. Maybe in some cases, you need help to perform these steps, at that time you can get ProAdvisor support to fix your problem instantly.