As you see in the above title, this is the blog about the solutions of QuickBooks error 248. If this error creating issue to work with QuickBooks, and you are searching for the best solution to fix this error for a long time then, there is nothing to worry because, you are in the right platform. Here you can get the exact solution that you want to know.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
This error occurs inside QuickBooks when users are running payroll for their employees or tacking the backup company file. When you encounter this error that time you got a warning message- “QuickBooks company file is not found”. It means you have to rebuild your company file by using data utility in QuickBooks Desktop.
Reasons & Solutions for QuickBooks Error 248
Generally, when we need solutions to fix a problem, we always want to reach at the main cause of the problem. Like that, here we also know the reasons for the QuickBooks error code 248, so that it will be easy to choose the exact solution to fix it.
Causes for the QuickBooks Error Code 248:
Mostly this error occurs due to two reasons, and the reasons are :
- An issue with the company file. (Follow solution1 and 2)
- Overpaying of an employee. ( Follow solution3)
Let’s know “How to resolve QuickBooks error 248?”.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 248
Here we have given three solutions for two situations:
Situation 1: The first two solutions will be applicable at that time when you will get the error message of QuickBooks error 248. And these solutions come out from the first reason for this error ‘ An issue with company file’.
Situation 2: And the last solution will be applicable at the time when you will get the error while running payroll in QuickBooks. And the solution comes out from the second reason for the error ‘Overpaying of an employee’.
Now let’s start the processes to fix the error:
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Backup Error 248 While you See the Error Message
Here are the solutions ‘Run rebuild, and verify data utility‘ in QuickBooks’ for this situation:
Solution-1: Run Rebuild Data Utility
- Firstly, open your Quickbooks Software.
- Then, Click on the File tab and choose the Utility option.
- Now, click on Rebuild Data.
- Then, follow the prompt to save your company backup files.
- After completing the process of backup files, click on OK.
If the error is not yet fixed then, go for the next solution.
Solution-2: Verify Data utility in QuickBooks
- Again go to Utility Option in the File menu.
- Then, select the Verify Data option.
- When this verifies data detected any error/issue with the company file then select Rebuild it.
- Repeat this process with all issues of the company file.
Solutions to Fix the 248 Error Code While you Running QuickBooks Payroll
While running QuickBooks payroll, you overpaying an employee and face QuickBooks error 248 then follow these steps to fix it.
Solution-3: Create and add item in QuickBooks
- First, Open QuickBooks then navigate List section.
- Now, click on Payroll List Option and select New item.
- Click on Custom Setup then hit Enter key.
- Type name for this new item that you want.
- After it, Chose on the appropriate Account to link the new item,
- Go to the Tax Tracking option, double click on None option.
- Then, click on Neither and then choose the Next option.
- After that, enter the Amount that is overpaid by you.
- At last, click on the Finish option.
Thanks for visiting, we hope, you like the blog, and now you are able to fix the QuickBooks error 248 problem easily with the solutions. Further, if in case, you need help to apply these solutions then you can get the ProAdvisor support of Accountwizy at any time and anywhere through the helpline number +1-877-715-0222.