If you accidentally delete the QuickBooks file so you can easily recover deleted QuickBooks files or folders. Generally, We store a lot of valuable financial information in QuickBooks folders Which is very important for us and we don’t want to lose it. It works in the following types of situations such as deletion, Hard drive accidental formatting, window reinstallation, partition loss, system booting failure and etc. In other words, we can Recover the QuickBooks files from the recycle bin or trash. Mainly, In Windows or Mac OS X. When we press the delete button, it does not delete the system files properly. so you can view all deleted files and folders in the Windows Recycle Bin or Trash.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
You can easily recover your QuickBooks company files in many ways such as Hard drive, Recycle bin, and with the help of Quickbooks auto data recovery(ADR) tool or Yodot recovery tool.
If you are interested to recover Deleted QuickBooks file so you have to follow the given steps only then with the help of this you can recover it.
Recover QuickBooks File From The Recycle Bin
In Windows 7, 8,00, and Mac OS X when we press the delete button, it does not delete the system files properly. so you can view all deleted files and folders in the Windows Recycle Bin or Trash. And you can easily recover the deleted QuickBooks file or folder.
If you want to recover your QuickBooks file or folder so you can learn here and easily recover it.
- First of all, go to the “Recycle Bin” And click twice on it, so that the folder opens in your desktop’s file explorer. If you are already using File Explorer, then enter the “Recycle Bin” in the address bar at the top of the window and press “Enter”.
- Then Select the QuickBooks file or folder and click the Restore all items button in the Manage group near the top of the window. If you want to restore only some files, then hold down the control button and select those files, and click the Restore the selected items button. If there is only that file in the recycle bin that you want to recover, then click the Restore all items button.
And finally, through the Recycle bin, you can easily recover all deleted QuickBooks files or folders.
Recover QuickBooks File From The Hard Drive
Commonly QuickBooks files are stored on your host machine in.IIF.QBA,.ND, .QBM.QBB.QB and.QBW formats. The files are usually located in c: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ path.
- Firstly go to the QuickBooks and open the search box, type .qbw and click the Enter button.
- After that Try to find duplicates files in the shown list of company files.
- Notice the file, right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Then go the General tab, and check the file which is labeled as QuickBooks Company File or not.
- Then Use the Date Modify feature and search for the most updated file.
- When you find the most updated file and copy it to a CD.
- Then after copying the file, delete all unused files.
- Then paste the copied file in the same place.
If your company files are located on your hard drive so you can recover deleted QuickBooks files With the help of this procedure.
Other Recommended Articles:Import Accountant Changes in QuickBooks 2020 (Restore the Accountant’s Copy)
How to Adjust Sales Tax Payable in QuickBooks?
How to delete a deposit in quickbooks?
Recover QuickBooks File From The Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery(ADR) Tool
If you are an Enterprise or Premier Accountant Edition user so Auto data recovery is not performed in these versions.
- Firstly Open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Then Make the file extensions viewable if necessary.
- Navigate through Organize > Folder and search options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Go to the Hidden files and folders then select show hidden files.
- Then Open the Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery folder.
- There will be two files with extension (.qbw.adr) & (.qbw.adr.old).
- After that Copy the ADR file to the new folder.
- Then Right-click on ADR file and choose rename options.
- Then remove the .adr extension from the end of the file and click the enter button.
- For Verify the file -Click on the file switch to single-user mode.
- Then click again on that file and go to the utilities, and select the verify data option
Recover QuickBooks File From The Yodot Recovery Tool
If you are an Enterprise or Premier Accountant Edition user so you can easily restore your QuickBooks files with the help of the Yodot file recovery tool. Even if you do have not a backup of lost/deleted files. This tool can recover all your lost files from any QuickBooks version, Windows OS version, and any storage media. It does not matter in which file system your drive is formatted.
- First of all, Use the download now key on the page.
- Then Set up the Yodot file recovery tool on your Windows computer.
- After launching the tool, choose an option from Lost File Recovery or Deleted File Recovery.
- Then select the QuickBooks Drive from the list shown.
- Enter the file extensions in the Search tab that you want to recover.
- Such as-.IIF, .QBA, .ND, .QBM, .QBB, .QBX, .QBY, .QBW
- choose your desired QuickBooks file in any view type.
- Store them safely in another location.
I hope after reading this post you will understand How to recover deleted Quickbooks files?, If still, you are unable to recover deleted Quickbooks file then immediately contact Quickbooks Proadvisor.