QuickBooks accounting software assigns the business accounting process, but it might have some technical error that can interrupt the working. As per the complaints of QuickBooks users, “QuickBooks is down or not working”. This error can be very disturbing for the users to catch. Thus, keeping in mind, we have come up with this answer, where we will learn the various available solutions to get rid of this kind of issue. With the help of this answer, the user can learn the ways to catch the error QuickBooks is down or not working.
Yes QuickBooks has stopped working or it has down because of one of the following reasons:-
When the user retries to open QuickBooks after the application quits itself the error message appears again and again.
- Windows operating system files are harmed.
- There are damaged or corrupt sectors on your hard disk.
- QuickBooks Desktop download files are harmed.
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed on Windows.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is missing from Windows, or is damaged.
- The company file name has more characters than allowed by QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks is down or stopped working error
This type of error can affect QuickBooks without giving any error message.So, let’s know the signs of the error so that it can be solved Quickly.
QuickBooks not responding when opening
- Seconds after opening the QuickBooks Desktop, it starts freezing.
- Mouse pointer and keyboard starts lagging.
- QuickBooks quits all at once when you open the company file.
- QuickBooks stops even before loading the dashboard.
- Other Windows applications also respond slow and experience freezing issues.
Points to consider before troubleshooting QuickBooks is down or not working
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest available updates of QuickBooks Desktop application.
- The name of the company file must be less than 35 characters including spaces.
- Turn off the antivirus protection on your computer before running.
- If QuickBooks resolves your issue, then you need to exclude QuickBooks from your antivirus scan list.
- Make sure log in with an account that has the administrative rights on Windows.