Last Updated on February 24, 2021 by Editor Team
QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393 is a banking communication error in QuickBooks, which generally occurs while a user tries to download bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. This error code also appears while you trying to access your company file. If you are facing the same problem then there is nothing to worry about. Because here we are with the article about QuickBooks error code OL 301 or 393.
Today, in this article, we will know, why this error code appears, and what are the solutions to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-461-1179.
- Reasons & Solution for the QuickBooks OL 301 Banking Error
- How to Fix QuickBooks Error OL 301 or 393
- Wrapping Up
Reasons & Solution for the QuickBooks OL 301 Banking Error
Have a gesture, and learn about the reasons behind the error code, and what are the solutions to troubleshoot the problem at the right time.
Why the QuickBooks Error Code OL 301 or 393 Occur
Some bank has some criteria to make the data save for the bank and customers. That’s why, if a bank finds any suspicious activities on your bank account or in your QuickBooks then, it sometimes stops its services.
Apart from that, the error code may be occurred because of the issue in the QuickBooks data file. If you have a data damage issue in your company file then, it will be a big reason for this QuickBooks error 393.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error OL 301 or 393
QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393 has no particular solution to fix it. Here we have given all the possible solutions for the error code. Have a look;
Solution 1: Create a QuickBooks Test Company File
Create a test company file in QuickBooks. This can easily clear you that, the problem is from the end of the bank or because of the QuickBooks company file.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu, and select the ‘New Company’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Express Start’ or the ‘Start Setup’ option.
- Now, you need to enter all the needed details in the ‘Set Up’ Window.
- At last, click the ‘Create Company’ option.
After performing this procedure if you get the error code again then it indicates that, there problem with the bank connection. And if you do not get the error code then the problem must beside you.
Solution 2: Check for Alert Notification
Sometimes banks stop its service when it finds any suspicious activity or notices any changes beside you. So it will be good to check for any bank notification.
- Open a web browser, and log into your bank account, which is attached with your QuickBooks account.
- Then, go to the notification section, and check if there any bank security notification is alerted to you or not.
- If any notification is available regarding security purposes then fix it.
- And if you haven’t got any notification then, directly contact the bank.
Solution 3: Reset the Bank Connection in QuickBooks
You need to refresh the online banking connection by resetting the bank connection if there is any banking error in QuickBooks.
- First, turn off the bank feeds of the account, which connected with the QuickBooks, and having a problem.
- The turn-on back again the bank feed.
- By doing these two steps, the connection between QuickBooks, and the bank will be refresh.
- You can do the same procedure if you get any error code related to the bank in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Arrange the Online Banking Connection
In the above three solutions, we tried to fix the problem for a single account. Now, in this procedure, we will try to reset the connection for all accounts including the inactive accounts.
- Go to the ‘Lists’ menu, and select the ‘Chart of Accounts’ option from the list.
- Now you can see an option of ‘Include Inactive’ at the buttom menu.
- Turn off the bank feeds for all active, and inactive accounts.
- Merge the accounts, if there are two accounts available in the same name.
- Close the QuickBooks, and reopen it.
- Again turn back on the bank feeds for each, and every account.
Solution 4: Check the Company Data
If you have any issue with your QuickBooks company file then verify, and rebuild data two times.
After verifying the company file twice, if you get the error again then you need to recover your data.
Solution 5: Verify by Your Bank
If all of the above solutions are not worked for you then, at last, you have to contact your bank to troubleshoot the problem. Also ask for any familiar representative with the account activation, and QuickBooks Online banking.
We have given all the possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks error OL 301 or 393. Carefully, follow all the steps to fix the issue. Still, we will recommend you to directly contact your bank, if you facing any banking error in QuickBooks. We tried our best to provide effective solutions to the problem further, if you need help to clear about this error code then you can get our QuickBooks support for the instant solution.