Last Updated on September 18, 2020 by Editor Team
‘QuickBooks could not connect to email server”!!! Are you facing this error message while using webmail on QuickBooks Desktop? If your answer is ‘Yes’ then, it will be great because, this is the blog, where you can get the solution to this error. you can choose any one of the solutions to fix the error.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Now let’s talk about how we can solve this error and why this error comes while using your QuickBooks desktop. And to know it better, you should read the blog till the last and follow all the steps given.
Reasons & Solutions for ‘QuickBooks Could Not Connect to Email Server’.
In the below section we have show you that, why the error occurs, and how to fix it in different ways.
Why the Error Comes Out
- The error comes due to improper internet connection, that time the problem of “Couldn’t connect to email server QuickBooks” comes.
- When the settings of the email server have not been configured properly.
- If you have used an incorrect ID or password during logging into the email.
- If your QuickBooks software is outdated, you need to new.
- with the email server, you need to incorrect settings of Internet Explorer that may also hamper the QuickBook’s connection.
- To log in to your systems windows, then if you do not have admin credentials, then you come across the “QuickBooks unable to connect to email server”.
- In your QuickBooks desktop, if the outlook application has been damaged, then you can found this error.
- When the documents related to QuickBooks had damaged, that case you found it.
Solutions to Fix Error “QuickBooks Could Not Connect to Email Server”
Here below, we will give you information about the steps, with the help of which you can correct your error, so you understand all the steps given, and then follow it to fix your error:-
Solution 1:- Update to Latest Release
More problems and issues with QuickBooks go away when we have to update the latest release of QuickBooks. Many times it happens that the problem is solved only by updating. So, it is important to update the latest release QuickBooks. Here, below we will provide the details:-
- Open the QuickBooks, and then go to ‘Update to the recent or latest Release page.
- Then, check and ensure that your product is selected.
- If your product is not selected, then click on the option of ‘Change Link’ and after that choose your QuickBooks Product.
- Click the Update button to download the Update file which you want or select.
- At the last. You can click on the option of Setup Automatic Updates to know how to set QuickBooks automatically download & Install the latest Updates, and then finish the process.
Solution 2:- See the Settings in WebMail Preferences
- In this step, first, you can click on the option of QuickBooks Edit menu and then select the Preferences option.
- From the Left Pane, you can click on the option of ‘Send Forms’.
- Go to the ‘My Preferences’ page, then select the email account that you are utilizing, and after that click on the option of Edit.
- Go into the Edit Email Information Screen, you can select the Navigate to the SMTP server details section and then fix the server name.
- At the last, you can Port the Email Provider settings.
Solution 3:- Reset Internet Explorer Settings to Default Option
- Go, and click the option of open Internet Explorer (IE).
- Then, you need to click on the ‘Tools’ menu (Alt+ T) or the Gear Icon option.
- After that, click on the option of Internet Options
- You can go to the Advanced Settings Tab and then click on the option of ‘Restore Advanced Settings’.
- Click on the option of OK, and then shut down the browser.
If you find that the issue came about due to some anti-virus intrusion, it is recommended to consult an IT person or ask an anti-virus provider to help you. They can help you install QuickBooks properly when setting up your WebMail.
If you have demonstrated all three of the above-listed solutions, but are still experiencing the same problem, you can try the solutions below for related messages.
|You are not connected to the Internet or your firewall is blocking the connection.||Tried to open the Internet Explorer and access a web site.|
|Your email server settings are wrong|
Make sure you have the appropriate webmail preferences that we showed in Solution 2.
|You entered a wrong email address or password||Go to your email service provider’s website and log in to your account using the appropriate login credentials to check whether the email address or password is working. If not, you will have to recover your password.|
If you have received the error message, ‘QuickBooks could not connect to email server’ although you have not used webmail then it may be a system issue. You can create a new Windows Admin user to overcome this problem.
We hope, now you are able to fix the error ‘QuickBooks could not connect to email server’ easily. These above three steps are very simple, just follow them carefully. Further, if in case, you need any help then, you can get our ProAdvisor support through the toll-free number at any time and anywhere.