Last Updated on January 20, 2021 by Editorial Staff
Accountwizy back with another article about the QuickBooks error 12152. Now you have not to worry, if you were facing the error code while updating the QuickBooks. This error code generally occurs due to the improper internet connection to the computer, and outdated version of QuickBooks.
Save Time & Effort
Get help from expert
Get your accounting work done by experienced accountants. Fix all your accounting software errors & problems. Dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Let’s go to the deep to fix the problem in a short time:
- Reasons, Signs, & Solution for the QuickBooks Update Error 12152
- What are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 12152
- How to Confirm the Error 12152 in QuickBooks
- How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12152
- The End Line
Reasons, Signs, & Solution for the QuickBooks Update Error 12152
Here is the guide for you to learn the reasons, signs, and solutions for the error code. Read, and enhance your idea regarding this article.
What are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 12152
So as we have already told you, the cause of QuickBooks error 12152 is a poor internet connection. But besides this, there are many other reasons also available. That you need to know the several reasons behind this error:
- When QuickBooks is unable to read/write the license data.
- When you use an outdated version of QuickBooks
- The Windows API keys are damaged or wrong
- During the installation of QuickBooks, you have aborted some steps
- Your system is affected by the viruses and malware
How to Confirm the Error 12152 in QuickBooks
You can confirm the error through the below points:
- The main symptoms of QuickBooks error 12152 are appearing messages on the screen.
- Your operating system will automatically crash
- And any command given by you work slowly on PC
- A computer system might be sluggish and freeze
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12152
After finding the reason and symptoms of QuickBooks error 12152. It becomes very easy to resolve this issue. Similar to you many of us face problems during QuickBooks update. So let’s see below step by step solution.
Solution 1: Verify the Setting of Date and Time in PC
- The very first thing is that you have to check the date and time settings.
- If your settings are not correct than a visit to settings and change it
- By clicking on the Adjust Date/Time option
- Then, restart your pc and test if QuickBooks error 12152 is fixed.
If you still facing QuickBooks error than you will need to follow the below steps
Solution 2: Restore your Computer
- Firstly, you need to login to your pc as an administrator
- Now, click on the start menu.
- After, that hit All Programs and choose accessories
- Now you have to choose System Tools and hit on System Restore.
- The new Window open selects the “ Restore my computer to an earlier time” alternative.
- Hit on next
- Choose a system restore factor and then tab next
- After, that opens a configuration window
- Click on next
- While the process is finished then restart your pc
- And, see QuickBooks error 12152 is resolved or not.
If again QuickBooks error 12152 arises then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Verify the Internet Settings
Make sure your internet connections are working properly. Because the main reason is your poor internet connection.
- Firstly, you need to check your internet settings
- Now you have to click Windows + R then visit internet settings.
- After, that hit on advanced alternative
- Lastly, click on the advance reset option to make the changes whatever it requires.
Solution 4: Change Backup File Extension
- Click on the start option from the taskbar
- After that type cmd in the search field
- Then press entering by holding ctrl + shift
- Then you need to click on Yes when the permission dialog box is promoted.
- Now you will see a black field with a blinking cursor
- Then you have to type “Regedit” and hit enter
- Select error 12152 associated key in the registry editor
- Click on the File menu from the menu bar and select Export
- Select the file from the store in the list to save the IE backup key
- Enter a name in the field to save the backup
- The select branch from the export range box
- Now, click on save
- Finally, click on the Save button and click on the file with reg extension
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Software
When you improperly download or install QuickBooks Software then QuickBooks Error 12152 can arise. So you need to reinstall QuickBooks Software in a proper manner.
- Firstly uninstall and download the latest version of QuickBooks application once again
- When the QuickBooks Software is download in your system then open it
- Discover the scan option and run it.
- Then you will see a list of errors that occurs in your system
- Now click on Repair All Option to fix them
The End Line
So this was the article to fix the QuickBooks error 12152 in different ways. We tried our best to put information in this article, hope you like it, and now you are able to fix the problem as soon as possible. You can also get our QuickBooks support for instant solutions.