“Do you need to get the older transactions from your bank, or want to connect your bank accounts into QuickBooks?” In this blog, we are going to solve your problem. Yes, in today’s blog, we will know, ‘How to manually upload transactions into QuickBooks Online?’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
If you want to save your valuable time, and want to focus on your business, then this process will be beneficial for you. You can save much more time for your business by connecting your bank accounts, and uploading the transactions into QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks will automatically download the last 90 days transactions from your bank, after connecting the bank accounts into QuickBooks. And if in case, you want the older transactions from your bank, then can manually do it.
Let’s know ‘How to perform it?’:
Procedure to Manually Upload Transactions into QuickBooks Online:
To upload transactions into QuickBooks Online, you have to follow the below given six steps. Let’s know how to do this:
Put a Date Range:
Our first step to manually upload transactions into QuickBooks is putting a date range in the account. You have to make sure that, you don’t import transactions that you have already recorded. And you need to get the date for the oldest transactions in your account. This will help you to prevent duplicates.
- Login to QuickBooks Online, and visit for the ‘Accounting’ menu.
- After that, select the ‘Chart of Accounts’ option from the ‘Accounting’ menu.
- Now search for the bank credit card account, that you want to upload more transactions into.
- Select the ‘View Register’ option, then scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- Keep the date of the oldest transaction, but remember that, in most cases, the oldest transaction is the opening balance.
Download Transactions From Bank:
The next step is ‘Download transactions from bank’. Follow the below steps to perform the second transaction:
- First, sign in to your bank and credit card by using the website.
- Follow the bank instructions to download the transaction to your computer.
- And ensure that, the download date range is at least one day before your oldest transaction.
- Then download the transactions, and save the files in a safe and portable space, where you can easily access the file.
Check the Format and Size of The File
It is a very important step for the QuickBooks Online transaction. The bank might ask to choose an option to select the expert transaction type, or for that, ‘How to download/export your transactions?’. You have to select one of the given options in the below so that you can upload the file into QuickBooks Online:
- QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Quicken (QFX)
- Comma-Separated Values (CSV)
If you want to use the QuickBooks Online format, or you are thinking that you can use it, then you don’t need to format it. The .QBO file from banks will be formatted already for QuickBooks. And if in case the file is not formatted, then you can manually reformat it and upload it. Review that the maximum size of the file is 350 KB. And if in case the file is too big, then shorten the date range, and download the transactions in smaller batches.
Start the Upload
Now start the uploading process, here we have provided two solutions for different situation, check it:
If Accounts Connected to Online Banking
Start the uploading process, if your account is connected to online banking:
- Go to the ‘Banking’ menu of QuickBooks Online, or the ‘Transaction’ menu.
- And select the ‘Banking’ menu.
- Click on the blue section for the account, that you need to upload the transactions into.
- After that, click on the ‘Update’ option, then on the ‘File Upload’ option.
If Accounts Not Connected to Online Banking
- From QuickBooks Online, go for the ‘Banking’ or ‘Transactions’ menu.
- Then select the ‘Upload Transactions’ option.
Upload the File into QuickBooks
To upload the file into QuickBooks, here is the procedure in the below:
- Click on the ‘Browse’ option, and select the file that you downloaded from the bank.
- Then click on then ‘Next’ option.
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks Account’ drop-down menu, and select the account you want to upload the transaction into.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions, and match the columns on the file with the banking field.
- Then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Check all things is right or wrong if everything is right, then click on the ‘Let’s Go’ option.
- QuickBooks will automatically add the transactions to your account.
Categorize and Reconcile the Transactions:
Review, match, and categorize transactions after the complete uploading of transactions into QuickBooks Online. And make sure the books are accurate and there are not any duplicate transactions by reconciling the transactions.
This was the blog, which will help you to manually upload transactions into QuickBooks Online. We hope you like it, and will able to upload transactions into QuickBooks Online manually, with this simple procedure. Just follow the steps, and focus on your business. Still, if you have any kind of doubts regarding this blog, then you can dial our toll-free number +1-877-715-0222 for the ProAdvisor support.