Wandering, ‘How to customize a paycheck layout or pay stub in QuickBooks Desktop?’. Well, no need to think more, here we will guide you completely about this topic.
With the help of the given steps, you can easily customize a paycheck layout or pay stub in QuickBooks Desktop.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Procedure to Customize Paycheck Layout in QuickBooks Desktop
Here we have provided the entire procedure to customize a paycheck layout or pay stub in QuickBooks Desktop including the printing procedure of account name on check voucher, adding procedure of company name, logo, signature, and procedure of customizing the pay stun voucher, and etc. So let’s know, how to do it:
Steps to Print Account Names on Check Voucher
Here we will discuss how to print the account name in QuickBooks desktop. If you want to print the account name in QuickBooks Desktop then follow these given steps carefully:-
- For this step, you need to first go to the Edit option, and then click on the option of Preferences.
- Then, click on the option of Checking.
- After that, click on the Company Preferences tab.
- In the end, on the voucher, you can choose the Print account names. And then click on the option of OK to finish it.
- For inventory purchases that you can check or Paycheck that is not used, the first 16 lines of the account name will be displayed.
- The second one is for inventory purchases the check or Paycheck used, then QuickBooks will display the payroll item or inventory item.
Steps to Add Company Name & Address, Logo, and Signature
Here we will discuss how to add the company name & address, logo, and signature in QuickBooks desktop. If you want to add company name & address, logo, and signature on a paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop then follow these given steps carefully:-
- First, you can go to the option of File, and then choose the Printer Setup option.
- Then, click on the Check or Paycheck option comes under the Form Name dropdown.
- After that, you can click to choose the all or any of the following options that are cones Under the Settings page:
- Print company name and address
- Use the logo
- Print your Signature Image
Steps to Customize Pay Stubs and Paycheck Vouchers
You can customize an employee pay stub to display employee information, company addresses, sick, and vacation information.if you want to add or remove this information from a pay stub or voucher in QuickBooks Desktop then follow these given steps carefully:-
- First, in this step, you can go to the Edit option, and then click on the option of Preferences.
- After that, click on Payroll & Employees option. And then choose the option of the Company Preferences tab.
- Then, you need to click on the Pay Stub option & Voucher Printing button.
- You can deselect to clear any of the checkboxes for displaying the information in the Payroll Printing Preferences window.
Here below, we can provide the list of the items you can choose to print or not to on the paycheck vouchers or pay stubs:
- Vacation & Sick used.
- Enter a term in the Print as a box to change how the term prints on the voucher or pay stub (such as PTO or flextime).
- Legal company name
- Federal employer identification number
- DBA company name
- Company phone number
- Non-taxable company items
- Employee social security number.
- It’s totally based on your state’s requirements, employee SSNs may not be removed from pay stubs, but you can choose to only display the four digits.
- Only the last four digits of SSNs and bank account numbers.
- Hours for salaried employees.
- That is the cause of legal requirements, salary hours cannot be removed from pay stubs.
- Standard font size or Large font size
- Print Intuit logo
- Select the option of OK twice to finish this process.
The Following Information can not Remove From a Pay Stub for the cause of Legal Requirements:
- The salary or hourly rate
- Hours worked, and the amount of pay for the period
- Pay period
- Employee taxes
- Deductions from and additions to wages
- Taxable company contributions
- Net pay
- Year-to-date amounts for the preceding items
- Company name and address
- Employee Social Security number
Hope this article or its information is helpful for you. Here we have provided simple steps to customize a paycheck layout or pay stub in QuickBooks Desktop for you, hope you like it and able to customize the pay stubs in QuickBooks easily. Further, if you still have any problem related to this topic, then you can get our ProAdvisor support immediately.