Last Updated on by
You have listened about clean install from Quickbooks advisor. When you get an error in QuickBooks, then sometimes you need to uninstall software. And then reinstall it, this process called a clean install. Similarly when Quickbooks user faces Quickbooks error. Then they need to acquire a Quickbooks clean install tool. Because the QB clean install tool helps us to repair damaged Quickbooks desktop.
Overview of Quickbooks Install Tool
Quickbooks clean install tool helps us to rebuild damaged QuickBooks applications. If you simply re-install Quickbooks desktop, it will not fix Quickbooks error. In order to resolve Quickbooks damages you need to use Quickbooks clean install tool. Because clean install helps you to remove the error from opening a company file. And clean install also removes any type of Quickbooks error.
Note: if you want to perform a clean install process. Then make sure you have Quickbooks desktop download file in your Pendrive.
Steps To Use Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
When you want to perform a Quickbooks clean install, you need to download clean install Quickbooks. But first you have to uninstall Quickbooks and check c drive. If any folder exist with Quickbooks name then rename it. After that, you can follow the below instruction…
Step 1 Uninstall Quickbooks Desktop
- Go to the search option from the taskbar and type control panel
- Then you have to click on Program & Features.
- You can see a list of the program installed in your system, write click on Quickbooks, and then Uninstall a program.
- Then follow the uninstall instruction appear on the window.
Step 2 Rename The Installation Folder
- After uninstalling Quickbooks desktop you need to go C drive
- And rename download folder
Step 3 Steps To Download Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
Now its time to download and install Quickbooks clean install tool. So let’s click on the below link to download it.
- Download the QB clean install tool from here and wait for the downloading process.
- Then you need to click on the downloaded setup file.
- Accept terms and condition of Quickbooks clean install tool and click on Next
- Now you have to choose Quickbooks desktop version that you want and press continue
- After then you will get the message ”Quickbooks is now able to do clean process ”. So you can install it into your PC default directory.
(a)Manually Rename Quickbooks Desktop Installation Folder
After installing the QuickBooks desktop installation, you will need to rename the installation folder. To complete these steps you will need to show your hidden folders. You can then rename the download folder location. But to remember you can add an old or corrupt word to the end of the folder name. By doing this, QuickBooks will not recognize that you want to create a new folder.
(b) If you get an error message (access denied during rename the folder)
- First right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager
- Select Image Name & Column header from Process Tab.
- Select all the setup files like QBDBMgern.exe, QBCFmonitorservice.exe. And click on the End option
- Now you will see an error message on the screen, click on Yes, if you end this process then you can face errors.
Step 4 Run The Quickbooks Clean Install Tool
Quickbooks clean install tool available into Quickbooks tool hub. Download and install it then open your QuickBooks tool hub and follow the below steps…
- Inside Quickbooks tool hub app, you will see Installation Issues, click on it
- And you will get Quickbooks clean install tool press on the green button
- Now select the version of QB and product version then click on continue.
- Make sure your Quickbooks software install at default location then click on OK
Wait for the process finished, after finished, you can reinstall Quickbooks desktop.
When you are not able to resolve your Quickbooks error after many try. Then you will need to download Quickbooks tool hub, because it has Quickbooks clean install tool available that solve your Installation issues. So follow the above steps to get knowledge about how to run Quickbooks clean install tool.