Last Updated on November 20, 2019 by Editor Team
Guidelines for QuickBooks desktop users and restrictions QuickBooks accounting software has a provision of multi-user, because of this that you (Admin user) can assign numerous other customers in your QuickBooks application. You have a choice to restrict their access. In this blog, you may know in detail how to add customers and limit their access. You will also read about a few errors which are associated with other users. It essentially serves as the guideline for other QuickBooks desktop users and restriction and logs in.
SetUp Users & Assigning Roles in QuickBooks
- On the menu bar of QuickBooks clicks on the company.
- Click on the add user
- Enter the user name, password and confirm password fields and then click next.
- Click on setup users option to open the user list from where you can choose the user name.
- Click on the name of the user whose access permission you want to change
- Click on edit user to open a new window – users access window.
- Click one of the three access levels – which are going below.
- All areas of QuickBooks – The options grant full access
- Selected areas of QuickBooks – click next to further customize the permissions
- External accountant – grant full access except for personal information. Select any one of permissions and click next to the end process.
- The second option & click next to further customize permissions
- Click no access, full access, and selective access in each of the next screens according to your needs.
- Click finish.
Hiding the Account balance from Unapproved users
You can see the account balances from accounts payable, bills receivable, credit cards and bank accounts. In order to keep your customers from seeing the account balance, you will have to limit their access. Follow the steps below to restrict their access on your QB:
- Visit the company option from the menu bar and click on the installation customers & Password
- Visit the installation users
- Highlight the customer and go to the Edit user
- Press the following choice to sensitive Accounting page opens for your screen. It is essentially the 7th page out of 10 pages.
- Press No access
- Press the next option until you have reached the last page and press the end option.
Users and Restrictions
- QuickBooks Enterprises provides to the users/clients more detailed restrictions. It is the only version of QB that can create a “view only” customer.
- Modifying the access for one user’s role can disturb all the other customers allocated to the same role. If you wanna change access for only one user, Go to duplicate the role, assign a different role to that user, & edit the permissions for the duplicate role.
- You have to do the same process if you wanna adjust a current customer, click Edit User instead of selecting Add User. To view the overview of the limitation that you configured for the user profile, highlight the user & click View User.
Solutions for some Unexpected Results
Here are some errors that are related to adding new users to your QuickBooks application and their solutions:
Error 1: There is already a user with the exact same name
This error normally pops up when you are adding a new person for your QuickBooks user.
- Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks to the latest version available.
- Solution 2: Restore or create a portable company file for your QuickBooks.
Error 2: Completely Access to a user is unable to open Payroll Setup
QuickBooks may be included with Payroll. In QuickBooks, if any person who isn’t Admin then they will not be able to open the Payroll setup although they’ve full access to the software. They have to log in to the software the use of the Admin credentials, and then only they can get entry to the Payroll setup.
Error 3: Payroll details can be viewed on calenders and reports by the users who don’t have the access to payroll permissions You just have to remove the sensitive reporting and these issues with the payroll will be resolved.