Due to its excellent accounting and easy to use features QuickBooks commands more than 80% of the accounting market for small and mid-sized businesses in the USA. But still, it lacks one important feature i.e. to access QuickBooks file remotely.
QuickBooks Remote Access Tool is a useful tool that helps you connect to the remote machine on which QuickBooks desktop is installed. It helps to access and work on your computer from any other computer with the help of Hight speed internet connection.
This feature does not comes with QuickBooks accounting software. To use QBs remote access you need to download QuickBooks Remote access tool with a monthly subscription.
With the help of this tool, you can access the number of computers, but it totally depends on the subscription. If you want to access more computers than you need to pay more and if less then less.
QuickBooks software is one of the well known Intuit software used for accounting, finance and business management. It has a variety of features that fulfil the different accounting needs of different users. Intuit QuickBooks adds more value to UI to make accounting much easier for users. In this article, we are going to discuss how to access QuickBooks remotely with the help of this tool.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
QuickBooks Remote Access – Needs & Benefits
QuickBooks Remote Access is a secure way to access QuickBooks files remotely from any other computer system using an Internet connection. It performs the QuickBooks multi-user activity.
With the remote access service of QB accounting software, you can easily access your QuickBooks, email and other programs anytime, anywhere. With its help can also transfer a file or folder from one computer to another. In addition, you can print from your remote PC to the local printer.
Benefits of accessing QuickBooks Remotely
With the feature of remote accessibility of Intuit QuickBooks, users will be able to gain several benefits that can add value to their business operations.
- This can save your travel time and the cost of office infrastructure for accountants.
- You can move a file or an entire folder between computers.
- Different users can link to the same QuickBooks file.
- You can easily print documents from your remote PC to a local printer.
- The client or manager can monitor all the activities of the accountants.
- You can also copy and paste between a remote system and your local PC.
The tool gets connected to the remote machine where the QB desktop is installed.
QuickBooks Remote Access Tool Cost of Accessing
QuickBooks Remote Access tool is not free Intuit software. You have to pay for it. It is available in two versions.
- Full Desktop Access ($7.95/month)
- QuickBooks Data Access ($3.95/month)
Cost for Accountants:-
If you want to access QuickBooks only than you need to pay $3.95/month per computer.
In another plan, you can access up to 10 computers and it cost is $29.95/month Access QuickBooks only.
You can also access Clients’ computer files like software programs and documents. For that, you need to pay $7.95/month per computer or $69.95/month for 10 computers.
You can also use a third party QuickBooks remote access software from the market. It works similarly to the QB Remote Access tool.
How To Set Up Remote Access to QuickBooks
- At first, sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access on the Intuit website.
- The second step is to log into your account on the QuickBooks Remote Access website. Just before login, You need to launch a Web browser on the computer. This is useful and important because it is the browser from where you need to remotely access QuickBooks.
- Click on Setup computer for downloading the remote access tool installation file.
- Enter a computer nickname in the “Nickname” field. Click on “Next“.
- Now put a checkmark next to the options in order to initiate every time you log into a remote session.
- It’s time to place a check-mark next to the applications for accessing QuickBooks data remotely on this computer. Access only your QuickBooks accounts for a minimal monthly fee. Then click on the “Next” button.
- Look at the box for the authentication option to use. Either you can enter a passcode or use a phone number too. You can enter the passcode on the login page using the passcode option. The phone number option needs the tool to call you. It then prompts you for the access code every time. At last, click on the “Finish” button.
Remote Accessing QuickBooks Procedure
- First of all, open a web browser on the remote system.
- After that, sign in to the QuickBooks remote access website account.
- Check the box, and click the ‘Connect’ option where you defined computer nickname.
- Now use the password, and phone authentication to authorize your desktop.
- Enter the pass code on the phone, when the tools calls you, and prompt for pass code.
- After finishing your session, go for the Remote access drop-down menu, and select the ‘End QuickBooks Remote Access Section’ at the end.
These steps will make you access the QuickBooks remotely. In case of any problem or difficulty in bookkeeping services, you can directly talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
QuickBooks Remote Hosting: Security
Security always plays an important role in accounting activities. Whatever accounting activities are performed by the business owner, they always require a security check for both offline operations and digital ones. Security questions are always bound to rise during QuickBooks remote access.
If you are going with the QuickBooks cloud hosting solutions, QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Hosting, security is a reliable factor to consider. Most of the providers practice 256-bit encryption. The encryption level with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Remote Access tool are almost similar.
However, if you are making use of other remote access tools, then the security concerns definitely arise on the abilities of these tools. So, better to choose for the recognized solution and stay safe.
QuickBooks Remote Access: Two solutions
Traditional Remote Screen: Many Remote Screen tools are available for QuickBooks bookkeeping software. It includes the discontinued Remote Access service from Intuit. Some tools like LogMeIn, R-HUB or TeamViewer are used.
Make a remote connection to the screen of the computer which is running remote QuickBooks. When connected properly, the image streams from the computer across and user interactions are sent back.
Enhanced Remote Access/Remote Desktop: You are logged into a user running in the background of the system that you want to access with the help of QuickBooks Remote Desktop. Therefore, one person can work on the computer with QuickBooks on it, and at the same time, someone else can log in as a new, standard user in the background.
We hope that after reading this blog you will clarify all the concepts of QuickBooks Remote Access Tool. It uses to save time to access the workplace and secure access to the file via any computer. You can choose any subscription according to your requirements.