Last Updated on January 5, 2021 by Editorial Staff
Today in this blog, we are going to discuss the QuickBooks error 324, its reasons, and the solutions. Continue with us till the end of the article, if you want effective solutions for the QuickBooks banking error code 324.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
Why QuickBooks Banking Error 324 Occurs
QuickBooks error 324 has many reasons to occurs, here in the below we have listed some of the reasons
- When financial institutions reclassified the account or moved to the new server.
- When your associated account’s name has changed.
- Your Financial institutions (FI) released a new account number or credit card.
- When your bank or credit card account closed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 324
To fix the QuickBooks error 324, here we have given the solution for both QuickBooks Online user, and QuickBooks self-employed user.
Resolve 324 QuickBooks Bank Error in QuickBooks Online
Solution 1: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Sometimes QuickBooks Application will corrupt and will face this problem. So to fix it you need to clean the Installation of QuickBooks software. To do that follow the given steps:-
- First, click on the start menu.
- Open the control panel on the application list.
- Now click on the program and features Icon.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks and choose to uninstall.
- Wait for the completion of the uninstalling process.
- After that, restart the system to completely remove the program.
- Now you need to install a clean version of QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Connect a New Account to QuickBooks
If you have a new account number or credit card, then you can do any one of the following:-
i.e- continue with the old account and create a new account.
- The Old Account
- Dis-connect the account.
- Then connect or link a new account through the chart of accounts.
- Create A New Account
If you cannot link your new account number or credit card to an existing account.
If you cannot link a new account number or credit card to an existing account then follow the given steps:
- Create a new account in QuickBooks Online.
- Then Connect a new account with the help of your account chart.
- After that disconnect your old account.
- To fix this QBs error code 324 you need to merge both accounts. That is – old and new accounts.
Solution 3: Manually Update & Reconnect Your Existing Account
Select the reconnect my account link option and Hit your updated account with the financial institution(FI). This option appears on your device after the QuickBooks error message.
- If you do not see a link or indicate the issues on FI’s website, then you just need to click on the Update button and you can easily update your account in QuickBooks Online software application.
- If you again face the same issues, so you need to select the Check Connections option in the error banner. And follow or perform the given steps to fix this error 324 in QuickBooks.
Note:- If the account missing and The check is not visible even after following the connections prompt, And check what causes it.
Solution 4: Check the Connection of Transaction
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- And go to the ‘Banking’ menu, or the ‘Transaction’ menu.
- Update, and check that the error is gone or not.
- If still the error is appearing then go to the ‘Transaction’ menu, and select the ‘Check connection’ link from the banner.
- At last, follow the on-screen steps to fix the issue.
Resolve 324 QuickBooks Bank Error in QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Login to QuickBooks self-employed.
- And go to the ‘Profile’ icon, and select the ‘Bank Accounts’ option.
- Refresh all, and check that the error is gone or not.
- If still error is appearing then go to the ‘Transaction’ menu, and select the ‘Check connection’ link from the banner.
- At last, follow the on-screen steps to fix the issue.
Manual Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error 324
If all of the above-given solutions are not works for you then you can try this alternative solution to get rid of QuickBooks Error 324.
Method 1. Clear Junk Files In Your System
- Firstly, you just need to type the Window+R key at the same time After that, you will see a run command box on your system screen.
- Then go to the search box and type cleanmgr (command) then Click on the enter button with the help of your system keyword.
- After that open, a disk cleans up the tab.
- In this Disk Cleanup tab, you’ll see how much space is surrounded by the junk files then you can remove junk files at your convenience.
- If you want to delete or remove junk files on your device then select and clean them.
- After completing this process press the OK button.
Method 2. Scan Your System
- First of all, Go and check to your system or device has antivirus available or not, Then Update the antivirus programs just like – Macafee(This is an antivirus program ).
- After completing the activation of the antivirus then you have to scan your system.
- If any viruses or bugs and malware on your system then fix it.
- If your system has no virus or bugs, then apply the other solution to fix this QuickBooks error code 324.
The End Line
We hope that after reading this blog you will clarify that QuickBooks Error 324 comes due to a discrepancy in your account credential between the bank and Intuit. You also get various causes of it, so you might find the exact cause of QuickBooks error code 324 and fix it. If you have any trouble in applying these steps, and after applying again and again if you are unable to fix then you can contact our Quickbooks Proadvisor for the effective solution.