Last Updated on September 16, 2020 by Editor Team
Do you know “How to download bank feed transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?”. If you want to get the solution for this query, then read our article carefully to get the complete guidance.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743.
Steps to Download Bank Feed Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop
Let’s start the procedure:
Create Back Up of QuickBooks Company File
Multiple points you have to be kept in your mind while downloading the Bank feed transactions. Firstly, you have to open your account in Bank then setting up your accounts for bank feeds. This will help you to start downloading the bank transactions from your banks.
- Before starting the whole procedure take a complete backup of QuickBooks company file.
- At the same time, QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t allow its users to download multiple transactions in the same company file more than once. But, on its behalf, your Bank is capable to provide authority to revive transactions through which QuickBooks download the transactions again. Visit your bank for more help and consult related to the same issue.
- WebConnect is not having good compatibility with all the files. It has good compatibility with .qbo files and doesn’t support QFX and QIF files. For proper functioning of these files in QuickBooks Desktop and to maintain compatibility, some third party applications will play the lead role so that QIF files can easily accessible on the Intuit Marketplace.
Download All the Transactions
You can download all the transactions in two ways, First we will start with way (1).
Way 1: Downloading Bank Feed Transactions using Direct Connect
When you establish the connection for the first time, the Maximum number of transactions starts downloading automatically from your Bank. This is the same as downloading the QuickBooks. It totally depends on your bank to provide up to a year of past transactions. Some Banks only provide 90 days of past transactions instead of up to one year of bank transactions.
- First of all, Open QuickBooks in your PC and the visit the “Banking” Menu
- Later on, Browse for your “Bank Feeds” and then Choose “Bank Feed Center”
- Pick any account you want to link with the Bank Account list. It is optional. From the “Send Items to your Bank” you are eligible to edit or delete items by using the drop-down menu
- Whenever you want to download the transactions. You can download it any time by choosing “Download Transactions”
Basic Note: If the transactions are already downloaded but not reviewed by the user then they don’t require to redownload the transactions. Simply visit the “Transaction List” and review all the download transactions.
- If you want to download the transactions for a particular amount you will have to choose the “Synchronize” option. After that, you will see the option “synchronize this account” click on it. But if you want to download all the transactions for all your bank account of the same bank then choose “Sync all for this bank”
- For accessing the Window, manually enter your PIN and Password to connects from your Bank
- In the End, Hit the “OK” button
After downloading all the transactions you have to match and add new transactions
Note: Anytime you can delete any remaining transactions(either previously matched and added transactions) by deleting the statement. To avoid redundancies and duplicate entries, once you deleted the downloaded transactions, you’re unable to download it again.
Way 2: Download bank Feed Transaction using Web Connect
Few Bank sets a range date for downloads. If your bank account doesn’t have this option then at the time of establishing the connection for the first time, the Maximum number of transactions starts downloading automatically. The transactions period starts from 30 days and shifts to 60 days and 90 days or more depending on the bank.
There are multiple ways to import transactions by using Web Connect
If you are working with QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks and then browse for “Banking” Menu
- After that see the bank feeds and then choose “Banking Center”
- Find your Bank account and then choose “Download Transactions”. This will lead to open the Browser Window to your Bank’s website.
Simply log in to your Bank website for downloading the Web Connect File
If you are working outside of QuickBooks Desktop
- Open any web browser and be ready to open the URL of your Bank site.
- Log in to your Bank account with your credentials such as Username and Password). Once both are matched with the Bank database stored credentials then you can successfully log in to your Bank account.
- Now download all your transactions as a QuickBooks Web Connect (.qbo file)
Note: The way of downloading the transactions in every bank is totally different and also have a separate method for downloading QuickBooks Web Connect files. If you have some issues in performing each step then go visit the Bank website and look for the steps. If the query persists then reach out to the bank for complete and proper guidance.
Hopefully, by reading this article you can easily download bank feed transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. If your query still not fixed then you can get our ProAdvisor support to troubleshoot the problem through our toll-free number +1-888-202-8743 .