Oh no it seems you are facing trouble in QuickBooks Online login and tired of finding the best solution!! Take a deep breath, because here we are going to share the QBO login procedure. With this, we will discuss different solutions for the QuickBooks Online problems, their reasons, and their possible scenarios. You must read the article to get the best solution to get rid of the QuickBooks Online login error.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Let’s start the article with a little overview of QuickBooks Online;
QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based web application that has far more automation than QuickBooks Desktop. Hence it is much easier to manage your books and payroll. It is very easy to access on the web as compared with the QuickBooks Desktop. It helped most of the employees applying for COVID sick leave to do their work (accounting) from home with QuickBooks Online. Find out everything you need to know about QuickBooks Online here.
Logging into QuickBooks Online: A Step-by-Step Procedure
Intuit provides the direct link to login to QuickBooks Online on the web. You have to choose which QuickBooks Online Product you want to access QuickBooks Self-Employed login, QBO login, or the QuickBooks Online Accountant login.
- First, check your internet connection, and make sure that you have a strong, and high-speed internet connection on your system.
- After that, open a web browser, and go for the site: https://qbo.intuit.com/
Note: Chrome is the most preferable, and trustable web browser for QBO login announced by Intuit.
- Now you are on the login page.
- There you can find two ways to sign in to QuickBooks Online. Sign in with Google and Sign in with user ID & password.
- At last, click on the ‘Sign In’ option.
There is another way to log in for QuickBooks Online, you also go for this procedure:
- Visit the site: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/
- There you can see the option of ‘Sign In‘ in the top right-side corner of the page, just click on it.
- From the ‘Sign In’ drop-down list select the QuickBooks Online option.
- This will land you on the login page of QuickBooks Online.
- Then follow the above sign-in steps to get into the QBO.
- Now, use and access the advanced level features of QuickBooks Online after login.
These were the basic simple steps for signing in to your QuickBooks Online account. There can be instances where you may not be able to login into your account. These errors can be by the issue at your end or the server end. Let’s see the possible reasons and problems caused by this error.
Other Recommended Articles:How to Change your Direct Deposit Bank Account in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Cannot Connect to the Remote Server: What to Do to Fix It
The way to Create Rates, Bids, and Estimates in QuickBooks Online
Issues with QuickBooks Online Login
The QuickBooks Online login process is simple, but it can become complicated if you meet a sign-in error. Here are a few examples of the error messages you could face.
- Account Services Unavailable, please try back later
- Login Error 504 ‘Gateway Time-out’
- Oops! something went wrong
- Error 404: File Not Found
- Chrome continues showing a loading icon during QBO login but doesn’t load anything.
What Causes a Login Error in QuickBooks Online
Intuit QBO login problems generally, occurs due to wrong credential (user ID, password), slow network, web browser issue, and server issue. If you enter the wrong password in the browser to login in the QB Online, you are unable to log in. This is because the browser is unable to communicate with the QuickBooks Database server.
But these are not the only reason behind the QBO login issue, there might be several mistakes that the user has to face during login. So first of all we need to detect the exact problem for the login errors to find out the appropriate solution.
There are several reasons behind the QBO Intuit login issue. Let’s see below.
- The antivirus or firewall installed in your system blocks web browsers to communicate with the QuickBooks server.
- If you do not connect with a high-speed internet connection, it could be the main reason for the error.
- Someone also logs in to the account with the same credential.
- If you have not logged out of your previous session properly, this is the reason your session was not logged out completely.
- The QBO login issue may occur due to the cache and history of your browser.
- Maybe there is a problem with Intuit website. Check the official website of it.
We have discussed some scenarios when you might face errors while logging in to QuickBooks Online. So here we have the proper guidance to solve the login problem in QuickBooks Online.
Resolving Intuit QBO Login Problem
Many factors contribute to the QBO Login issue. These are caused by a server error, a network error, incorrect settings, a system problem, and so on. Here are some of the possible causes of this error, as well as how to troubleshoot them.
Case 1: If QuickBooks Online has Login Problems on Chrome
At first, we will discuss the solution for the QB Online login problem on Chrome. If you are a user of QuickBooks Online, Google chrome, and facing a problem then, don’t worry here we have mentioned all the solutions and possible solutions for the problem.
Chrome is the most secure and customizable browser for the QuickBooks Online web application. Because Chrome lets enable you share your data online according to you. Also, you can customize the privacy setting of Chrome. Such as you can easily delete browser history and unplug any unsecured plugin. So when you face login issues with Chrome, then follow the below steps to resolve your query.
Solution 1: Login Into Chrome with New Google User ID
As you know we need a Google login ID and password to utilize the Chrome facilities. But sometimes chrome takes Google ID and password itself to login into QuickBooks Online. Due to that it doesn’t login to QBO and shows you the error. Let’s see how can you log in with a new ID and fix the issue on your own.
- First, log out from Chrome.
- Go to the Start button and click on the Chrome browser.
- Then click on the Profile icon on the right top corner.
- Then click on the Add button from the profile drop-down menu.
- Now type name and select a photo of the profile.
- Then click on the Add button.
- A new window will be open for synchronizing with your new Chrome account.
- That’s it you have to log in with the new user ID.
Solution 2: Delete Browser Cache and Chrome History
QBO uses the browser’s cache memory and cookies to run faster. When there is not enough storage to store the data, it did not load and show the error message. In this condition, you need to delete cache data, cookies, and the history of Chrome. Follow the steps to do so.
- First, open the chrome and click on the three-dot symbol at the top right corner.
- Click on the More Tools option from the list and choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now you can adjust the time range and mark the checkbox you want to delete.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
Solution 3: Put the QuickBooks As a Trusted Site in Chrome
Another solution to troubleshoot the login is adding QuickBooks in Chrome as a trusted site. There are some steps to add QuickBooks as a trusted site. Here’s the complete process, should have a look.
- Open your Google Chrome, and go to the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon. You can see this icon at the top-right corner of the chrome, which is three dots.
- After that, from the list select the Setting option, and scroll down for the Advanced option.
- Now go for the Privacy and Security option, and click on the Site Setting option.
- Then click Cookies.
- Now you have to allow the cookies by selecting the Add option from the Allow section.
- Enter both site URLs of QuickBooks Online login, which is given in the above QuickBooks Online login procedure, and save it by selecting the Add option.
- After saving all the changes relaunch the browser and try to login to QuickBooks Online again.
Solution 4: Check the Google SSO & Try to Access Through It
Google Single Sign-on (SSO) permits us to sign in to the QuickBooks Online account with Google credentials.
According to the new update of QuickBooks, you can’t be able to log in to QuickBooks Online mobile app with the Google account on the iPhone and iPad since March 30, 2020. But if you are a user of iOS then, you can access QuickBooks Online through your Google account easily.
There is an alternate solution, by which you can access your account easily. Use your Intuit account ID and password to log in to QuickBooks Online.
Use the Google credential to log into QuickBooks Online. Here you need to click on the ‘Sign-In with Google’ button and out your Gmail ID/phone, and password.
In some cases, you may not see the ‘Sign in with Google’ button, in this situation, use the Intuit username and password and get into it.
Solution 5: Use Another Browser To Resolve QB Online Login Issue
If all the above solutions didn’t work for you, then you have to change your browser. You can use Mozilla Firefox or Opera to remove QuickBooks Online login issues with chrome.
Case 2: If QBO has Login Problems in Firefox
If you are a Firefox user and facing login errors then here are some solutions provided for you. Have a look and get resolved your query.
Solution 1: Clear your Firefox Cache, Cookies and History
Cache data, Cookies, and History of the browser may lead to login errors in QuickBooks. We should clean our browsers from time to time to perform well. Let’s discuss the steps for it.
- Click the menu button from the top and select Settings.
- Choose the Privacy & Security panel.
- Click Clear Data from the Cookies and Site data.
- Uncheck the box in front of Cookies and Site Data and check the box in front of Cached Web.
- At last, click on the Clear button.
Solution 2: Enable Enhanced Tracking Protection
Enable the Enhanced tracking protection by the given steps.
- Open QuickBooks Online in Firefox and click on the shield icon next to the address bar.
- Enable the option, Enhanced Tracking Protection.
Solution 3: Enable the Pop-up Blocker
If you still have a problem in login to Firefox, try this solution. Follow the steps to enable the pop-up blocker and get resolved your query.
- Open Firefox and Go to the three horizontal bars, located in the top right corner.
- Click on the Options and choose the Privacy & Security link from the left menu.
- Scroll down the Permissions section. Click on the Exceptions option next to the Block pop-up windows.
Isn’t it easy? Hope that you have resolved the error. If not, read the other solutions discussed below.
Case 3: If the Problem is Due to Internet Connection
Sometimes our internet connection becomes slow and it hinders our work. It could be one of the main reasons for the QuickBooks Online login error. So first you need to know the reason why QuickBooks Online is so slow, then go for the solutions to fix it. Here we have given some solutions, which will show you the way to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Delete Your Temporary Internet Files for IE
Temporary internet files can lead to QuickBooks Online login errors. Because this type of file is already stored in the internet explorer cache. And when you try to login to QuickBooks Online then it will automatically take the user ID and password that saved in a temporary folder. So the user has to face a QuickBooks error. Here’s how to fix the issue.
- First, go to the Start button and click on Internet Explorer.
- Then you will need to click on the Tool menu.
- After that click on the Internet option from the tool menu.
- Then click on the Delete Files button.
- Now delete all offline data checkboxes and click the OK button.
- Then save changes by clicking on the Apply button.
Solution 2: Make Sure the SSL Setting is Correct
Recheck the SSL setting by following the below steps:
- Press Window + R to open the run window.
- Then type Inceptl.Cpl inside the run textbox.
- Click on the Advanced tab and click on the Security option.
- Then check the checkbox of SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0, then click on the OK button
- Now try to sign in to QuickBooks Online.
Solution 3: Restart Your System with Internet Modem
Restarting the system internet modem is another procedure for the problem.
- Turn off your system and internet modem. Remove DSL cable.
- If you are using a wireless connection then, unplug the wire of the router.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds, then turn on the internet modem or plug in the wire of the router server.
- After that, start your system, and again try to login to QuickBooks.
Still, if there are no changes in it then, proceed to the next step.
Solution 4: Clear the DNS (Domain Name System)
Before applying this procedure, remember that this process may affect the operating system (OS) of your system. So you may need contact with your internet service provider or the IT professional for this step.
Here in the below, we have separate two methods to clear DNS, and these two methods will be for Windows and MAC.
Clear DNS For Windows:
If you are a user of Windows then, follow the below procedure to clear the DNS.
- First of all, close the browser, and press the Windows key.
- Now in the search field enter cmd.
- Go to the Command Prompt and Run As Administrator.
- After that type, Ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Again type, Ipconfig /registerdns and hit the Enter key.
- After this step, close the command prompt window and again go for QuickBooks Online login.
Clear DNS For MAC:
If you are a Mac user, follow the below procedures to clear DNS.
- Start with the Go menu, and select the Utilities option.
- Now double-click on the Terminal, and hit the Enter key by typing dscacheutil -flushcache.
- Again type, sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder, and press the Enter key.
- Close the terminal and try to sign in again.
Case 4: If QuickBooks Online Login Error 504 ‘Gateway Time-Out’
504 gateway time-out errors occur sometimes and stop us to log in to QuickBooks Online. This is solved by following the given procedure:
- You can refresh the webpage or can press the F2 key from the keyboard because the 504 gateway error is temporary, so you can use this method for a certain time.
- Switch off and re-switch the modem, router, and run the internet properly.
- Set the default setting, if the proxy setting of the browser doesn’t tamper.
- Consult with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask for the 504 gateway error.
Case 5: QuickBooks Doesn’t Run ‘Getting a Spinning Circle on Screen’
It is very irritating when we have important work to do but are unable to access QuickBooks Online because of the slow loading process. You can follow the below procedure to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Use Short Cuts to Run QBO in a Default Browser
- Google Chrome:- Ctrl+ Shift+ N
- Firefox:- Ctrl+ Shift + P
- Safari:- Command + Shift + N
- Internet Explorer:- Command + Shift + N
Solution 2: Manual Troubleshoot Solutions
The alternative manual troubleshooting solution is:
- Refresh your system or reboot it.
- Review the privacy settings.
- Try to log in to the QBO once again.
If the above solutions didn’t work for you, try to move to the next solution.
Sign in from QuickBooks official site
Sometimes any solution didn’t work but the error can be resolved by logging in from QuickBooks official website. Try to sign in directly from QuickBooks official website. Here is the process you can follow.
- Visit the QuickBooks homepage.
- Go through the sign-in option and select QuickBooks Online.
- Try to sign in to QuickBooks Online from there.
We hope, now you can resolve the errors by following the instructions mentioned above. If you still find issues to resolve the error or have any queries, contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor for instant support. Our expert team is well trained and can help you to get rid of your problems. Get in touch by dialing the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.