Today Accountwizy is here with a new article to connect QuickBooks payments account to QuickBooks Online. Are you interested to know the procedure, if yes, then hurry up, and read the blog carefully, till the end?
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Procedure to Connect QuickBooks Payments Account to QuickBooks Online
Here is the procedure to connect QuickBooks payments account to QuickBooks Online, just follow the steps, and complete the procedure.
Step 1: Get Ready to Connect
- You need to return any open transactions before adding your accounts. And also you will not be able to return transactions created before the date of adding your payment account.
- If you have recurring payments in Merchant Services, then you need to remove them. And after that, you need to sign in to merchant services and disable any recurring payments before you begin.
Details about QuickBooks GoPayment
If you use QuickBooks GoPayments (our mobile payment app), then you need to connect to QuickBooks Online to reset your app’s settings. And this process removes your transaction history and receipt optimization. But don’t worried about it, your transaction history will still be in your merchant service account.
And also, QuickBooks replaces items and descriptions with the app you provided in QuickBooks Online. And this process makes it keeps everything consistent. QuickBooks can delete its ID if you have many users in GoPayments.
Step 2: Connect with Payments Account to QuickBooks Online
Here below we provide the details of how to connect with a payment account to QuickBooks Online, follow these given details, and complete this process:-
- Firstly, go to the home page and sign in to QuickBooks Online as an admin.
- Then, go to the Settings menu and then click on the Account and Settings.
- Click on the Products and services tab.
- Go to the windows menu and choose the Connect or Link Merchant Service option in the Existing Account section.
- Click on the option of the QuickBooks Payment account you want to connect. Then choose the Connect option.
- After that, you need to review the account info and make sure it’s accurate. And if everything looks good or correct, then click on the option of Connect.
- And once the connection is finished, then you need to sign out and sign back into QuickBooks Online.
Note: When you connect your account, then QuickBooks removes the currently tied user ID from your QuickBooks Payments account. This replaces them with your QuickBooks Online User ID.
Update the Payment Account for Apps
If you want to update the payment account for apps then in this process when you will need to reconnect them with all the apps which you want to use, and if you use the shopping cart, website, or third-party processing apps with your Payments account. Then you need to go to the QuickBooks App page, and then find the apps, and also you need to connect them to QuickBooks Online. Then that time you can found the steps for reconnecting vary from app to app.
Step 3: Change the Account QuickBooks Puts Money Into
If you can keep using the same account then you have always used it to deposit customer payments. And if you need to change it then here’s we provide the details of how to change the account. Follow these steps carefully and complete this process:-
- First, you need to sign in to QuickBooks Online in a web browser. Don’t use the mobile app or GoPayments.
- After that, o to the Settings menu and then click on the option of Account and Settings.
- Then, click on the Payments tab. In the Deposits section next to Standard Deposits, click on the option of Change bank.
- Then, click on the Add new bank account.
- After that, you need to enter the Routing Number and Account Number of the bank account you want to change to.
Tip:- You can also log in to your bank directly to save time and data entry.
- Click on the option of Save.
- And then, provides the review of the bank account info and is selected, then click on the option of Submit.
Step 4: Turn on Payment Options and Online Invoices
When you have to complete all the above processes then now your accounts are connected. Here’s how to turn on payment options and process payments. Follow these steps carefully and complete this process:-
- Click on the + New option.
- Choose the Receive payment or Receive invoice payment.
- After that select the customer from the Customer dropdown.
- Come in the Outstanding Transactions section, and then click on the open invoice that you want to apply the payment toward.
Tip:- when you want to apply for a partial payment, then you need to change the amount in the Amount Received field.
- In the Payment method dropdown, choose the payment method.
- And when you’re done with all the above process then, click on the option of Save and close.
Other Recommended Articles:How to Return QuickBooks Products for a Refund
How to Pay Bills in QuickBooks Desktop
How to E-File With The Refreshed Intuit 1099 E-File Service in QuickBooks Desktop
Next Steps: Manage Everything in QuickBooks Payments
And when you want to see your transaction history or processing fees service fees, order card readers, or change your settings, sign in to the Merchant Service Center. You can manage all of your QuickBooks Payments info from here. Follow these given steps and sign in to the Merchant Service Center:-
- First, you need to go to the Settings menu In QuickBooks Online and then click on the Account and Settings.
- After that click on the Payments tab and then you need to Manage details. And then a new tab will open and Merchant Service Center.
So this was the article to connect QuickBooks payments accounts in QuickBooks Online. At last, we hope you like this blog. You can also get our Accountwizy support to if in case, you need any help to follow this procedure. We are available for all the time to help you.