Last Updated on October 14, 2021 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks error 2107 is a payroll error in QuickBooks. Generally, it does not affect the QuickBooks Online users but the QuickBooks Desktop users. If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user, and facing the same problem during the direct deposit then this article is for you.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
Today, in this article you can know how to resolve the QuickBooks error code, and what are the reasons behind the error. Before taking any step it will be good to verify your employee’s payroll details and send the payroll again.
Let’s start the blog with a little overview of QuickBooks payroll error code 2107:
- What is QuickBooks Error 2107
- Why QuickBooks Error Code 2017 Occurs
- How QuickBooks Error Code 2107 Appears
- How to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107
- The End Line
What is QuickBooks Error 2107
QuickBooks error 2107 is one of the QuickBooks payroll errors. Mostly the error occurs due to the compensation of the workers especially the direct deposit method of payment. It directly affects the flow of salary transfer through QuickBooks. And it does not allow its users to deposit the salary directly into the employee’s account.
Another reason for this error is when you have a payroll profile with active direct deposit, so you have subscribed to the original/advanced payroll. Rather than creating a new profile for Basic/Enhanced payroll. And your profile has been changed from Assistant Payroll to Basic/Enhanced.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 2017 Occurs
First, you should know, what are the reasons for this error. So here we have mentioned some of the exact, and possible reasons for this error code. These points can help you to choose the exact solution to this 2017 error, have a look:
- The QuickBooks Program may not be installed correctly.
- Improper, and incomplete transfer of the QuickBooks Payroll installationis a another cause.
- May be some of the important QuickBooks files are affected by viruses, and malicious.
- You may downloded the merchandise’s corrupted file in QuickBooks.
- Accidently some records among Quickbooks deleted or erased.
- The reason may be some virus attack on Quickbooks document or windows files & record both.
- The reason may also be Windows written account is corrupted due to any correction within the product.
- While sending to the direct deposit attempt missing direct deposit because of a missing direct deposit data once.
- Virus attack on QuickBooks connected files and windows file while attachment.
How QuickBooks Error Code 2107 Appears
In the above, you has discussed, what are the reasons behind the error, now we will know in which condition, and how it appears during the working time.
- The window will crash repeatedly. (The very common sign for every QuickBooks errors.)
- You can see the error 2107 message several times while running a similar program.
- Windows starts run slowly and work slow with mouse and console input.
- Your system sometimes being freezes (hang) for a moment.
How to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2107
This error basically occurs in the system software in the inner operating of the software system and it is somehow complicated to repair manually. So, always prefer to ask a QuickBooks ProAdvisor while you face this issue.
Solution 1: Run Windows System File Checker
File checker is used in Windows to scan and restore corrupted file included all the files which are related to error 2107. Here you go for the procedure for the file checker (this process is only for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 users).
- Go for a search bar at the left bottom of the screen.
- Insert Command in the search bar.
- Don’t press Enter key. Press and hold CTRL+Shift on your keyboard.
- Then you will be prompted with a permission dialogue box.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- Then a black box will open you need to enter “sfc/scannow” and press the Enter key.
- And system file checker will start scanning for error 2107 and for other file related problems.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
Solution 2: Manually Repair the Windows Registry
If the above solution is not showing any result against the error code then try to manually repair the Windows registry.
- Click on the Start button.
- Search for a Command in the search box. Remember that don’t press Enter button.
- When you are pressing the Ctrl-Shift then hit the Enter key.
- Then the permission dialogue box will appear.
- Select the Yes option.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Insert Regedit and press Enter option.
- Choose an error 2107 related to the error you want to back up Registry Editor, select Export from the File menu.
- Choose the folder in which you save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save In list.
- Enter the name for the backup file in the Filename box, for example, “QuickBooks Backup”.
- Do not forget to choose “Selected branch” in the Export Range box.
- Then click on the Save button.
- And save the file with a .reg file extension.
- You have now back up your QuickBooks-related registry entry.
Solution 3: Check Windows Updates
If you are using the old Windows version then check for the new version, and if there is in the new version available in your windows then update it.
- Go to the Start button.
- Insert Update in the search bar. And press Enter
- Then you will see the Window Update box.
- Select the Install Updates option, if any update is available.
Solution 4: Utilize Windows System Restore to “ Undo” Recent System Changes
Follow these steps to use System Restore (Window XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10).
- Click on the Start button on the Windows.
- And type “System Restore” in the search bar.
- And click Enter.
- And then click System Restore in the search results.
- After being prompted enter the administrator password.
- Follow the steps to choose a restore point in the Wizard.
- And then restart the system again and check out that QuickBooks is working properly.
The End Line
We tried our best to solve the problem and to provide the latest information regarding this QuickBooks error 2017. We hope you like it, and now you are able to fix the problem. Still, if there any doubts regarding this article then you can consult with our certified QuickBooks support team members.