Are you facing the QuickBooks error code 2107? If yes, then we are here to help you how to solve this 2107 error.
Generally, the reason behind this error is, you may be entering incorrect employee’s direct deposit information. To solve this issue you need to verify your employee’s payroll details. And again send the payroll.
If the issue still remains, then visit any QuickBooks specialist. Or you can also get help from the Intuit Certified ProAdvidor.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Here we will discuss what is QB error 2107, what are causes and some solutions to solve this error.
First, we are going to start with What is QuickBooks Error 2107.
What is QuickBooks Error code 2107?
Generally, you see this error due to the compensation of the workers especially Direct Deposit method of payment. This error basically affects the flow of salary transfer in Quickbooks Payroll. It restricts the user to directly deposit the salary into the employee’s account. Another reason for this error is when you have payroll profile with active direct deposit, so you have subscribed to the original/advanced payroll. Rather than creating a new profile for Basic/Enhanced payroll. And your profile has been changed from Assistant Payroll to Basic/Enhanced.
The error code shows as with a message which may similar to the following statement:
The reason behind the error
Here is the list of the reasons for the error:
- May not be the correct installation of the QuickBooks Program.
- Incomplete transfer of the QuickBooks Payroll Installation.
- May be any maliciously or erroneously program deleted QuickBooks-related files.
- The merchandise’s corrupted file is downloaded.
- Accidently some records among Quickbooks deleted or erased.
- The reason may be some virus attack on Quickbooks document or windows files & record both.
- The reason may also be Windows written account is corrupted due to any correction within the product.
- While sending to the direct deposit attempt missing direct deposit because of a missing direct deposit data once.
- Virus attack on QuickBooks connected files and windows file while attachment.
Conditions of QuickBooks Error code 2107
Now we will talk about what are the conditions and indications of QuickBooks error code 2107:
- QuickBooks Error 2107 shows the program window crashes.
- Your system may also crash and shows an error 2107 several times while running a similar program.
- Usually, you see a message on the window screen “QuickBooks Error 2107”.
- Windows starts run slowly and work slow with mouse and console input.
- Your system sometimes being freezes (hang) for a moment.
Solution for QuickBooks Error code 2107
This error basically occurs in the system software in the inner operating of the software system and it is somehow complicated to repair manually. So, always prefer to visit an expert while you face this issue.
As there are some solutions you can follow that help you to solve this error:
Solution 1: Run Windows System File Checker
File checker is used in Windows to scan and restore corrupted file included all the files which are related to error 2107.
Run System File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10):
- Go for a search bar at the left bottom of the screen.
- Insert Command in the search bar.
- Don’t press Enter key. Press and hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard.
- Then you will be prompted with a permission dialogue box.
- Click on Yes option.
- Then a black box will open you need to enter “sfc/scannow” and press the Enter key.
- And system file checker will start scanning for error 2107 and for other file related problems.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 2: Try to manually repair your Windows registry
- Click on the Start button.
- Search for a Command in the search box. Remember that don’t press Enter button.
- When you are pressing the Ctrl-Shift then hit the Enter key.
- Then the permission dialogue box will appear.
- Select Yes option.
- A black box will open with blanking cursor
- Insert Regedit and press Enter option.
- Choose an error 2107 related the error you want to back up Registry Editor, select Export from the File menu.
- Choose the folder in which you save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save In list.
- Enter the name for back up file in the Filename box, for example, “QuickBooks Backup”.
- Do not forget to choose “Selected branch” in the Export Range box.
- Then click on the Save button.
- And save the file with a .reg file extension.
- You have now back up of your QuickBooks-related registry entry.
Solution 3: Check Windows updates
- Go to the Start button.
- Insert Update in the search bar. And press Enter
- Then you will see the Window Update box.
- Select the Install Updates option, if any update is available.
Solution 4: Utilize Windows System Restore to “ Undo” Recent System changes
Follow these steps to use System Restore (Window XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10).
- Click on the Start button on the Windows.
- And type “System Restore” in the search bar.
- And click Enter.
- And then click System Restore in the search results.
- After being prompted enter the administrator password.
- Follow the steps to choose a restore point in the Wizard.
- And then restart the system again and check out that QuickBooks is working properly.
We hope the above solutions will surely help you to fix QuickBooks error 2107. If the error doesn’t solve with these solutions then you need to contact an expert who has extensive knowledge regarding the QuickBooks software.