Last Updated on by
Quicken is widely known for accounting solutions for small & mid-sized businesses. It stores our business expenses data in the form of a digital file. And when we change our computer or work in an office with the team. Then there is a need to transfer Quicken file to new computer or office team members. So it’s necessary to know how to transfer or move Quicken to New computer.
Things To Remember Before transferring or Move Quicken to New Computer
We know you are very excited to know how to transfer Quicken to a new computer. But before moving Quicken to the new computer we should remember some points listed below…
- If you want to move Quicken data from one PC to another, then you don’t need to purchase a fresh copy of the quicken app. But you must install the same Quicken desktop software in both systems.
- If you want to download and install Quicken app click here
- And if you want to move data from window OS to Mac then you must convert Quicken data
Steps To Transfer Data To New Computer
Quicken data transfer from one pc to other become very easy now. Because we have bring easiest way to transfer data between two computers.
Step 1: Quicken For Window
If you want to transfer data from one PC to Another, then you have to install Quicken on new computer. So let’s see how to transfer Quicken to a new computer by installing Quicken on a new computer.
Install Quicken on your new computer
- First, you will need to download Quicken for the new computer
- And install it on a new computer
Keep Copy of Quicken data file in external disk
- Open Quicken app and click on the File menu
- Then click on Backup, and backup your Quicken file on an external USB drive. Because this USB drive helps you to move data from your old pc to the new PC.
Restore Quicken File on the new computer
Now the USB drive that you use for backup Quicken data, plugin into the new computer to save the backup file in the new computer.
- Now you have to open the external drive or disc to find the external drive
- If you use window 7, then go to Start > My computer
- And if you use window 10, then you have to click on Start menu and click on File Explorer
- Now copy your Quicken data from an external drive and past it to new computer desktop
- Then you have to open Quicken and click on File > Restore Backup File. Find the Quicken data that paste on desktop, select it and click on Restore the Quicken data file and click OK.
Step 2: Using DropBox
By using dropbox you can easily transfer Quicken data to new computer. But for this, you have to install dropbox on both computers. So let’s see how to transfer Quicken to a new computer.
- First, you should install dropbox in your both system
- Then open quicken and click on File menu > backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File
- Now you can select Change button and click on Dropbox(Quicken) and click on Save button
- After then click on the Backup now button.
- Then a popup message appear that has written Quicken data file backup successfully, click on OK button.
- Now install Quicken in New computer
- Then select the “restore a data file I’ve backed up to a cd to disk or online” and click to get started button
- Now click on Restore from your backup radio button and click on the browse button
- Select the Dropbox(Quicken) and locate the file, then click open
- After that click on the Restore button, then it requires to specify a location for restore.
- Choose the Quicken folder under the document by clicking on the Browse button
- And save in to Quicken folder By click on Save
- Now click on the Restore Backup button that’s it.
As you have seen how to transfer Quicken to New computer. So our strong instruction you do not install or run Quicken on the network. And if you using a dropbox for transfer data to a new computer than dropbox must be installed on both computers.