Last Updated on December 28, 2020 by Editorial Staff
By adopting QuickBooks Scan Manager, users can scan estimates, orders of sales, orders of purchases, product receipts, Write checks, and inventory transfers, etc. In advanced inventory, business works with barcodes. It is because Barcodes make the data entry faster and easier instead of manually putting the data in QuickBooks desktop. To know the scan manager closely, here we have a blog for you ‘How to set up QuickBooks scan manager?’.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-877-355-0435.
A Setup of QuickBooks Scan Manager introduced for proper scanning of bills receipts and important documents and also offers a facility of attaching them to your transactions. After some time you can include all these documents to your invoices, sales receipts, bills, and other transactions. If you have installed a new scanner for your business and you are ready to scan a document then you require a complete setup of QuickBooks Scan Manager for attached documents related to QuickBooks.
Benefits of Using QuickBooks Scan Manager
QB Scan Manager was introduced to offer a variety of benefits to business owners. These are:
- It is very simple and easy to use and doesn’t require accounting proficiency.
- Easily connect it with your Bank account for importing and categorize the multiple transactions automatically.
- Scan Manager creates updating of balanced sheets, invoices, slips, and other online documents automatically.
- Offers a facility of adding files to other transactions including invoices, bill receipts(sales orders receipts, and purchase orders receipts).
- Helps the warehouse manager and their team to fulfilling their tasks in very less time.
How to Setup QuickBooks Scan Manager
Here the set up process will be done in just three steps. We have given the complete guidance to set up the scan manager, and to complete these three steps properly.
Step 1: Create Scan Profile
- Visit the ‘Company’ tab, and select the ‘Documents’ option for the ‘Doc Center’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘Scan a Document’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘New’ option, if you set up a new profile.
- Otherwise, you can select the existing scan profile, if you already have an existing profile.
- Now edit your profile name, and select the ‘Continue’ option.
- Edit the profile settings, according to you, and click the ‘Save’ option.
Step 2: Set Up, and Test the Scanner
- Go to your profile, and click the ‘Select’ option.
- Click the ‘Scanner Setup Wizard’ option from the ‘Select Scanner’ window.
- If the current selection field is showing in the scanner then everything is ok. And if you are unable to see the current selection field, click the ‘Yes’ option, and go for the ‘Next’ option to download the latest scanner database.
- Now choose a mode (Normal Mode).
- Mark the ‘Perform Tests’ box, and click the ‘Next’ option.
- Now choose the test, that you want to run for the scanning process, and double-click on the ‘Next’ option to start the scanning process.
- In the ‘Repeat this test in order to check all modes’ box, mark tick, and click the ‘Next’ option to continue the scanning process.
Step 3: Scan & Add Documents
In the last step, use the scanner and add document.
- Start the Scanner to use it properly.
- Click on the ‘Attach File’ option on any transactions, to attach a file.
QuickBooks Scan Manager has Stopped Working- How to Fix It
There are multiple error issues that you may experience while working with QuickBooks Scan Manager. It is very common to face technical challenges while working with technology but requires to encounter those issues.
At the time of scanning documents and receipts, QuickBooks scanner faces technical challenges described below. Sometimes a message popped on the screen that indicates QuickBooks Scan Manager is not working or Not responding. It can occur while your technology is technically and functionally affected.
Error Popup: QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Responding
If you see the same error message while working on it then apply steps. In case, your QB scanner exits automatically without displaying any error message or display error code 281,1 then follow the steps given below in the same order.
Could not Scan, Unable to find TWAIN Driver
As I mentioned above, it is one of those having good compatibility with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
- Ensure that you are using a TWAIN Complaint Scanner.
- Verify the scanner outside the QuickBooks to ensure that the scanner is working properly or not.
- If the scanner doesn’t respond outside QuickBooks it means the problem does not only exist in the scanner but it has other technical issues.
- To solve the problem persists with the scanner you have to contact the IT professionals or technicals to fix the issue.
Error Code 281,1
- You have to delete your old Scan Account ID and create a new one.
- Modify user account settings
- After Repairing QuickBooks Scanner start scanning again
- Reinstall it using a clean install
- After that setup QuickBooks Scan manager and try again to scan the transactions
In the End, QuickBooks Scan Manager introduced By Intuit is to scan the receipts and transactions by adopting the barcode feature. It comes under the topmost scanner for everyday scanning activities. By applying the following steps list above, you can fix the technical error issue that occurs while working with the QuickBooks Scan manager.
Hope this blog will help you in getting a complete understanding of QuickBooks Scanner. If you want to know additional details then get Proadvisor Support for the best solution.