Last Updated on by
Facing problem in resolving QuickBooks error 248? Don’t worry as in this article we will be discussing various solutions and methods by which you can easily get rid of this problem.
This error occurs inside QuickBooks when users are running payroll for their employees or tacking the backup company file. When you encounter this error that time you got a warning message- “QuickBooks company file is not found”. It means you have to rebuild your company file by using data utility in QuickBooks Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks error 248:
- An issue with the company file. (Follow solution1 and 2)
- Overpaying of an employee. ( Follow solution3)
Let’s know”how to resolve QuickBooks error 248?”.
3 Methods to Fix QuickBooks error 248
Above we already mentioned, which solution you need to follow to fix error code 248 in QuickBooks. According to its causes execute steps to get rid of this error.
Solution-1: Run Rebuild Data Utility
- Firstly, open your Quickbooks Software.
- Then, Click on the File tab and choose the Utility option.
- Now, click on Rebuild Data.
- Then, follow the prompt to save your company backup files.
- After completing the process of backup files, click on OK.
Solution-2: Verify Data utility in QuickBooks
- Again go to Utility Option in File menu.
- Then, select the Verify Data option.
- When this verifies data detected any error/issue with company file then select Rebuild it.
- Repeat this process with all issues of the company file.
While running QuickBooks payroll, you overpaying an employee and face QuickBooks error 248 then follow these solutions to fix it.
Solution-3: Create and add item in QuickBooks
- First, Open QuickBooks then navigate List section.
- Now, click on Payroll List Option and select New item.
- Click on Custom Setup then hit Enter key.
- Type name for this new item that you want.
- After it, Chose on the appropriate Account to link the new item,
- Go to the Tax Tracking option, double click on None option.
- Then, click on Neither and then choose the Next option.
- After that, enter the Amount that is overpaid by you.
- At last, click on the Finish option.
We hope that after reading this article, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks error 248. Thanks for visiting and do visit again to find more helpful articles to fix any QuickBooks issues or errors. You can also take help from our technical support team to quickly resolve your problems with the help of an expert.