Last Updated on January 6, 2021 by Editorial Staff
In a regular interval of time, Intuit launches its new version with some new updates to make QuickBooks more easier and comfortable for the users. So the users regularly check for the new QuickBooks updates to increase their performance level by maintaining the finance section of the business.
In today’s topic, we are going to know, how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version 2021. If yet, you were looking for a procedure to update QuickBooks then complete the article till the end, without skipping any single step.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Procedure to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version 2021
The update process of QuickBooks Desktop can be completed in just 4 steps. Here you go for the procedure to update the QuickBooks in the latest release version.
Step 1: Check for the Latest Release that you Have or Not
- First of all, open and login to QuickBooks Desktop.
- And open the product information window by pressing the F2 key, or the ‘Ctrl+1’ key from your keyboard.
- Verify your current, and release version.
Check you have the latest available release version
- QuickBooks Desktop 2021
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018
Step 2: Set Up the Automatic Updates
QuickBooks allows the users to perform auto-update to the latest release version. QuickBooks will automatically download the latest updates when they are released. Here we will provide you both solutions to update the released version, you can choose any one of them according to your need.
Manually Update the Latest Release Version of QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the procedure to update the QuickBooks Desktop but always remember that, if you are going through this procedure or want to do it manually then you have to check for the new update at least once a month.
- Select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option from the ‘Help’ menu.
- Now go for the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- If you want to clear all the previous update downloads then, select the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Update the QuickBooks, and start the download process.
- After the complete download process, restart the QuickBooks.
- You will be prompted to install the new release, accept it, and install the new release.
How to Setup the Schedule of Future Automatic Updates
- First, go to the ‘Help’ menu, and select the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option from the list.
- After that, visit the ‘Options’ tab.
- Turn on the automatic updates by selecting the ‘Yes’ option.
- Select the ‘Yes’ option for each computer, if you want to share the automatic downloads with other computers on the network.
- At last, click the ‘Close’ option.
Step 3: Perform a Manual Update
If you want to perform a manual update then, go through this procedure:
How to Get the QuickBooks Updates from the Web
- Click here to get the latest QuickBooks update from the web.
- On the QuickBooks Desktop downloads & updates page, you need to fill out your country name, product, and the version as per your need from the drop-down menus.
- Now, click the ‘Search’ option.
- After that, follow the onscreen instructions to download the new update of QuickBooks.
- At last, click the ‘Get Updates’ option, and keep the download file in your Windows desktop where you can easily access it.
Get Critical Fixes Using Ultra Light Patches
The ULIP process performs the specific and important download of QuickBooks instead of the entire update by which you can save space in your system.
- Follow the above same procedure to get the QuickBooks update from the web till the step of searching the particular QuickBooks product.
- And from the list of download updates, select the ‘Critical Fixes’ option.
- Click the ‘Get Updates’ option, and save the downloaded file in a safe place.
Step 4: Install the QuickBooks Update
You have completed the process to download the latest release version. Now install the QuickBooks.
- The download process of QuickBooks will take a few minutes to complete.
- After the complete download process, open the file, and install the update.
- Then restart your system.
Install QuickBooks Update across the Network Manually
- Run the file on your system from another computer.
- Otherwise, you can copy the downloaded file to a flash drive, and move it to another computer.
That’s all about the QuickBooks Desktop update. We hope, this article will be helpful for you, and now you have no doubts that, how to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version 2021. You can hire a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, if you still have any doubts regarding this topic or if you need help to perform the update process.