Last Updated on November 20, 2019 by Editor Team
Tracking of costs and profits can be accomplished with the use of the location and class locations in QuickBooks. This feature allows users from various locations and for different segments to run the file. The class and location may be used one at a time or together based on your requirements. This article will offer you with the commands on a way to use location and class tracking in QuickBooks.
Method to use location and class tracking in QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks document and visit Lists on the top bar menu.
- From the drop personal menu of the list select ‘class list’.
- It will open a new window that will show a couple of places in your business.
- If you need to add a new area, click at the class button on the lowest of the page and click on ‘New’ that looks on the listing.
- A new page will open where enter the new place name within the box ‘class name’ and hit OK.
- To see what the result is moving back to the main QuickBooks page and click on ‘reports’. From the drop-down menu click on ‘Company & Financials’ and from there click on ‘profit & Loss requirements’.
- It’ll open any other page in an effort to provide you with an itemized wise report of income and loss of your company. Now to see the report of the business from multiple locations, click on ‘customized report’ on the top of the page.
- It’s going to open a new window with the name ‘modify report earnings & Loss’.
- Visit the ‘Display columns by’ in the window and in the box beside it trade it to ‘class’ as commonly it’s probably to be ‘total only’.
- When that is done click on OK and it’ll open your company page’s income & Loss but this time it’s going to show with multiple columns. Each column representing each location with the itemized profit and loss.
- A number of the columns there can a column that is said as ‘Unclassified’. This column represents transactions that your bookkeeper has put in, however, it has not tagged it to any locations.
- To tag the unclassified transaction to a place you need to take the cursor and click on top of the transaction.
- This can open a new window displaying the quantity’s Transaction info via Account.
- Click on the quantity again and it’ll open any other window for the bill. You need to treat the amount as growing a brand new bill.
- At the pinnacle, you’ll see the container beside the ‘elegance’ is empty and there may be a drop-down icon.
- Click on the drop-down icon and you’ll see the locations at the menu.
- Pick out the vicinity beneath that you want to enter the transaction and then click on ‘keep & near’.
- This may supply a spark off asking whether or not if you need to change the transaction details, click on sure.
- Once you shut the ledger, you’ll see the transaction quantity that became underneath the ‘Unclassified’ column has long gone under the place you’ve got decided on and the ‘Unclassified’ column is now not there.
- File Extensions used in QuickBooks Desktop – Accountwizy
- A Way to resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor test results
- The way to Recover QuickBooks error 6129
- A Way To Create And Restore a QuickBooks portable Company File