Last Updated on by
Why does Quickbooks keep aborting or you encounter a QuickBooks Abort Error and want to know what are the reason or causes behind Quickbooks abort error then read this blog or post carefully by reading this post you will understand what are de causes behind abort error.
This error give you some message such as using an updated version of QuickBooks and asking the user to stop the ongoing transaction and restart by restarting the software. There can be many reasons like any changes in company files, crashes, which can also be caused by some third-party applications installed in your system, Loss, etc. Because of causes suddenly software appears QuickBooks abort message and Stops working.
So let’s get to know about its reason, causes and methods to solve it.
Causes of QuickBooks abort message:
- Missing some important files from QuickBooks like QB.INI file.
- Cause of damaged window or might be a corrupted window.
- You use old version QuickBooks.
- Cause of damaged program files.
- Cause of multiple hosting QB company files.
- While saving company files might be hibernation mode is on.
- Some clashing problems with firewalls or antivirus installed in the system.
- Configurations of another version of QB and setup with more than one user.
While working on the software, before you see this error message, you may have to face various interruptions like QuickBooks suddenly stop working and many symptoms examples are given below.
Symptoms of QuickBooks abort message:
- QuickBooks starts to respond slowly.
- Suddenly some crashes in the computer system.
- QuickBooks goes to sleep mode.
- Your system is automatically shut-down.
- QuickBooks Stop working without showing any message instruction.
- After display QuickBooks abort error on the computer then QuickBooks terminated.
Steps to fix QuickBooks abort error message
As you knew what are the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks abort error message. now its time to fix the error quickly. here we give solutions to fix your QB error problem. by following the given expert guidance you will get the best result.
first, you need to restart the database server and keep the file to the different folder.
Step-1: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to fix QB error
- Download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Then save it windows desktop
- After that, Double click on downloaded file QuickBooksTool.exe
- Then you need to follow some instructions on the screen to install tool
- Click to agree on all terms & condition
- After installing this tool open it
- Then, select QuickBooks Tool Hub and open this program
- In this tool hub, you should select the installation issue
- After that, click on QuickBooks desktop install Diagnostic tool, it will take time max 15 to 20 minutes to finished
- At last, Restart your computer.
The first step would solve the QuickBooks abort error. after completing the above step’s instruction if you see this error again then move on the second step.
Step-2: Check Antivirus & firewall setting status
- First, you have to login window as an administrator
- With the Administrator right, you open the Control panel
- Then click on Antivirus status
- After that, you have to select Setting and then Enter
Now you should check QB abort message is fixed or not. if this error still around then continue step3.
Step-3: Rename QuickBooks(Qbwuser.ini) file
- To rename INI file name, move your file from your computer C drive
- Then right-click on this file and select Rename or click F2
- After that, change the name with adding the old extension
- Then rename second file ECML
- After it, you can open your company file to do your work.
By reading this post you will easily understand why does Quickbooks keep aborting or how to fix QuickBooks abort error and you can easily fix by following these steps. If you are still unable to fix and want to know more about this error then you can hire a Quickbooks Proadvisor.