Do you know, how to customize reports in QuickBooks Online? If yes, then we can say that you are managing your accounts in a proper way, and if your answer is ‘No’ then, don’t worry, here we have the proper guidance to customize reports in QuickBooks Online.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
As we all know, QuickBooks reports are the most important part to get a lot of information about business finance. So it is important to customize reports in QuickBooks Online perfectly. Well, QuickBooks has the automatic feature to manage all the reports, but sometimes we need to change some information according to our need, so here we are going to know to customize reports in QuickBooks Online manually.
So let’s start the blog:
Other Recommended Articles:How To merge Customers in QuickBooks?
How To Change QuickBooks Password?
How to Open a QBM File Without QuickBooks
Procedure to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Online
Here we have given the full guidance in four-level to make it easy to understand. You just need to read the instructions and follow the instructions.
Level 1: Run Report
In the first level, you have to run the report, so follow the below steps to run your report.
- First of all, go to the ‘Reports’ menu, and find the report that you want.
- You can use the basic filters to adjust things like the report dates.
- After that click on the ‘Customize’ to open the customization window.
Level 2: Customize Reports
QuickBooks Online makes it easier to customize your report with its multiple filters. There are many reports with the same filters. And some filters are only available for certain reports. Check all the sections, and see what types of reports you can customize. Here we have given some sections, check all the sections.
- Filter Section: You can select the account according to your need in your report. And all the accounts will be shown by default.
- General Section: In this section, you can change the number format, and report period.
- Rows/Columns Section: You can select which columns, and rows will appear in the report.
- Header/Footer Section: Make a decision on what will appear in the header and footer.
To Show Specific Accounts
You can follow the below procedure to show the specific accounts:
- First of all, select the ‘Filter’ icon, and click the ‘Distribution Account’ drop-down menu.
- After that, select the boxes of the accounts which you want to see on the report.
- After setting the filters to apply, click on the ‘Run Report’ option to apply it.
View All Accounts By Type
- From the window, choose the ‘Filter’ icon.
- Then, go to the ‘Distribution Account’ drop-down menu, and click the ‘All’ option.
- Now you can apply the filter by clicking the ‘Run Report’ option.
Show Specific Customers, Vendors, Products, or Services
- Again go to the window, and select the ‘Filter’ icon.
- From there, select the vendors, customers, products, and services that you want to include in your report.
- At last, click the ‘Run Report’ option to apply the filter.
Filter Everything with Class & Location
- From the window, choose the ‘Rows/Columns’ icon, and click the ‘Columns’.
- Now select either Classes or Locations.
- After getting ready with the report, click the ‘Run Report’ option.
Level 3: Manage the QuickBooks Custom Reports
QuickBooks has a bunch of ways to customize reports in QuickBooks Online. Use the different filters to customize perfectly.
Save Custom Reports
Once you have set up the filters, save all, and run them immediately to run the report in the future.
- After creating a custom report, click the ‘Save Customization’ option.
- And give a name to your report, then click the ‘Save’ option.
Go to the ‘Reports’ menu, and choose the ‘Custom Reports’ tab to see all of the custom reports.
Automate Custom Reports
- Visit the ‘Reports’ menu, and select the ‘Custom Reports’ tab.
- Then find the custom report from the list, and go to the ‘Action’ column to select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Click the ‘Set email schedule’ option to turn it on.
- Now you need to add the email address of the people, whom you want to send the report.
- Fill out the details of the form, and set the schedule for the email.
- Lastly, click the ‘Save and Close’ option.
Add Reports to a Group
- After creating the custom report, click the ‘’Save Customization’ option.
- And go to the ‘Add this report to a group’ menu to select the group.
- If in case, you don’t have a group then, you can create a group by clicking the ‘Add ne group’ option.
- Add the report to the group by clicking the ‘Save’ option.
- Now go to the ‘Reports’ menu and choose the ‘Custom Reports’ tab.
- In the next step, find the group from the list, and select the ‘Action’ column to click the ‘Edit’ option.
- Turn on the ‘Set Email Schedule’ option.
- Now you need to add the email address of the people that you want to send the group of the reports.
- Set the email schedule, and fill out the form.
- Finally, click the ‘Save and Close’ option to save all the changes.
Level 4: Share the Reports
- From the open report, choose the email icon.
- After that, select the ‘Email’ option, and fill out the form.
- Now edit the body message, and ready the email.
- Lastly, click the ‘Send’ option.
Give Access to Other Team Members
If you want to give full access to other team members to edit custom reports then follow the below-given steps:
- From the open report, choose the ‘Save Customization’ option.
- Go to the ‘Share with’ drop-down menu, and select a user.
- After getting ready, click the ‘Save’ option.
So this was the blog, hope you all like it, and now you are able to customize reports in QuickBooks Online. You may face problems while following the procedures, in that time you can get our ProAdvisor support to troubleshoot your problem. Don’t get hesitate to get our support, we are here always with you to help you.